Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2008- PGSM and Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panels at the conventions!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Hi Everyone!

It's a new year and I want to let you know that I will be returning with both of my panels- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (PGSM) Fan Panel and Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel!

This year I was planning to attend more conventions, but family plans have change my plans. So it looks like I will be only being attending-
Otakon - Baltimore, MD August 8-10, 2008
Matsuricon - Worthington, OH August 22-24, 2008

UPDATES!!!
7/23/08
After a few cancellations My "Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel" was approve for Otakon!!! Added Day and Time; Location is coming soon!!!

7/16/08
Otakon's PGSM Panel time/location/day has been announce and posted!!!!

6/20/08
Hana Yori Dango Live Action Fan Panel has just been confirm for Matsuricon!

6/15/08
Naoko Takeuchi fan panel was not approve for this year's Otakon, so I will try again for next year.

6/11/08
-->Just wanted to let everyone know that the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel has been approve for Otakon! As for the Naoko Takeuchi fan panel I'm still waiting to hear back on the panel status.. once I get word I'll let everyone know!!!! Also please read---> PGSM FanArt donations for PGSM Fan Panel's Contest's prizes! See this topic posted for more information- http://liveactionsailormoon.deviantart. ... /17786984/ or http://www.prettyguardiansailormoon.com ... php?t=6033

Panelists-
I'm going to start now and say if anyone that like to be on the panel please either note me here or email at lilly.peacecraft@gmail.com. Since Otakon would be my first convention for this year, I like to have an idea of panelists by the time they open the enter forums for the panels. Of course previous panelists- Nick, Yosenex, Kali and Topaz are more and welcome to be on the panels.... also ddrninja (Will) might be coming and if he is he is my co-panelist since he has been there since day/con 1! Jay if you able to get time off from your job your more and welcome to be on the panel too!
UPDATE-
Otakon-
Do not need anymore panelists for Otakon!

Matsuricon-
As for Matsuricon I'm still looking for any that might be in the Ohio area around August the 22-24th! Just let me know! There is no limit of how many that I can have on a panel at this con!

Panelists for Otakon-
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel
Come and join us as we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, known as "PGSM" for short; Toei's Live-Action Sailor Moon Series and share our love for Sailor Moon as a series that began as a manga and expanded into an anime, musical and finally a live action series similar to those that inspired the creator! Relive or experience for the first time some of the memorable scenes from PGSM through the videos we will provide and learn the romance dance. There will also be a Contest with prizes and for coming we will have door prizes! There will also be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. If you don't attend in the name of the moon you will be punished! All Ages

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)

Guests
Yosenex (from Genvid)
Katherine (Kali from Kirari-PGSM.net)
Sarah (Sakura, sakky-attack from Genvid and Deviantart)
Tommy (aka "Kungpow" from Genvid and "Destiny Revival")

Back Ups
Nick (Moon Jump)
Tracy (Topaz)

Status on the Panel
As of June 11, 2008 this panel has been approve!

Day- Friday
Time- 2-3pm
Location - Panel Room #1 (Rooms 337-338)

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
Takeuchi Naoko or Takeuchi-sensei, what most fans call her, is best known for Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon. But what over works has Naoko come up with? Come join us for an overview and discussion about her other works. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. All Ages.

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)
Nick (Moon Jump)
Yosenex (from Genvid)- Guest Panelist
Tommy (aka "Kungpow" from Genvid and "Destiny Revival")

Status on the Panel
As of July 23, 2008 this panel was approve!

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
Day - Friday August 8th
Time - 5-6pm
Location - Workshop 1 (Room 339-340)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Panelists for MATSURICON-
Come and join us as we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, known as "PGSM" for short; Toei's Live-Action Sailor Moon Series and share our love for Sailor Moon as a series that began as a manga and expanded into an anime, musical and finally a live action series similar to those that inspired the creator! Relive or experience for the first time some of the memorable scenes from PGSM through the videos we will provide and learn the romance dance. There will also be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. If you don't attend in the name of the moon you will be punished! All Ages

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)

Status on the Panel
As of March 19, 2008 this panel has been approve!

Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel
Takeuchi Naoko or Takeuchi-sensei, what most fans call her, is best known for Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon. But what over works has Naoko come up with? Come join us for an overview and discussion about her other works. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel. All Ages.

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)

Status on the Panel
As of March 19, 2008 this panel has been approve!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are brief descriptions about my 2 other panels that I will be running at Matsuricon 2008-

Hana Yori Dango Live Action Fan Panel-
This panel is about all the different live action versions of Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers) and how close and different are they to the manga (this panel is still in the planning stages, but if you have any comments and suggestions Or like to be on the panel with me feel free to let me know.).

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)

Status on the Panel
As of June, 20 2008 this panel has been approve!

Heroes Fan Panel-
Come and join us for an overview about the NBC's Heroes TV Series and give us your input about the series. There will be some highlights include clips from the series. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel.

Panelists-
Meg (Lilly-chan)

Status on the Panel
Was not approve!

thanks for the support!
~Lilly-chan
PS: Since I have a laptop now... I will be showing footage from it^.^

Last edited by Lilly-chan on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:02 am, edited 18 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:12 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 71 months ago
inactive
I should be going to Otakon yet again. Since my Ten Games You Should Have Played Panel was so popular I want to do another one. I'll help you out again for sure, Lil. Just let me know when they start taking suggestions.

My friend Gerard also wants to see about getting a table in the Art Ally to promote the comic. We don't really have stuff to sell, but it would be cool to get the word out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:53 am 
inactive
Moon Jump wrote:
I should be going to Otakon yet again. Since my Ten Games You Should Have Played Panel was so popular I want to do another one. I'll help you out again for sure, Lil. Just let me know when they start taking suggestions.

My friend Gerard also wants to see about getting a table in the Art Ally to promote the comic. We don't really have stuff to sell, but it would be cool to get the word out.

Hi Nick! It's good to heard that you will be at Otakon again! Sure I'll give you an heads up when Pre-reg for panels begins. I hoping this year that they approve both panels and they make it in the program book!

As for an table, remember if you get your panel approve you get a free table! Be sure to request to have your table next to mine and I'll do the same!

PS: I'm also running 2 new panels at Matsuricon in Worthington, OH on August 22-24, 2008 Called "Hana Yori Dango Live Action Fan Panel" and "Heroes Fan Panel".
Here's their brief description:
Hana Yori Dango Live Action Fan Panel-
This panel is about all the different live action versions of Hana Yori Dango (aka Boys Over Flowers) and how close and different are they to the manga (this panel is still in the planning stages, but if you have any comments and suggestions Or like to be on the panel with me feel free to let me know.).

Heroes Fan Panel-
Come and join us for an overview about the NBC's Heroes TV Series and give us your input about the series. There will be some highlights include clips from the series. There will be time for a question/answer period at the end of the panel.

Right now I plan to only run them at Matsuricon , but if I get a number of request to think about Otakon then maybe.... and if so, I would like a few extra help on both. (At Matsuricon I'm ok with just running them by myself like my 2 previous panels- but its always nice to have someone up there with you.)

-------

Hi Everyone,

I may or may not be online lately, since my Uncle is in the ICU at Riverside Hospital (Columbus, OH) in critical condition. All the doctors are working around the clocks since Tuesday January, 29 to figure out whats wrong and what started him to be in this unstable stage. They found a large mass (tumor- non-cancer) in the front of the brain and his kidneys are not working, (he is on a 24-hour dialysis to see if they can get the kidneys to work again) also is sugar levels are very high, and he blood pallet counts is down to 19. They finally got his temp. down to a normal range. He was originally way over 100's and they had to put him in ice and keep him a freezing room.

