Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailor Moon Castilian DVD set?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me in finding a way to buy the Sailor Moon DVD set in Spain Spanish? I'd prefer this dub in particular over the Latin dub as there is minimal censorship in comparison. If anyone knows of a set for sale I would greatly appreciate your help in finding it.

Hola a todos, estoy poniendo este anuncio con esperanza de encontrar una copia de forma dvd del serie Sailor Moon en audio Castellano. Aunque el DVD del audio latino esta más dispuesto y común yo prefería poseer tal con el audio Castellano por su censura minimal en comparación con él del audio Latino... si alguien sabe dónde se puede comprar tal colección por DVD se lo agradecería muchísimo.

Post subject: Re: Sailor Moon Castilian DVD set?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:09 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
From my understanding, the censorship in both versions, Latin American and Spanish, is minimal. :?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:19 pm 
Luna
Luna
Clow wrote:
From my understanding, the censorship in both versions, Latin American and Spanish, is minimal. :?

The Latin American dub change Zoicite to be female, where in the Castilian dub they were both male but deemed "uncle and nephew" which is mildly less bothersome in my opinion, as it doesn't interfere too much in appreciating the homosexual relationship from the source material. They also changed Fisheye's gender but went back on it mid season, but left him with a female voice actor.

Aside from that, the Latin American dub also commits a few sins that are difficult to get behind, like deeming the Senshi "Sailor Scouts" which is not even a Spanish term... like if you're going to use a foreign language term to describe them why not dub them with the original Japanese term? They also refer to the Dark Kingdom as "The Negaverse" again with no good reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Other: CLAMP PR
Well, yeah, but these are such minimal changes. I much prefer Usagi being named Serena than Bunny. Bunny isn't a Spanish term or name, either.