Writing an article on everything that's wrong with my school.
• OVERALL Heating, ventilation and air conditioning are all inadequate; there was no AC in 1965 and it was tacked on.
• The large awning is tearing away from the school and could collapse any day.
• Home ec room has no fans, stoves are outdated,
• Kiln is exposed in the art room, no ventilation or storage
• Library- light needs to be turned on with a circuit breaker; not handicap accessible and no room for a ramp, security risk because only one door leads to it, surrounded by glass walls
• Homemade whiteboards don’t properly erase, not enough electrical outlets, ceiling tiles need replacement but cannot be replaced because they are 45 years old and no longer designed.
• School has ½ the bathrooms it needs, and are not handicap accessible – handicapped people must go to the middle school to go to the bathroom
• Rear entrance is a ramp that is too steep for wheelchairs and has no landing
• Electrical room has 480 volts exposed
• The server is in the janitor’s closet and chemicals are exposed
• No place to store the snowplow, so it goes in the auto mechanics garage
• Boys locker room has no ventilation, needs mats on the floor instead of moldy painted concrete; showers are exposed and too small
• Chemistry has only one lab, no ventilation or storage room, the original sinks and gas that cannot be replaced because it’s too old and not produced anymore
• Chorus room has an emergency capacity of 32 but has to host a choir of 80
• Band room does not have instrument storage
• Lockers are 45 years old and broken, but pieces to repair are no longer produced.
Sounds like most of the schools from Lansing, Detroit, OR from most of MI.
HEY are you from MI?