Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Any disappointed on how slow Crystal is going?
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:18 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
I'm a little disappointed because I want to see season 4 and I got excited in seeing Usagi finally get her Eternal Sailor Moon form at the end.

Post subject: Re: Any disappointed on how slow Crystal is going?
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:36 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
And the bashing starts in 3, 2, 1...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 8:37 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
judging from how Seasons 1-3 have been I'm hoping Toei uses the extra time to really make the artwork beautiful like the 90s anime

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Nope.

Getting it all right away would have been great - and it would already be completely over. If everything had been ready to go with no breaks in-between and they'd stuck to the episode-per-act formula, the show would have only lasted 53 weeks (counting the splitting of the Infinity arc introduction into two episodes). That's 1 year.

I'm eager to see what Crystal does with the Dream and Stars arcs, but I'm not in any rush to see the fandom get quiet again because nothing new is being produced other than merchandise and re-re-re-releases of the manga. It was also a huge drag to have the first two seasons only come out twice a month, but again, we'd be much closer to the end of it all if they'd released them weekly from the beginning, even if they took long breaks between seasons.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:35 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
I'm hoping Toei uses the extra time to really make the artwork beautiful like the 90s anime

Oh, you poor naive child. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
Sailor Starlight wrote:
Ryo Urawa wrote:
I'm hoping Toei uses the extra time to really make the artwork beautiful like the 90s anime

Oh, you poor naive child. :ohdear:

Toei used to be great when it came to Animes but now they've gotten terrible and don't get me started on the new Fully CGI Berserk Anime it was ugly so that said I'm not very optimistic about S4

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
I'm cool with it. I kind of just go on day to day until New info drops, whenever that is. I'm not gonna set my hopes high and expect anything noteworthy. Heck, for all I know, they could go back to CGI henshins or a CGI Pegasus!! Hahahaha. How bout a CGI Dead Moon Circus Tent. CGI Lemures? :Lol: s1-2 had a beautiful scolor style that when drawn correctly was great.(not a lot of times) In the 90s. SuperS was the most colorful and coolest season just had a many plot.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membership
I'm not disappointed in the wait. I'm disappointed in the lack of any proper communication with the fans.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:33 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Toei will release it some day (maybe a year or two). But until then, they will keep fans on a string, throwing out merchandise while waiting.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:33 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
As long as S4's animation is fluid and pretty, I don't mind waiting.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:47 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Ryo Urawa wrote:
Toei used to be great when it came to Animes but now they've gotten terrible and don't get me started on the new Fully CGI Berserk Anime it was ugly so that said I'm not very optimistic about S4

Toei has nothing to do with the new Berserk anime so why even bring it up? Their own CGI show, Kado The Right Answer, looks better than Berserk.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:55 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Other: conservative
Why I'm a little upset we have to wait for Dream. I'm not too disappointed I can wait . Anime fandoms have to wait two years all the time ? So what's the problem of us waiting a little . Crystal is still continuing that s all that count.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
At first i was dissapointed, story was finished 20 years ago, but i recently heard there really is lots of problems with lack of animators, so that might explain such delay.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:36 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
I'm probably less disappointed about it than some other fans would be, although I would love for Toei to release S4 a little earlier like maybe later this year instead of 2018, but I'm not going to throw a fit over it. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, heck I had to endure 3-4 long years of waiting for S2 of AOT, so I can wait 2 years for Crystal S4 :)

Hopefully Toei will take the extra time to make some improvements to the quality for S4. What would really annoy me is if we wait 2 years for S4 and the quality doesn't improve...hopefully that doesn't happen *fingers crossed*

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think anyone who seriously thinks they're taking a longer time to ~improve quality~ is setting themselves up for major disappointment after what happened to Season 1.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
inactive
Well maybe it's just wishful thinking on our part...but the quality of Crystal did eventually improve when they hired Chiaki Kon to replace Sakai Munehisa as director for S3, and as far as we know Chiaki will still be the director for S4, so there's still hope yet :)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:47 pm 
Luna
Luna
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Well maybe it's just wishful thinking on our part...but the quality of Crystal did eventually improve when they hired Chiaki Kon to replace Sakai Munehisa as director for S3, and as far as we know Chiaki will still be the director for S4, so there's still hope yet :)

That's debatable. I don't like how they created continuity errors and made the designs so... bubbly and childish. I also thought Chiaki wasn't even confirmed yet? Like, there's no info on the new season. Not matter, I hope she doesn't come back and makes more pandering changes.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 pm 
inactive
Well it's subjective, but most fans agree that the quality improved when Chiaki took over the reigns from Sakai.

While I personally prefer the more elegant and beautiful artworks and graphics in seasons 1 & 2 (except for the horrible 3D transformation sequences), I think the overall quality of the pacing, storytelling and characterizations in S3 are better than the first 2 seasons.
So yeah, overall I think I'm gearing more towards the majority of fans who think S3 was an improvement from S1 & S2 (except for the artworks & graphics).

Btw I remember reading an old report about the announcement of S4 a few months ago, it mentioned that Chiaki would return as director for S4, at least that's what I read and what it was stated in that report, that's why I said "as far as we/I know". But we'll have to wait for more confirmation details from Toei.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:30 pm 
Luna
Luna
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Well it's subjective, but most fans agree that the quality improved when Chiaki took over the reigns from Sakai.

While I personally prefer the more elegant and beautiful artworks and graphics in seasons 1 & 2 (except for the horrible 3D transformation sequences), I think the overall quality of the pacing, storytelling and characterizations in S3 are better than the first 2 seasons.
So yeah, overall I think I'm gearing more towards the majority of fans who think S3 was an improvement from S1 & S2 (except for the artworks & graphics).

Btw I remember reading an old report about the announcement of S4 a few months ago, it mentioned that Chiaki would return as director for S4, at least that's what I read and what it was stated in that report, that's why I said "as far as we/I know". But we'll have to wait for more confirmation details from Toei.

I don't think so. The vocal majority of the fandom that wished for a 90s adaptation got the look they wanted and voiced that. The animation itself was less detailed, but it hasn't improved by very much - the first 2 episodes aside and maybe the penultimate and final have decent animation but its still all very close up images and limited motion like the the first two seasons. Some episodes looked especially iffy (the one that comes to mind is the one with Mistress 9's googly eyes and Chibi Moon getting her own grail). Not only that, but the stock footage/padding was awful too and extremely noticeable the marathoning the show.

I don't think I ever saw such a report but if its true I guess I'll just have to deal with it. The art style seems to be shifting so that gives me hope that it'll end up a hybrid of 1-2 and 3 because the faces seem improved. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 pm 
inactive
Well at least according to what I've seen of the reactions to S3, the vast majority of SM fans I have seen (both Japanese and International fans) seem to agree that S3 is an improvement and they have said they think it's better than the first 2 seasons.
Based on what I have observed, it definitely looks like most fans are more satisfied with S3 than they were with the first 2 seasons.

Of course there are also some fans who still prefer seasons 1 & 2 and don't think that S3 is any better, but they seem to be in the minority as far as I can tell.

But again, this is just my own observation, maybe other people have had different perspectives.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:51 pm 
Stella
Stella
I am not disappointed so long as they use this long time to produce something of quality. I would rather them wait and create something worthwhile then rush and create something pitiful.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:15 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Is this turning into another season three bash fest?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Seira Hazuki wrote:
I think anyone who seriously thinks they're taking a longer time to ~improve quality~ is setting themselves up for major disappointment after what happened to Season 1.

Hey, it happened with season 3. The animators were given a lot of time to do their thing. Kazuhiro Ota said on Twitter that he animated Saturn's awakening sequence four months before it aired.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:31 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Married to TWS91
Neon Genesis wrote:
Is this turning into another season three bash fest?

Let's not hope so. Neon Genesis. Crystal Season III had both strong points and weak points.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Nope.
I dont mind the wait, since we actually have Crystal now. :cool:
Say 10 years ago, I could only be dreaming of something like Crystal, without getting anything.

Im just happy and thankful we got Crystal, and the supacute merchanise too! :love: