Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 26, 2011
Posts: 10315
Location: "Dai Shocker's Hell Festival."
Gender: male
Here. I made a morality tread.

Have at it.

_________________
Image
"So...shall we begin the festival?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Morality
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Nov 21, 2010
Posts: 4723
Location: New York
Gender: male
lolRoman.

Won't be posting here much though. :P

_________________
Who is the Deadliest Fictional Warrior?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Morality
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Mar 31, 2010
Posts: 1393
Probably should've put this in the General Off-Topic board instead.

_________________
Oppositio Sin: She holds your Destiny in her hands...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Morality
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 26, 2011
Posts: 10315
Location: "Dai Shocker's Hell Festival."
Gender: male
Probably.

_________________
Image
"So...shall we begin the festival?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Morality
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:52 am 
Perv-chan
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Apr 07, 2011
Posts: 3772
Location: Petting Taiga-sama
Gender: female
After all my posts on the Hentai thread, I can safely say that I have no morals.

_________________
Please visit my Sailor Moon Gallery! Small Lady/Pegasus cels added in February!


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
As the "Morals" thread has been created after being split from another thread, the title of this thread has been altered, which reflects the topic of the preceding post, & accordingly this thread has also been moved to this subforum. :)

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:01 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 9641
Location: Embelyon
Gender: male
Yes, it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
Maraviollantes wrote:
Yes, it is.

Our hentai guru has made a definitive statement on that. :cool:

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:29 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 18 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jan 08, 2011
Posts: 198
Gender: male
Well it's not real so unless it negatively effect others no it's not.

But then again i'm not the type of person that takes a moral high ground on anything,

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 26, 2011
Posts: 10315
Location: "Dai Shocker's Hell Festival."
Gender: male
The only thing I consider immoral about Hentai is the whole Rape "fetish" and how it's applied with other characters.

But then again...I will look at whatever new Black Dog doujin is out at the time...

_________________
Image
"So...shall we begin the festival?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:01 am 
Planeta
Planeta
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 02, 2007
Posts: 3038
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Gender: female
If hentai is immoral then violent video games should also be.

_________________
Avatar courtesy of animemoon7


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 28 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Posts: 5
Gender: female
Does it really have to be asked? It’s pretty obvious, anime is supposed to be for children but how can they watched it when people, who seems no care, used it in pornography. Showing such images is definitely not in ethics. :ninja:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10917
Location: wishes it was Duluth
Gender: female
kikyo hino wrote:
If hentai is immoral then violent video games should also be.


like GTA :lol:

angelHo wrote:
Does it really have to be asked? It’s pretty obvious, anime is supposed to be for children but how can they watched it when people, who seems no care, used it in pornography. Showing such images is definitely not in ethics. :ninja:


not all anmie is for kids.. most hentai i likve is Haruka/Michiru or Zoisite/Kunzite.. cuz you know they are in That kind of relationship

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:41 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
angelHo wrote:
Does it really have to be asked? It’s pretty obvious, anime is supposed to be for children but how can they watched it when people, who seems no care, used it in pornography. Showing such images is definitely not in ethics. :ninja:

Some of it are even illegal in some jurisdictions, too, such as the depictions of visually under-aged characters. :)

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:40 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Posts: 1517
Gender: male
Morality is based on perception.

Essentially, if you find it immoral, then it is to you.

The consequence of your perception is irrelevant to what you see reality to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:16 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
kaorinite wrote:
If hentai is immoral, then having kids is immoral too

:P So hentai is essential for the survival of our species!

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:39 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 04, 2003
Posts: 1349
Location: Detroit, MI.
Gender: male
Immoral? To look at a drawing or animation? To look at a picture of someone who never existed that resembles something that may or may not be something between questionable to illegal if it was of real people? To look at paper and ink or a image created on a computer?

Only a fool would think so.

Nobody was ever hurt by hentai, save maybe for a paper cut or being hit with a manga by some crazy person. Nobody ever will be hurt in the creation of hentai. If they are, the problem isn't really the hentai.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
Sub Zippo wrote:
Immoral? To look at a drawing or animation? To look at a picture of someone who never existed that resembles something that may or may not be something between questionable to illegal if it was of real people? To look at paper and ink or a image created on a computer?

Only a fool would think so.

Nobody was ever hurt by hentai, save maybe for a paper cut or being hit with a manga by some crazy person. Nobody ever will be hurt in the creation of hentai. If they are, the problem isn't really the hentai.

But some law makers do think otherwise - to them, even the mere downloading of certain manual or digital hentai depictions for private viewing, even if you've deleted them afterward, is a criminal offense, hence automatically placing/recording you in the category of sex criminals if convicted. And I'm even only talking about some Common Law jurisdictions in the West. :wink:

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 04, 2003
Posts: 1349
Location: Detroit, MI.
Gender: male
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:
Immoral? To look at a drawing or animation? To look at a picture of someone who never existed that resembles something that may or may not be something between questionable to illegal if it was of real people? To look at paper and ink or a image created on a computer?

Only a fool would think so.

Nobody was ever hurt by hentai, save maybe for a paper cut or being hit with a manga by some crazy person. Nobody ever will be hurt in the creation of hentai. If they are, the problem isn't really the hentai.

But some law makers do think otherwise - to them, even the mere downloading of certain manual or digital hentai depictions for private viewing, even if you've deleted them afterward, is a criminal offense, hence automatically placing/recording you in the category of sex criminals if convicted. And I'm even only talking about some Common Law jurisdictions in the West. :wink:


Ohh, I'm well aware, and I see them as fools, who infuriate me by imposing their ignorance on me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:49 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
Sub Zippo wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Sub Zippo wrote:
Immoral? To look at a drawing or animation? To look at a picture of someone who never existed that resembles something that may or may not be something between questionable to illegal if it was of real people? To look at paper and ink or a image created on a computer?

Only a fool would think so.

Nobody was ever hurt by hentai, save maybe for a paper cut or being hit with a manga by some crazy person. Nobody ever will be hurt in the creation of hentai. If they are, the problem isn't really the hentai.

But some law makers do think otherwise - to them, even the mere downloading of certain manual or digital hentai depictions for private viewing, even if you've deleted them afterward, is a criminal offense, hence automatically placing/recording you in the category of sex criminals if convicted. And I'm even only talking about some Common Law jurisdictions in the West. :wink:


Ohh, I'm well aware, and I see them as fools, who infuriate me by imposing their ignorance on me.

While most downloading of those hentai artworks in question go undetected, it can still be detected if you're downloading from a site closed down by its local law enforcement, which may notify your local law enforcement that you've downloaded illegal materials from that site.

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:57 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2008
Posts: 354
Gender: female
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
kaorinite wrote:
If hentai is immoral, then having kids is immoral too

:P So hentai is essential for the survival of our species!


absolutely!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 10, 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Gender: male
There are some depictions of hentai that we should probably consider immoral, however those decipitions (ex, lolicon) have decent followers who will not perpretrate sexual fantasties with real children and those who will. I seem to recall reading a bit about a Japanese man who killed several children partly because he viewed lolicon.

Nevertheless, hentai does not show actual children being exploited (if there is then it should be eliminated immediately). The thing you have to realize with western nations taking aggresive stances on hentai is that society has gotten very tough on sexual offenders and anything with any similarity to child sexual exploitation. It's the same thing with American teenagers being put on sex offender registeries for "sexting" and being classified with predatory rapists, child sex tourists and the like.

One more thing, hentai doesn't convince actual child pornographers to exploit mass amounts of children.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:17 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 04, 2003
Posts: 1349
Location: Detroit, MI.
Gender: male
Saturnian Derek wrote:
I seem to recall reading a bit about a Japanese man who killed several children partly because he viewed lolicon.


No. Just, no. Maybe that was the tone of the article you read, but nobody kills anyone because of a comic. They might read a comic and then go on to commit horrible acts. They might even blame their horrible acts on a comic or other things, but anyone who murders someone outside of, say, self defense or the defense of another, is responsible for their own actions.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:46 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
Saturnian Derek wrote:
Nevertheless, hentai does not show actual children being exploited (if there is then it should be eliminated immediately). The thing you have to realize with western nations taking aggresive stances on hentai is that society has gotten very tough on sexual offenders and anything with any similarity to child sexual exploitation. It's the same thing with American teenagers being put on sex offender registeries for "sexting" and being classified with predatory rapists, child sex tourists and the like.

Such a situation should be blamed on the law makers & those who drafted the laws - they didn't think about the matter thoroughly & just did a (lazy) knee-jerk reaction. :roll:

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:47 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Posts: 1699
Location: Nemesis
Gender: male
Yes, it's very immoral. If you watch it, hair will grow out of your palms and your eyes will fall out. Then your brain is going to melt and sip through your empty eye cavities.






So let's watch it even more. P-:

_________________
Breaking news. According to Usagi, Mamoru thinks he's my boyfriend. Please, eliminate him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:39 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 26, 2011
Posts: 10315
Location: "Dai Shocker's Hell Festival."
Gender: male
Sub Zippo wrote:
Immoral? To look at a drawing or animation? To look at a picture of someone who never existed that resembles something that may or may not be something between questionable to illegal if it was of real people? To look at paper and ink or a image created on a computer?

Only a fool would think so.

There are tons of fools in the world unfortunately.

I mentioned this in another thread:
Roman55 wrote:
Due to the insanity of sexual laws, it is illegal in many countries (including the USA) to view naked or "sexually suggestive" images of anyone who "appears" to be under 18 years of age. Yes, that's right, their real age doesn't matter, neither does it matter if they don't exist in real life. So, yes, you can be put into prison for possessing anime of naked characters that look young.

In the summer of 2010, in a Swedish case that has been the cause of wild discussion on the web, a serious manga collector was convicted for owning a, in comparison to his total collection, very small amount of sexually suggestive images of characters appearing to be under the age of 18. The point about violation of free speech has indeed been raised.


Note, however, that countries have differing laws on the matter, and what may be an effective legal dodge for certain people in one country may equal jail time in another.

_________________
Image
"So...shall we begin the festival?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:41 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
^ W/ the advancement of brain scanning technologies nowadays, which've already been able to crudely reconstruct the visual images emerged inside the brain, I wonder if there'll be new laws dealing w/ such images in due course, say, if anyone creates a mental image of a nude person, who looks under-aged, inside their brain, they'll immediately become a sex offender. :P

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
Posts: 415
Location: Bran Bal, The Village Without Souls
Gender: female
My question is: which set of morals and ethics would you like me to apply in answering your question? If it is my own set of morals and ethics that I must apply, I say "hentai's morality entirely depends on the content of the work in question". If I am to apply the moral and ethical code of an ultra-rightist Christian fundamentalist with extraordinarily strong authoritarian tendencies, then I say "hentai is absolutely immoral". If I apply the most strictly Libertarian position possible, I say "never is hentai immoral unless someone is harmed by its distribution".

Pick your favorite. ^__^

_________________
Galaxia-sama's will is justice. All that stand in her way shall fall before me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 12, 2011
Posts: 1881
Location: On the bridge of the USS Enterprise-A
Gender: male
I look at it this way:

It's immoral, but not immoral. The concept is immoral, but since it's not real, it's not immoral. Kinda like how killing is wrong and immoral, but that doesn't stop us from blowing people to bits in video games.

I also think it depends on the views of the individual in general. Since there's a wide variety of themes here, one might think it's immoral in general, where as another might only think certain parts are immoral.

_________________
http://zhortac.deviantart.com/

Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is hentai immoral?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:56 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 32209
Gender: male
Zhortac wrote:
I look at it this way:

It's immoral, but not immoral. The concept is immoral, but since it's not real, it's not immoral. Kinda like how killing is wrong and immoral, but that doesn't stop us from blowing people to bits in video games.

I also think it depends on the views of the individual in general. Since there's a wide variety of themes here, one might think it's immoral in general, where as another might only think certain parts are immoral.

Sounds reasonable on both counts. :)

_________________
 
Image 

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 5 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB