Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Should the Shitennou come back?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:55 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
And take the inner senshi to be their girlfriends?

Post subject: Re: Should the Shitennou come back?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I am a big Senshi/Shitennou fan so I really hope so.
IF it will happen, it should happen in the Cauldron, when everybody else is revived. Or they could be showed by the Senshi's side at Mamoru and Usagi's wedding, in the last scene of the manga. To me, it would be a natural closing of a circle, without affecting the plot of Dream and Stars.
I dream of it but I think it won't happen ^_^'
I am happy Crystal added the Senshi/Shitennou thing (it could have been done in a better way, though) and I image the Shitennou coming back after Stars, no matter if it will be showed or not. :love:
Actually, I am eagerly waiting for Dream: the new character design (I think they are having a change of staff), Helios, the Golden Crystal, the Senshi as Princesses. Who knows, due the focus of Dream on the Senshi, I still hope for some hints of the Senshi's past love stories along the acts focused on each Senshi (a way to give each story a unique touch): of course, it won't happen 'cause the past staffs working on Crystal had some issue with continuity (and poor writing), so the Senshi/Shitennou romance felt something thrown in the middle but not used in its potential.

(they are not even able to keep the continuity with Neo Queen Serenity's hair and Princess Serenity's dress :P )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
They're a lifetime too late: the girls aren't the same as they were in the past. That, and Infinity 2 hints that the relationship between Minako and Rei is happening in Crystal too (you need to have read Casablanca Memories to notice).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:33 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As much as I'm cool on Senshi/Shitennou, I feel that with Crystal, it would be too crowded of a cast for a good story, especially with so few episodes. I feel like they'd just be pushed into the background or really only show up for battles like with Tuxedo Mask later in the original anime. If there were more episodes in each arc, maybe, but it would still be a very crowded cast.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:29 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Let's see. I'm a bit neutral to the Inner Guardians & Four Heavenly Kings pairing, however, I just don't see together as romantic couples in the current life. If the Four Kings were to fall in love with Inner Guardians in the present, then it would be a copy-and-paste of Usagi and Mamoru's relationship. The past and present are two different entities entirely, so there's no way it could happen since the Generals/Kings are dead. Mina, Rei, Ami, and Makoto are not the same beings as Sailors Venus, Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter altogether, though, they are reincarnated and do have the memories of the past.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
lord Martiya wrote:
They're a lifetime too late: the girls aren't the same as they were in the past. That, and Infinity 2 hints that the relationship between Minako and Rei is happening in Crystal too (you need to have read Casablanca Memories.

If your talking about where Minako gave casablanca flowers for her birthday . That was in the manga, or the part where Minak ask where was Rei ? In the manga ironically it was Mako who asked where she was ? And Minako was she one who knew where she was ?(I personally believe if there really going to try that pairing that would kept the scene the same)

Personaly I would have no problum the shitenou being in the end . They all can just be at Mamoru, and usagi wedding. Just stand beside the senshi all like one big happy family. =^_^= (I know the probability of that happening is slim to none)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:08 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
No. For starters, the Shitennou subplot was one of the biggest mistakes of Crystal's entire production. I have a feeling that the writer and director for S1&2 realized this having dropped any reference of them in the Black Moon arc (there were plenty of opportunities). They had plenty of opportunity to weave them in when the story was at its less dense, but they ignored it.

It would be even worse to attempt this for the next two arcs for different reasons. Dream arc is the most acclaimed part of the manga, any changes to the story is a terrible idea. Stars arc needs to address so many things before it even begins to deal with the subject of the Shitennou...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:28 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Seira Hazuki wrote:
No. For starters, the Shitennou subplot was one of the biggest mistakes of Crystal's entire production. I have a feeling that the writer and director for S1&2 realized this having dropped any reference of them in the Black Moon arc (there were plenty of opportunities). They had plenty of opportunity to weave them in when the story was at its less dense, but they ignored it.

It would be even worse to attempt this for the next two arcs for different reasons. Dream arc is the most acclaimed part of the manga, any changes to the story is a terrible idea. Stars arc needs to address so many things before it even begins to deal with the subject of the Shitennou...

Very well said, Seira Hazuki! I agree with you completely.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Persnaly I don'tt think the Crystal staff thought the shitenou thing was mistake . I think the season's scripts were done a long time ago .So any references to it was never plan in begin with. ( Than again we probably won't know for certains unless we see the originals script)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
imaginationgirl wrote:
Persnaly I don'tt think the Crystal staff thought the shitenou thing was mistake . I think the season's scripts were done a long time ago .So any references to it was never plan in begin with. ( Than again we probably won't know for certains unless we see the originals script)

I absolutely agree with you.
I don't think the writers regretted their choice to change DK: the changes were so important and I think they carefully thought of it and CHOSE it (I also think that Naoko Takeuchi was somehow involved in this change, giving her "OK").
The point is that, adapting the manga act after act the way they did left no place to any further development: so, the Sen/Shi thing was a bit "compressed", but overall the writers made a good job (they couldn't do much more with a 1:1 adaptation).
With BM and Infinity, of course, the writers focused on the plot, following the manga. It will happen also with Dream and Stars! To me, forgetting a major plot point of DK is a matter of laziness and poor writing: when it will come to Mars' dream in Dream, adapting it exactly as the manga wouldn't work 100% with the canon Mars/Jadeite THEY CREATED (it needs a slight change to keep the continuity along the arcs; I don't mean a PLOT continuity but a CHARACTER continuity: what Crystal lacked is the continuity about the Senshi's characters, to me, because of the changes made in DK and then forgotten).
It isn't a matter of "regretting" the changes but a matter of laziness and sometimes lacking in characters' deepness and continuity.
About the chance for the Senshi to fall in love with the Shitennou in the new timelife, well, it's the same of Mamoru and Usagi: kindred souls separated by a tragic destiny in their past life but reborn to meet again. :love: If the Shitennou were still alive, I don't find strange to have them falling in love with the Senshi all over again (like Usagi and Mamoru). I am pretty sure about it.
A little cameo of the Shitennou at Mamoru and Usagi's wedding would be fine, to me: perfect closing of a circle.
Ok. That's all. I won't talk any more about this topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:42 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Again, they had plenty of easy and simple opportunities to present the Sen x Shi romance after the Dark Kingdom arc, but they chose not to. It doesn't matter how compressed the manga is, the Dark Kingdom arc had no room for the romance either, yet they chose to change so many details in an attempt to make it work.

As incompetent as Crystal's staff is, it's ridiculous to think they actually forgot to add in the Shitennou in later arcs. They either a) regret they made the choice of writing in a romance b) they felt that the romance was wrapped up in the Dark Kingdom arc and that there's nothing left to be said c) the subplot wasn't received well and someone in Toei intervened (I wouldn't surprised considering how Japanese fans were pissed when the original anime paired Ami up with Ryo). Considering the key staff has changed, it's just unrealistic to see any more shipping. And thank god for that!

Anyway, I personally just ignore what transpired in Season 1 of Crystal, and just treat S2&3 as if they were following the first arc of Naoko's original manga.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:46 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It would also be so bizarre to see a show with so many pairings crammed into one series.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:46 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Again, they had plenty of easy and simple opportunities to present the Sen x Shi romance after the Dark Kingdom arc, but they chose not to. It doesn't matter how compressed the manga is, the Dark Kingdom arc had no room for the romance either, yet they chose to change so many details in an attempt to make it work.

As incompetent as Crystal's staff is, it's ridiculous to think they actually forgot to add in the Shitennou in later arcs. They either a) regret they made the choice of writing in a romance b) they felt that the romance was wrapped up in the Dark Kingdom arc and that there's nothing left to be said c) the subplot wasn't received well and someone in Toei intervened (I wouldn't surprised considering how Japanese fans were pissed when the original anime paired Ami up with Ryo). Considering the key staff has changed, it's just unrealistic to see any more shipping. And thank god for that!

Who said they forgot ? It was probably never meant to be an ongoing thing . There no proof that toei intervene , that's nothing but speculation. The thing is while the Dark kingdom arc was airing . There probably were already making the black moon arc.Episodes take 2 to 3 months to finish. It wasn't' like hey look they were going to do some references . But they decided to cut it out in last minute. Because of episode 12 .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:35 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Stars arc needs to address so many things before it even begins to deal with the subject of the Shitennou...

:clap:

This is a good point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:23 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
magic713 wrote:
As much as I'm cool on Senshi/Shitennou, I feel that with Crystal, it would be too crowded of a cast for a good story, especially with so few episodes. I feel like they'd just be pushed into the background or really only show up for battles like with Tuxedo Mask later in the original anime. If there were more episodes in each arc, maybe, but it would still be a very crowded cast.

I don't think it would be too many characters. Lots of shows have a large cast and I think the Shitennou returning and becoming Tuxedo Mask's team would be really cool. As for the Senshi/Shitennou relationships I am not really a fan. Besides I ship Makoto and Asanuma anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
If you ask me if they're just going to be around for the sake of shipping them with inners for a symmetrical romance then the answer is always no :|

I'd be fine if they had a more important purpose like helping chiba when he needs support in a similar fashion that the inners do for Usagi, they would take on more of a spiritual form rather than physical because of what happened to them during dark kingdom.

Bottom line: Sen X Shi = do not want

Support for endy boy without having the shipping and allowing the inners to find new lovers and not live completely bound to the past outside of protecting the princess = want

And I hope to Serenity they leave Dream arc as is from the manga it doesn't need any changes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:10 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
MariaTenebre wrote:
magic713 wrote:

I don't think it would be too many characters. Lots of shows have a large cast

I'm talking about more along the lines of developing characters and relationships in so few episodes. Yes, shows can have large casts, but I'm talking pairing, and I haven't seen shows with so many pairings at once. It would become either too formula, or fans will say one pairing or character(s) didn't get the attention they thought they deserved.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:49 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Depends. I wouldn't mind them coming back to do more with Mamoru (maybe they could worry over his condition in the Dream arc?), but I'd rather them not return for more romance.

imaginationgirl wrote:

If they never planned to do more with them to begin with, it makes you wonder why they bothered attempting a romantic subplot with them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:35 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Prince Rose wrote:
If you ask me if they're just going to be around for the sake of shipping them with inners for a symmetrical romance then the answer is always no:| I'd be fine if they had a more important purpose like helping chiba when he needs support in a similar fashion that the inners do for Usagi, they would take on more of a spiritual form rather than physical because of what happened to them during dark kingdom.

Support for endy boy without having the shipping and allowing the inners to find new lovers and not live completely bound to the past outside of protecting the princess = want

Well said!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:14 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Prince Rose wrote:
If you ask me if they're just going to be around for the sake of shipping them with inners for a symmetrical romance then the answer is always no :|

I'd be fine if they had a more important purpose like helping chiba when he needs support in a similar fashion that the inners do for Usagi, they would take on more of a spiritual form rather than physical because of what happened to them during dark kingdom.

And I hope to Serenity they leave Dream arc as is from the manga it doesn't need any changes

I agree Rose personally I am not a Sen/Shi fan. I think that there are other pairings for both Senshi and Shitennou that are cooler like Makoto/Asanuma, Zoisite/Kunzite etc.

That being said I would love for the Shitennou to be brought back as Tuxedo Mask's team. I just do not support Senshi/Shitennou.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:27 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
I just do not support Senshi/Shitennou.

Me neither.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:41 pm 
Nebula
Nebula
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
I don't like Shitennou x Senshi relationships,so hope they shouldn't come back.Or they come,but not take senshis to be their girlfriends

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 pm 
Stella
Stella
Seira Hazuki wrote:

Anyway, I personally just ignore what transpired in Season 1 of Crystal, and just treat S2&3 as if they were following the first arc of Naoko's original manga.

Why were the Japanese fans pissed when Ami was paired up with Ryo I thought that was a pretty popular Sailor Moon pairing. They were even referenced to be together in Sailor Moon Another Story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:42 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Personally I want the Shitennou back, I love them and miss them in the later arcs/seasons, but I don't necessarily want them to come back just so they could re-establish their past romances with the Inner Senshis, even though I must confess I do like the idea of seeing Ami & Zoisite together as a couple :D BUT I don't want the Shitennou back just so they could become the love interests of the Inner Senshis, they were Prince Endymion's guards and soldiers in their past lives, so I would like them to return and fight alongside Tuxedo Mask/Endymion/Mamoru again and the Sailor Senshis, I don't want them to return just as love interests necessarily. I think it would be nice to have the Shitennous revived and assist Tuxedo Mask and the Senshis in their fight against evil. Or maybe just have their spirits appear occasionally and show Mamoru consulting the Shitennou's spirits more often. Mamoru doesn't even talk to the Shitennous anymore in Crystal, I think the last time we saw him interacting with their spirit forms was during the Black Moon arc. I don't remember him ever interacting with them again in season 3, which is disappointing.

I want the Shitennou back, I miss them a lot! :sadeyes:

Last edited by SailorLinda1 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:39 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Its pretty much impossible to have Shittennou around and battle alongside Endymion and Senshi with the way Crystal adaptation is going (basically almost page by page faithful)

The best solution i see is to summon them during the near-coronation moment in Dream and - just like the Quartet promises to be at Chibiusa's side one day - the generals could also say something along the lines of "Prince, one day we will also return to be by your side" before they leave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
While I don't necessarily want the Shitennou to be revived so they could physically fight alongside Tuxedo Mask and the Sailor Senshis (although I would love for that to happen), but just being able to see them again in any shape or form would suffice for me, for example like I said they could show Mamoru interacting with the Shitennou's spirits more often, such as when he needs help he could consult their spirits for their assistance like he has done before during the Black Moon arc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Absolutely yes, but maybe when stars arc or usagi's wedding, because if they still alive what are they gonna do next? And i ship shitenou-senshi love relationship because they are senshi's real soulmate. When usagi has love life with mamo chan who reincarnating from the past life why the senshi couldn't? Oh, Come on...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:00 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
blu notte wrote:
I am a big Senshi/Shitennou fan so I really hope so.
IF it will happen, it should happen in the Cauldron, when everybody else is revived. Or they could be showed by the Senshi's side at Mamoru and Usagi's wedding, in the last scene of the manga. To me, it would be a natural closing of a circle, without affecting the plot of Dream and Stars.
I dream of it but I think it won't happen ^_^'
I am happy Crystal added the Senshi/Shitennou thing (it could have been done in a better way, though) and I image the Shitennou coming back after Stars, no matter if it will be showed or not. :love:
Actually, I am eagerly waiting for Dream: the new character design (I think they are having a change of staff), Helios, the Golden Crystal, the Senshi as Princesses. Who knows, due the focus of Dream on the Senshi, I still hope for some hints of the Senshi's past love stories along the acts focused on each Senshi (a way to give each story a unique touch): of course, it won't happen 'cause the past staffs working on Crystal had some issue with continuity (and poor writing), so the Senshi/Shitennou romance felt something thrown in the middle but not used in its potential.

(they are not even able to keep the continuity with Neo Queen Serenity's hair and Princess Serenity's dress :P )

I am a hardcore shipper senshi shitenou too, and like your idea :love:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:41 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
No.

Just look what happened to PGSM. They look like a bunch of ghost stalkers. :grey:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:59 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Nope. I'm very uninterested in the idea of the Shitennou being with the Inners, in fact I'm not keen on any of the inners being in relationships.