* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Crystal in Italy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:11 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Crystal premiered in Italy today on Rai Gulp. They're using a different cast from the original dub, and are sticking to the original names. Sailor Moon's speech is the same from the original, and they even dubbed Moon Pride.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal in Italy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:32 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
and they even dubbed Moon Pride.

Cool, :cool: & the song sounds good in Italian, even tho I don't speak the language.

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:31 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Umino wrote:
Crystal premiered in Italy today on Rai Gulp. They're using a different cast from the original dub,

Considering most of the old cast has since retired, and those who haven't work usually work for Milan-based dubbing studios and for animation Rai favors Rome-based ones, it's perfectly normal.
Umino wrote:
and are sticking to the original names. Sailor Moon's speech is the same from the original, and they even dubbed Moon Pride.

Again, both using the original names and dubbing Moon Pride rather than having a new opening is normal for series aired by Rai.
Then again, the speech from the old dub is a classic...

And I'm going to watch it soon. Not sure how I missed it...
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Umino wrote:
and they even dubbed Moon Pride.

Cool, :cool: & the song sounds good in Italian, even tho I don't speak the language.

It's good. Still, I'm a bit partial to Mediaset approach, that give them new openings (and made one per season for the old anime: first, R, S, Super S, and Stars). Then again, considering the horror Mediaset did with Lupin last year, it could have been for the better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:20 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here s the Sailor Moon Crystal intro in italian ^_^ :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowWTK7JWUg

I speak italian..and the music is really good!! =^_^=
almost as faithful like the japanese one!! :keke:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
The transmission finally concluded, and Rai Gulp announced on their FB page that they are repeating all the 26 episodes of SMC series one before premiering the third arc. Before the series even premiered on Italy, the dubbing team was already working on the Infinity arc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Cool...lucky Italy!! =^_^=

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:57 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Personally, I hope the Infinity season won't have the obnoxious translation of everything (including the attack names) and they'll have dialogues without using always the adjectives for everything (maybe they do it in Japanese, I don't know, but in Italian once you've said the Phantom Silver Crystal once you usually stick only to the actual name, in this case Silver Crystal).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:57 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
lord Martiya wrote:
Personally, I hope the Infinity season won't have the obnoxious translation of everything (including the attack names) and they'll have dialogues without using always the adjectives for everything (maybe they do it in Japanese, I don't know, but in Italian once you've said the Phantom Silver Crystal once you usually stick only to the actual name, in this case Silver Crystal).

Agree with you about the Silver Crystal, I feel that applies to a lot of languages.
But I think Naoko's engrish really doesn't need to make a presence on foreign Sailor Moon versions, and SailorMoonWorld already revealed the dub is also translating the attacks for this season. They are using for "Mercury Aqua Mirage" the same translation featured on the italian dub of "Ami's First Love".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:19 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
They are already dubbing Season 3?? :O

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:39 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Any reason why they didn't dub the ending song?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:07 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Umino wrote:
Any reason why they didn't dub the ending song?

I was wondering the same, maybe they don't air the ending but it will be in the DVD.

Also I want to know if next season is going to have 3 different singers for the opening? Maybe same singer with the 3 different arrengements? Or just 1 opening for the whole season.
Also 3 dubbed endings too?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening. About the ending I don't know, it was shown so it is weird that they did not dub it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening. About the ending I don't know, it was shown so it is weird that they did not dub it.

Rai usually dubs the openings, so I think they'll do it anyway. What I hope is that they do Eternal Eternity...

Then again, we already have an Italian cover.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:31 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Sounds pretty good in Italian. :cool:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:12 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
And it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:13 am 
Stella
Stella
I really love the Italian version of Eternal Eternity it is very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:35 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
I wonder if Rai Gulp will change Crystal's time slots for Season 3. Nothing was censored but there is that scene at the end of act 28...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I liked "Orgoglio Lunare"(the Italian name of "Moon Pride) but many, many people hated it so I don't think there will be an Italian version of the new opening.

Believe me, the people who make these localization decisions usually don't care about die-hard fans opinions. They approved the dubbed song, and are likely going to approve another for season 3.
Rai insisted on the translated attack names even though there were a lot of complaints from fans aware of the choice, before the series premiered.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:25 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
I wonder if Rai Gulp will change Crystal's time slots for Season 3. Nothing was censored but there is that scene at the end of act 28...

I think they should move to another channel for this season... The portuguese didn't, and look at what happened. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:52 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
It could move to Rai4 but I don't think that the ratings would be successful as they were on Rai Gulp... Also Rai 4 is not interested in anime anymore after the flop of Fairy Tail

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:30 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
It is confirmed that there will be a new italian opening for Season 3. Probably It will be a dubbed version of "Fall in love with the New Moon" and according to some rumors the third season should air in late match/early april

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
cool!! :keke:
lucky Italy!! =^_^=

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Exciting! Why don't they dub the ending songs?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Umino wrote:
Probably Toei did non give Rai the permission to dub them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:14 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Umino wrote:

It's being broadcast by RAI, and RAI doesn't do dubbed ending songs unless it's for their own productions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:43 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Poor Italy having to deal with Mamo's ED. :evillaugh:

Are they dubbing New Moon 3 times or is it the same version for all 13 episodes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
NJ_ wrote:
Poor Italy having to deal with Mamo's ED. :evillaugh:

Are they dubbing New Moon 3 times or is it the same version for all 13 episodes?
Probably the same version for all the 13 episodes.... Mamoru's ending is still better than Chibiusa's One anyway!
lord Martiya wrote:
SignorinaTsukino wrote:
Umino wrote:

It's being broadcast by RAI, and RAI doesn't do dubbed ending songs unless it's for their own productions.
They did it for Fairy Tail and Fresh Pretty Cure though

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
How faithful has the Crystal dub been? Can we expect Uranus and Neptune's relationship to be completely uncensored? (Though the original series didn't tone it down too much)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:13 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Umino wrote:
How faithful has the Crystal dub been? Can we expect Uranus and Neptune's relationship to be completely uncensored? (Though the original series didn't tone it down too much)
It Was faithful and it Was uncensored(the french tv version Was heavily censored) so Uranus and Neptune's relationship should remain such. However About Uranus and Moon's kiss... I don't know, for me it should air in the sane time slot of RomeoxJuliet, Toradora and Madoka Magica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Other: Call me Neko-chan
On the first two runs the series mantained a strict slot (18:30) but then got replaced by World of Winx :sick: and moved to 17:50 .Anyway the series it's on its 3th run and they show the episodes everyday ! :dance: