Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will Season 4 have harder time because of new CCS anime?
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
The anime came out in 98 which puts CCS closer to more recent shows like Pokemon and Digimon and Sailor Moon is closer to older shows like MKR and Slayers. CCS itself was trying to cash in on the monster capturing craze with the Clow Card collecting theme.

Isn' cardcaptors are more for little girls as well ?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sailor Starlight wrote:
While I doubt CCS is more popular in Japan than SM as an overall property, it did strike me as odd that in NHK's Best 100 Anime poll where 600,000 Japanese people voted, CCS ranked #8 whereas SM ranked #60.

Could it be that the SM franchise got its reputation damaged by the trainwreck that was SMC?

Was this really necessary?

And no, the SM franchise didn't have its reputation "damaged" by Crystal, especially since the third season really redeemed itself. If it did, we wouldn't have gotten a third (and fourth!) season.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:10 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
I always thought the ccs manga has a darker side than ccs anime.Anime's fillers are suitable for little girls but that's just all.
I think both sm and ccs have their fans,so neither of the animes will have a harder time.Of course,I'm not talking about fans who don't really like remakes of such old animes

Sighing,why didn't they remake Mkr instead of ccs.It was much shorter and deeper than ccs so a sequel would be really nice.But it's slightly off topic anyway :orly:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
litacan wrote:

Sighing,why didn't they remake Mkr instead of ccs.It was much shorter and deeper than ccs so a sequel would be really nice.But it's slightly off topic anyway :orly:

Agreed. Or X.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:25 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I assume they wanted to cash in on Tsubasa now that's ended but Sakura and Syaoran are still fresh in fans' minds.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:36 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I would also love to have Tsubasa Chronicles remake by dfferent studio, CLAMP would be best, old anime had lots of filler and was unfinished.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think the discussion regarding S4 has a harder time on this thread because of the bigger interest shown on CLAMP's works. :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:03 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think the inevitable comparison will be make Crystal look even worse, if that's even possible. :P While I know that the new CCS is a sequel whereas SMC is a new adaptation of the source material, these two franchises have a lot in common, including a fanbase. People are bound to compare the two. Judging from the short CCS promo alone, I can already tell that the animation and overall visuals will be infinitely superior than that of Crystal's and knowing CLAMP the storytelling will be too.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 pm 
Stella
Stella
Other: Married To NQS!
^^I'm actually looking forward to the new CCS anime myself I'll still watch Crystal but i don't like rushed stories and Poor Miss Naoko was rushed when it came to The Dark Kingdom Arc

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Neon Genesis wrote:
I assume they wanted to cash in on Tsubasa now that's ended but Sakura and Syaoran are still fresh in fans' minds.

For reasons that are beyond my comprehension, people in Japan are obsessed with Cardcaptor Sakura (hence the NHK poll). Don't get me wrong, I love CCS, but CLAMP has produced works that are superior to CCS and much more deserving of a sequel or reboot than CCS.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 am 
Stella
Stella
The reason I think that Cardcaptor Sakura is more popular is because they are getting new material and new stories where as Crystal is merely a rehash of existing material. Not only that but Crystal has been proven to be a disappointment to many fans. While it is very popular it is simply not what many fans wanted in a new anime.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:57 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
MariaTenebre wrote:
The reason I think that Cardcaptor Sakura is more popular is because they are getting new material and new stories where as Crystal is merely a rehash of existing material. Not only that but Crystal has been proven to be a disappointment to many fans. While it is very popular it is simply not what many fans wanted in a new anime.

I really doubt that's the reason .

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:19 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Shonen Jump also recently did a poll with their readers of the top favorite Shonen Jump manga authors and the Death Note author shockingly beat Akira Toriyma for number one and Toriyama got second place. So I wonder if younger fans are just losing interest in the classics as a whole.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:51 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Neon Genesis wrote:
Shonen Jump also recently did a poll with their readers of the top favorite Shonen Jump manga authors and the Death Note author shockingly beat Akira Toriyma for number one and Toriyama got second place. So I wonder if younger fans are just losing interest in the classics as a whole.

Maybe they rate Toriyama for his current work? And in my opinion, Dragon Ball Minus and Dragon Ball Super and very bad, they retcon lots of stuff (Minus, it really didnt need to happen, Toriyama himself said that Bardock Special was great, and he could never write anything like it, yet he decided to write story about Bardock, and in proces, make Goku even more similar to Superman) characters, especially Goku, act a lot dumber, and dont even get me started about lack of consistency with power levels. Dragon Ball manga ended in 1996, it almost never end well when author decide to write sequel after 20 years, especially if after 1996, he never created such long story again.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Clow wrote:
Top 10 most beloved anime in Japan, according to NHK poll:

Total
1st TIGER & BUNNY;
2nd Cardcaptor Sakura;
3rd Osomatsu-san;
4th Mahou Shojo Madoka Magika;
5th Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouche;
6th Love Live! (season 1);
7th Neon Genesis Evangelion;
8th Joker Game;
9th Love Live! (season 2);
10th Gintama

Male votes
1st Mahou Shojo Madoka Magika;
2nd Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouche;
3rd Love Live! (season 1);
4th Neon Genesis Evangelion;
5th Love Live! (season 2);
6th Gintama;
7th Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouche R2;
8th Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka;
9th Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu;
10th Shojo Kakumei Utena

Female votes
1st TIGER & BUNNY;
2nd Cardcaptor Sakura;
3rd Osomatsu-san;
4th Joker Game;
5th Love Live! Movie;
6th Sendou Senshi Gundam;
7th Meitantei Conan ;
8th Psycho Pass;
9th Haikyu!!;
10th Shingeki no Kyojin

Sailor Moon didn't even make to the top 50 list. It appears as #60 --and we are talking about the 90's version, not Crystal.

