* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Can't Wait For Crystal's Stars Arc
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:05 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
I kinda can't wait either but so much potential will be wasted. It could easily go on with details about Sailor Chuu, Chronis, Cocoon and even Sailor Mermaid...Going the manga route, this film will be kinda a hash. Still excited to see a proper adaptation I suppose...I just wish more was given.

Post subject: Re: Can't Wait For Crystal's Stars Arc
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I kinda can't wait either but so much potential will be wasted. It could easily go on with details about Sailor Chuu, Chronis, Cocoon and even Sailor Mermaid...Going the manga route, this film will be kinda a hash. Still excited to see a proper adaptation I suppose...I just wish more was given.

I would love it if they showed what the Senshi of the Animamates planets looked like. Plus I would love to see Sailor Chaos in full color. I hope she has the same color scheme as Chaos Galaxia from the 90s anime. The whole black outfit, pale skin, yellow eyes and red hair just scream evil. Though personally I did think to myself that the white half of Sailor Tin Nyanko in the 90s anime was Sailor Mau.

MementoNepenthe wrote:
Seira Hazuki wrote:
Naoko changed her mind quite a few times with that call. In the first print of "Stars 1" in Nakayoshi, the phrase was "Moon Eternal Power, Make Up!". The next chapter it became "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" and "Power" was dropped. It stayed "Moon Eternal, Make Up" for the entire duration of its Nakayoshi run (hence why the anime went with "Moon Eternal, Make Up").

I just chalk up to Naoko being the Queen of Inconsistency :lol: - Crystal should pick one of the phrases and stick to it because there's honestly no visible change between how Usagi transforms in Stars 1 and Stars 2... So there shouldn't be a need for two transformation phrases.

Interesting; never knew that before. Even the way "Make Up" is written in katakana is different between those two pages. The page from Stars 1 has "メイクアップ" whereas the page from Stars 2 has "メイク·アッップ" (which I'm assuming is a typo) :P Wonder why Naoko dropped the "Power" and then, for the tankubon and subsequent releases, changed the transformation phrase post Stars 2? Just what goes on in her brain? :lol:

ETA: Just checked my copy of the [Kodansha USA translated] manga and she uses "Moon Eternal, Make Up!" in Stars 1, then switches to "Silver Moon Crystal Power, Make Up!" in Stars 2. So, assuming that's not different from the original release, that means Naoko changed "Moon Eternal Power..." to "Moon Eternal..." in Stars 1 and then decided to COMPLETELY change the transformation call for the rest of the manga? That's....so bizarre :lol:

Anyway, I'm also bothered that the Inners (and Outers? Flipping through the manga, I don't see any panels of them transforming) don't get new transformation calls, despite obviously getting new (and, furthermore, unnamed) forms. I doubt Crystal will invent new transformation calls or items for them, but hopefully the actual transformations can at least look cool and perhaps they'll actually have the Inners and Outers be addressed as "Eternal Sailor Mercury," etc. It would also be nice if they could ALL get new attacks, not just Uranus and Neptune.

Yeah I agree I would love it if all of the Inners and Outers got new attacks in Stars as opposed to just Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune.

Also yeah it is weird that the transformation phrase changes in the manga but Naoko Takeuchi is known for being inconsistent. Hell she even switched Phobos and Deimos's names in the manga.