* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Unexplained magical abilities
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:22 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Do you think the series needs filler episodes or at least a scene to explain flying, teleportation, magical barriers and :setsuna:'s Dead Scream?

Post subject: Re: Unexplained magical abilities
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
How would they explain it? LOL it's just part of their power set, like Venus's ability to make that sword appear out of thin air, or Mercury's ability to create alternate dimensions P-:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:34 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Kuiper Belt
Being that it is kinda a science fantasy and they are magical heroes originally from space, kinda not, but I also understand where you are coming from. I'd like to see original stories of Pluto or at least a side story where we get to see her fight off a threat trying to alter time by herself.

I'd like to also see a Neptune Origins side story and the Birth of Saturn Side Story.

What I really wanted from the Stars Arc was to expand on the Sailor Wars with actual confrontations and battles.

I'm greedy and spoiled so I'd like to see the original outside Senshi before they were killed by the Sailor Animates. I think this is interesting dark side of Sailor Moon and I loved the fact that while I'll trusty Sailor Moon is saving Earth, some Senshi somewhere else in the galaxy is not so lucky....If you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:39 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
How would they explain it? LOL it's just part of their power set, like Venus's ability to make that sword appear out of thin air, or Mercury's ability to create alternate dimensions P-:

Much like fantasy anime explaining how things work within inside a world like Log Horizon. ^_^

Like most of the first episodes of :luna: teaching :usagi:. =^_^=

Perhaps a scene where :mako: teaches flying to one of the inners to try it just like how Peter Pan and Tinkerbell did to Wendy and her brothers. :innocent:

Or maybe another scene where :artemis: trains them inside the arcade kind of like the Xmen's danger room.

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
Being that it is kinda a science fantasy and they are magical heroes originally from space, kinda not, but I also understand where you are coming from. I'd like to see original stories of Pluto or at least a side story where we get to see her fight off a threat trying to alter time by herself.

And also an explanation of what keeps her sane doing nothing for all eternity.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I feel like that's a slippery slope though because if they need training to fly, create barriers, etc. (all of which are shown to be innate abilities that Sailor Guardians have), then wouldn't they need training every time they get a new attack or upgrade?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Lingering Spirit
I don't think it's really necessary to explain , and could open up a can of worms by trying to .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Lots of people tend to be settled with the fact that it's magic, and doesn't need explaining.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I'm greedy and spoiled so I'd like to see the original outside Senshi before they were killed by the Sailor Animates. I think this is interesting dark side of Sailor Moon and I loved the fact that while I'll trusty Sailor Moon is saving Earth, some Senshi somewhere else in the galaxy is not so lucky....If you know what I mean.

Like maybe the original owner of the Taioran Crystal?

That would make good fanfic Star Angel Haruki. :keke:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 3 months ago
inactive
Simple, with magic of course! :D

Let's not forget that SM is a story about magical girls afterall :-P do we really need any explanation when it comes to magic? It's not suppose to be scientific, or realistic or logical, basically in the world of fiction about magic anything is possible so we're suppose to just go with the flow :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:23 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
Do you think the series needs filler episodes or at least a scene to explain flying, teleportation, magical barriers and :setsuna:'s Dead Scream?

Not at all. But if you need an explanation...
  • Flying: they're using their magic power as a sort of rocket to levitate (stole the explanation from Dragon Ball Z).
  • Teleportation: most simply move through a different dimension. Sailor Venus, however, uses Shukushi, and can cover immense distances with one step.
  • Barriers: they put magic in the form of a wall.
  • Dead Scream: Sailor Pluto scares someone, murders their scream of fear, and stores it until she can use it as a weapon. :tongue:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
What of Pluto Dead Scream is energy brought about by the death of fallen Senshi throughout the galaxy. I know it's more of a reference to the mythology tied to her planet...But what if her power is like, from the souls of dead sailor Senshi throughout time and space?

I've always wondered why Mercury never put her cloning abilities to better use. I know in my own series, my cast make every bit of use of their magical abilities. Hahhaha!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:00 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
What of Pluto Dead Scream is energy brought about by the death of fallen Senshi throughout the galaxy. I know it's more of a reference to the mythology tied to her planet...But what if her power is like, from the souls of dead sailor Senshi throughout time and space?

S2 director messed it up. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5uJzKyPrTo

90's did a bad job too. It's just a recolor of :haruka:'s World Shaking.

Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I've always wondered why Mercury never put her cloning abilities to better use. I know in my own series, my cast make every bit of use of their magical abilities. Hahhaha!

Yes. I'd like to see more of that. It was quite a surprise that little scene was changed from the manga. :oh:

Would have been fun if :ami: used it on Viluy. Sadly it would not work on her too. :ohdear:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:20 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
rgveda99 wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

S2 director messed it up. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5uJzKyPrTo

That vid is blocked in my country but is it the one where she bomb rushes Usagi and the others? I wonder if the director new nothing about SM or was he just trying to amp up the attacks and what not.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:45 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
That vid is blocked in my country but is it the one where she bomb rushes Usagi and the others? I wonder if the director new nothing about SM or was he just trying to amp up the attacks and what not.

Yes. That's the one.

Amping it up most likely. I think the battle scenes are the ones he/she's allowed to have artistic liberties.

S3 made it ambiguous. Making it just like a comic book panel. But the next scene shows :chibiusa: moving her head head to another direction to where she sees :setsuna:. Making your theory that its somehow a time/space base attack as well.

This is an unnamed ability but I believe its S3 director's version of S2 Dead Scream.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:52 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
That's what I think. A real time Dead Scream...When I saw it I thought it was either that or the start up of Chronos Typhoon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 am 
Stella
Stella
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

I'd like to also see a Neptune Origins side story and the Birth of Saturn Side Story.

What I really wanted from the Stars Arc was to expand on the Sailor Wars with actual confrontations and battles.

I would love to see a Sailor Neptune origin story. However what need would there be for a birth of Saturn story. We all ready saw Sailor Saturn's origin in Sailor Moon S. Sailor Neptune is pretty much the only Senshi we have yet to see how they awakened in any canon. All though one of her image tracks seemed to imply that she awoke from prophetic dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:20 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Idk. I was just curious to see Saturn when she first came into existence. I wonder if it would be cool if Neptune did come to her duty as a Senshi by way of a dream youma or dream eating youma...Not like the Lemures but something kinda like that thing from Amis First Love.

I also wonder what the SuperS movie would have been like if it was actually done like it was supposed to...lol