Source: http://www.gurashii.com/best-anime-100- ... way-stage/

Well the results from that poll are really shocking to me because SM just seems so huge in Japan, especially during its heydays in the 90s and also now because of the whole anniversary for SM that's been going on over there in Japan during the last few years. Especially considering just how immensely successful the SM anniversary event is, with the popularity and the very high demand for all the SM anniversary merchandise, the success of the new musicals, the popularity of the many SM pop-up cafes, and the 100,000+ visits to the SM exhibition etc. Just the sheer amount of exposure of SM in Japan in recent years has been so huge, SM is advertised and marketed literally everywhere in Japan in recent years, and like I said, all the new SM anniversary merchandise are very popular and in high demand with many more new merch set to release in the future. So you would think that the 90s anime or Crystal would've ranked much higher in the NHK poll than it actually did, thus I'm really shocked that SM was only voted #60 overall on that poll...it just seems so ridiculous to me when you consider just how hugely successful and popular the whole SM anniversary event has been in Japan in the last few years.

Still it looks like I am wrong about SM being more popular than CCS in Japan, at least according to that NHK poll, and since I'm a mature and responsible adult, I have the decency to acknowledge when I'm wrong, so I will admit now that I am apparently wrong about this and you are apparently right Clow.

And btw thanks for posting the link to that NHK poll, the results were certainly a shock to me, but at least now I know I was apparently wrong...it's better than just assuming I'm right when I could be wrong.

Maraviollantes wrote:
I think I heard that kind of argument already... somewhere... some time ago. Don't even bother trying to argue, guys. SailorLinda1 is the only reliable statistics authority on anything and everything related to Japan, period. All the polls are complete lie if they dare to disagree. :cthulhu:

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you over this subject again either, but like I said, I'm a decent adult so I will acknowledge when I'm wrong (unlike some people), and I admit that I am seemingly wrong this time about SM being more popular than CSS in Japan. But I am still right about the other matter we argued about in the past (which I won't get into now since it's in the past).

Last edited by SailorLinda1 on Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:29 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
The results are also shocking for me.I expected Sm to be more popular than Ccs and I also expected to see Pokemon in the list too (a friend of mine made me believe that pokemon is still popular in japan) Anyways I learned something new today :keke:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:44 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Clow wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:

For reasons that are beyond my comprehension, people in Japan are obsessed with Cardcaptor Sakura (hence the NHK poll). Don't get me wrong, I love CCS, but CLAMP has produced works that are superior to CCS and much more deserving of a sequel or reboot than CCS.[/quote/]
Keep in mind tha it is Cardcaptors Sakura 20 th anniversy . Also it was 30 h aniversy of Kodansha . They had merchandise for hier mos popular shoujou manga . Which was sailor moon, cardcaptors sakura, and sailor moon.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:49 am 
inactive
Yes shocking indeed, and it's not just SM, there are also some other animes that I had expected would've ranked higher in that poll.

As for Pokémon, well its video games are still pretty huge in Japan, including "Pokémon Go" (even though the game itself is American-made), Pokémon merchandise are also quite popular sellers in Japan, although I'm not completely sure about the anime itself, but considering Pokémon products are still quite popular over there, I would've thought the anime would be too...but apparently not it seems, at least according to that NHK poll. But it does make me wonder why all the merchandise are still popular, but not so much the anime itself. I mean, you would think that if an anime is not popular, then its products wouldn't sell very well either. But apparently that's not the case with SM and Pokémon...since all their products and merchandise are still very popular and in high demand with fans and consumers, but the animes don't seem to be as popular as their merchandise? It's quite confusing to me.

But remember that it's highly unlikely that every single anime fan in Japan voted in that poll, so I'm sure there are still some other Japanese anime fans who did not vote in that NHK poll...that's the thing with polls and surveys, they only cover a certain percentage or amount of people from a certain group. It's not like the Census system in each country which requires every single citizen living in a country to participate and it's mandatory. Polls and surveys are not mandatory and not everyone participates.

Last edited by SailorLinda1 on Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:53 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
No, two different shows, two different fandoms. It is possible to like one show without disliking another for the sole reason that they both are anime. If Season 4 suffers, it will be by its own merits, not because of another anime.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It helps that in CCS' case the incredibly successful Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle kept its main characters in public consciousness meanwhile Sailor Moon was pretty much dead for almost a decade prior to the 20th Anniversary.

And people keep bringing up the merch, when CCS has a ton of anniversary merch being released as well (in addition to the Clear Card Arc selling millions of copies of the manga)... Like CCS might not be as world famous as Sailor Moon, but it shouldn't be a surprise that it's so beloved in Japan. (And will be interesting to see how sales of the Clear Card arc anime does compared to Crystal.)

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
SailorLinda1 wrote:

But remember that it's highly unlikely that every single anime fan in Japan voted in that poll, so I'm sure there are still some other Japanese anime fans who did not vote in that NHK poll...that's the thing with polls and surveys, they only cover a certain percentage or amount of people from a certain group.

600,000 anime fans voted in that poll.

SailorLinda1 wrote:
It's not like the Census system in each country which requires every single citizen living in a country to participate and it's mandatory. Polls and surveys are not mandatory and not everyone participates.

"Okay, so let's kindly review the facts, ma'am... you're married, your husband is employed, you have two kids, and both go to school... oh, you forgot to tell us your favorite anime... is it 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon'?" Is that what you are proposing?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 pm 
inactive
Clow wrote:

Anime is a huge industry in Japan, you would think there would be millions of anime fans all around Japan, not just 600,000.

Quote:
"Okay, so let's kindly review the facts, ma'am... you're married, your husband is employed, you have two kids, and both go to school... oh, you forgot to tell us your favorite anime... is it 'Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon'?" Is that what you are proposing?

No all I'm saying is that if only every single anime fan all around Japan had voted in the NHK poll then we would've gotten a more conclusive result. But 600,000 people is still a significant number of people though, enough to make the results of the NHK poll reliable & credible (unlike that certain measly poll in this forum), and I did acknowledge that I am wrong about SM being more popular than CCS in Japan and you are right (at least according to that NHK poll).

Last edited by SailorLinda1 on Thu May 11, 2017 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:27 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
SailorLinda1 wrote:
Clow wrote:
Top 10 most beloved anime in Japan, according to NHK poll:

5th Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouche;

Clow wrote:

I'm estimating 400,000 trolls. :cthulhu:

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:54 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I'm more shocked that Utena made it onto the list. That's my favorite anime series outside of SM.

Still, I don't see why the new Sakura existing would screw with Sailor Moon. I'm personally more worried that modern!Clamp will screw up the story with Tsubasa-like metaverse garbage stuff.

Sakura ended perfectly and it's anime has aged like fine wine. Why don't we get a remake of Rayearth or something? It's my favorite Clamp series and it's anime has aged like milk. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:31 pm 
Luna
Luna
Seen2 wrote:
I'm more shocked that Utena made it onto the list. That's my favorite anime series outside of SM.

Still, I don't see why the new Sakura existing would screw with Sailor Moon. I'm personally more worried that modern!Clamp will screw up the story with Tsubasa-like metaverse garbage stuff.

Sakura ended perfectly and it's anime has aged like fine wine. Why don't we get a remake of Rayearth or something? It's my favorite Clamp series and it's anime has aged like milk. :P

I mean...I'm very excited for the new Sakura anime but you're absolutely correct, it ended perfectly and the show has aged very well.

To be fair, though, Rayearth got a remake in the OVAs -- and the new CCS isn't a remake but rather a sequel.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:34 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Seen2 wrote:
I'm personally more worried that modern!Clamp will screw up the story with Tsubasa-like metaverse garbage stuff.

This right here and as already mentioned, CLAMP had been putting most of their manga on hiatus in recent years with no return in sight so hopes are low that they won't do the same with this one.

Quote:
Why don't we get a remake of Rayearth or something? It's my favorite Clamp series and it's anime has aged like milk. :P

What would be the point? I'm aware of season 2's changes but from what I read of the first manga, the anime's first season was very faithful to it and I fear a remake might turn it into a situation similar to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's early episodes & the Berserk Golden Age movies where it will be very condensed to the point where it won't be as good as when it was covered the first time.

Also there was a remake of sorts with that OVA but we don't talk about that. : P

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:49 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Show us the Rayearth girls how they are now --in their 30s. I would love to see that.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I dont want to question that list but it is odd in my opinion

Dragon Ball didnt make it AT ALL which is super weird to me given how big DB is. One Piece is way below even Sailor Moon despite being huge for the past 20 years and constantly has good ratings in Japan. For some odd reason Pokemon Giratina movie is higher than the Pokemon anime and is the only Pokemon movie on the list. I like this movie but i would never say its the best Pokemon movie or even that popular. Have i missed something?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 am 
Stella
Stella
Other: Married To NQS!
litacan wrote:
The results are also shocking for me.I expected Sm to be more popular than Ccs and I also expected to see Pokemon in the list too (a friend of mine made me believe that pokemon is still popular in japan) Anyways I learned something new today :keke:

pretty shocking to me as well I expected Kinnikuman to be higher up on the list along with Sailor Moon consider how well received both are around the globe and especially in Japan (every February 29th in Japan is Kinnikuman Day)

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Clow wrote:

"Over 90 million fans worldwide can't be wrong!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next