So if you can keep him in your prayers that would be great! Thank you!
~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:48 pm 
inactive
UPDATE!

Otakon's Pre-reg and Panels Application is open now! So I need to know who would like to be a panelists at Otakon ASAP! So that I can finish revamping the panel outline and send in in ASAP!

So far we have- (beside myself)
Will (aka DDRNinja)
Nick (Moon Jump)
Sakura (sakky-attack)
Tracy (Topaz) as a back-up

If anyone else wants to help out please let me know ASAP. As for Matsuricon there isn't a rush to get my information in. But I would like to know before July.

Anyways thanks!
~Lilly-chan

Last edited by Lilly-chan on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:51 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Oh good you did get my PM then. :3 I registered today and booked my flight so I am definitely going. Were any of my crazy ideas doable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:26 am 
inactive
Sakura wrote:
Oh good you did get my PM then. :3 I registered today and booked my flight so I am definitely going. Were any of my crazy ideas doable?

Hi Sakura,

Yep I got your PM, just haven't had time to reply back to it. I do like some of your ideas. If you like I'm on AIM as lilly peacecraft if you like to chat sometime.

OO this year they need from the panelists- Name, Mailing Address and Email Address. So could you (Sakura) and Nick email me ( lilly.peacecraft@gmail.com ) or AIM me with this information. (Nick I have your name and email from last year; just need your mailing address)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I found out I can have as many panelists I want on up on stage with me, but only 3 of them can be considered moderators.

Read Quote below from ZGL (Meredith Davey Otakon's Panels Ninja Department Head 2007 & 2008)
Quote:
Quote:
(Aresef @ Feb 8 2008, 10:45 AM) *
One question: "Previous successful Otakon panelists are considered moderators, and are entitled to compensated memberships."

So if all of the guys on a panel have worked on a panel before at Otakon (as would be the case), they all get comped out of the gate?

Sort of.

If all of the folks on a panel have presented at Otakon before, and the general feedback from members and staff was that the panel was good, then yes, they would be considered moderators. Each panel has a maximum of three moderators (comps), although you may have more people on your panel (onstage with you) as long as they are listed in your application.

That "general feedback from members and staff" - whether presented at-con, here on the BBS, or via email - is what determines whether the panel was successful or not. We want the best of the best panels here at Otakon, but we still want to give everyone else a chance. We're hoping that this new policy will allow not only past favorites to return but also will open the door for the up and coming new panelists out there.

You can read more about the news changes here--- > http://www.otakon.com/events_panels.asp

I like submit both panels in soon. I have until June 1st.
~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 am 
inactive
Oooh poop! I better get my request in for 10 Games Part 2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:44 am 
inactive
Just want to let everyone know that I send in both panel applications for the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel and Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel to Otakon today (February 14th). I also updated the panelists list on the above topic! See first post!

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 am 
inactive
Do we still have to do the "Pay by Check" option on the tickets so we're still on the list? I rushed to put the application in so I didn't bother reading any of the stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:44 pm 
inactive
Moon Jump wrote:
Do we still have to do the "Pay by Check" option on the tickets so we're still on the list? I rushed to put the application in so I didn't bother reading any of the stuff.

I'm not for sure, but I did ask when I send in the application. Also I might ask over on the forum. It should be the same, but you never know. I'll let you know once I find out!

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:37 am 
inactive
Update- 3/13/08

Just want to let everyone know that I've added Tommy (aka "Kungpow" from Genvid and "Destiny Revival") to the Guest Panelist list for the PGSM Panel.

Moon Jump wrote:

Nick I have an answer for your question, yes you should check "Pay by Check" like last year, but your more and welcome to go ahead and pay for your pre-reg if you like. Say if both panels above get approve and yours you should get a refund back or all of your money.

As for the status of the panel. I'm currently waiting for an approval from the Panel Head from Otakon. We all should know after June 1st, thats when all the submissions for the panel are due by. So as soon as I hear back I'll let you all know. Thanks! Keep your fingers cross!

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 pm 
inactive
I'm going to wait till they approve of the panels before I do the Pay by Check option. My pop's got free tickets on Southwest so I should be there cheep.

Not sure on what time though. It might be late because my friend works at a special ed school so we might have to get an afternoon flight and might not make it for the Thursday pre-reg, but hopefully we'll have enough time to get a bite to eat... I got me a hankerin' for some crab cakes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:03 am 
inactive
Moon Jump wrote:
I'm going to wait till they approve of the panels before I do the Pay by Check option. My pop's got free tickets on Southwest so I should be there cheep.

Not sure on what time though. It might be late because my friend works at a special ed school so we might have to get an afternoon flight and might not make it for the Thursday pre-reg, but hopefully we'll have enough time to get a bite to eat... I got me a hankerin' for some crab cakes!

Cool free tickets! That much be awesome! Anyways just give me a call when you arrive like last year. Thats cool with me... hopely (if) the panels are approval they wouldn't be on Friday night..... I like for a Saturday, but I don't think we can choose.

WOW we are a "Global Announcement" now! Thanks!

Also I have news-
My PGSM and Naoko Fan Panels have just been approval for Matsuricon August the 22-24th. My Hana Yori Dango Live Action and Heroes Fan Panel is pending. I'll let you all know if they are approval!

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
Hey Lilly-chan,

If we need any posters or banners printed for the con, I have access to a Plotter (it's like a BIG inkjet printer) at my work. All you gotta do is let me know what size we need it to be and I can print it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:37 pm 
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Hey Lilly-chan,

If we need any posters or banners printed for the con, I have access to a Plotter (it's like a BIG inkjet printer) at my work. All you gotta do is let me know what size we need it to be and I can print it out.

OO Wow! Thanks so much for the often! It would be nice to have some posters and banners, but right now I wouldn't know what sizes. Let me get back with you on that.

thanks so much!
~Lilly-chan

PS: BIG inkjet printers are awesome! ^.^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:54 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What brooch should I wear? I hope that the videos all work well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 103 months ago
inactive
Cool, i'm going to Otakon for the first time this year.
I'll have to def go the sailor moon panels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
Yoshimoon wrote:
What brooch should I wear? I hope that the videos all work well.

^_^ Maybe this'll be the right time for me to sweet talk my mom into lending me her laptop for the show just in case the videos mess up this year. Oh, if I wasn't blowing my money on Sailor Moon stuff *for shame!* then I should be able to get one for myself. Not the latest and greatest but just something to do me over until I can get a good laptop. :o Rest assured, I will have some kind of laptop for the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:36 am 
inactive
I don't think you need SEVEN people to do the PSGM panel. I'll sit out and let the rest of you talk about it because I didn't even like PSGM that much to talk about it. But if you need somebody to do the trivia, I'm always willing to help.

Thanks to my friend Gerard "Master of Planning" we DON'T have a table for the artist ally. :grey: I told him the day they put it up and he told me he did it and pretty much lied to me about it. So that's where I am on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 am 
inactive
Moon Jump wrote:
I don't think you need SEVEN people to do the PSGM panel. I'll sit out and let the rest of you talk about it because I didn't even like PSGM that much to talk about it. But if you need somebody to do the trivia, I'm always willing to help.

Thanks to my friend Gerard "Master of Planning" we DON'T have a table for the artist ally. :grey: I told him the day they put it up and he told me he did it and pretty much lied to me about it. So that's where I am on that.

Hi Nick,

oo k, well if you like to help out with the contest part... with hanging paper and pencils out etc. I could you use with that and hanging out prizes too. Other than that its ok. OO do you still want to help on the Naoko Panel? I have you listed as a panelist for that panel.

I'm sorry to hear about your table. Your more and welcome to hang out with me. If you have anything to sell... just bring them by the table. I'm hoping to be by Kali and my good friend Gina creator of the webcomic "Red String".

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 55 months ago
inactive
I just learned about a group of people going to Otakon that one of my friends is putting together, and one of them backed out before registration for the con. So with the combination of me getting all caught up on my money ☹ and to keep his group plans from falling apart, I'm going along with him so I'll actually make it out this year. ^_^

If you get the PGSM panel approved, I'll definitely attend it. I'll also volunteer to be a backup panelist though I don't know what use I could be. ^^;;;

I look forward to meeting a lot of you there! ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:34 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 59 months ago
inactive
I wish I can go to those cons. I'm NY and I never saw a Sailor Moon panel here for the 2 cons that were located in NYC. I guess no one wants to make one here.

I hope everyone will have fun! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 am 
inactive
Hi Everyone,

Just want to let you all know that I will be finding out sometime this week if both my panels- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon (PGSM) and Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel are approve. Once I get word I will post it here and let everyone know!

Keep your fingers across! ^.^

Thanks for the support!
~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm 
inactive
My "10 MORE Games You Should Play" panel got accepted! I'm going to check their forums and see if any of Lilly's panels got accepted too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 am 
inactive
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel has been approve for Otakon! As for the Naoko Takeuchi I'm still waiting to hear back on the panel status.. once I get word I'll let everyone know!!!!

So please feel free to pass the word!!!!
~Lilly-chan

PS: Jay just to let you know when accessing the main Genvid.com website I get a blank page with nothing there... just wanted to fill you in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Excellent news. Looking forward to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:30 am 
inactive
Update About the Naoko Takeuchi Fan Panel

I've just receive word today about this panel. We did not get an approve for this panel, so its just going to be only the "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel" this year at Otakon, for those that might have been looking forward to the Naoko panel your more welcome to come to Matsuricon 2 weeks later and come to the panel there if you want.

Thanks for the support and can't wait to see everyone in 2 months!
~Lilly-chan
PS: Sadly Will aka ddrninja will not be joining us at Otakon this year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:31 am 
inactive
Update Info for Time/Location/Day for the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Fan Panel!

Just found out that I should be getting the panel time/location/day by the end of this month! That this week-weekend! I'll keep you all posted to went I get it!

~Lilly-chan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:40 pm 
inactive
Well, I got my email and I have had it with these people. I wrote about a good five times "Please don't schedule my panel on Friday morning, my friend and I are flying in on Friday and I want to make sure we won't miss the panel.

Well I got my email...

Quote:
Your panel "10 MORE Games You Should Play!" has been scheduled for Friday, August 8, 11a-noon, in Panel 1

Not only is it on Friday morning, but it's also the same time as the Friday photo shoot for Sailor Moon..

Well, I sent them an email and I'm going to see if they can change the time, hopefully they'll switch us with somebody else, but then I hope we don't get screwed with a worse time in a bad room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 am 
inactive
Moon Jump wrote:
Well, I got my email and I have had it with these people. I wrote about a good five times "Please don't schedule my panel on Friday morning, my friend and I are flying in on Friday and I want to make sure we won't miss the panel.

Well I got my email...

Quote:
Your panel "10 MORE Games You Should Play!" has been scheduled for Friday, August 8, 11a-noon, in Panel 1

Not only is it on Friday morning, but it's also the same time as the Friday photo shoot for Sailor Moon..

Well, I sent them an email and I'm going to see if they can change the time, hopefully they'll switch us with somebody else, but then I hope we don't get screwed with a worse time in a bad room.

I'm sorry to hear about your Panel Nick! As for PGSM!!!!!!

Day- Friday
Time- 2-3pm
Location - Panel Room #1 (Rooms 337-338)

Thanks for the wait everyone! I'd tried for Saturday, but we got Friday! At least it isn't on Sunday and isn't going on during the photoshoots thats good!

~Lilly-chan