* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Autumn is coming!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:32 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
For most of us, the fall/autumn season is soon approaching. What are you doing to celebrate?

I used to dread autumn as I'm a summer-lover, but I've recently started to fall (no pun intended) in love with autumn. I adore Halloween so I figured celebrating early (like throughout the entire season...lol) is a great way to get me to accept the shorter days and colder weather.

I've already started ordering pumpkin-flavored lattes...lmao.

#BlueLivesMatter

Post subject: Re: Autumn is coming!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:47 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
I'm preparing for all the bugs to come out and be annoying and the dry weather to start irritating my skin.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:12 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Lone Queen
I'm taking advantage of all the Autumn themed snacks and decor that's already in stores and giving my room a more cozy feel. :mrgreen: I've bought waaaay too many candles and room sprays though.

I can't wait until pumpkin roll cakes come back into season. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
I am counting the days. The best season of the year!

I will continue enjoying my life and being happy, but I will no longer feel miserable due to the heat and will be able to sleep peacefully without a noisy air conditioner by my side.

Also, the sights. Autumnal sights are the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:18 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: taken :A
as i said before,i hate autumn ever since i was a kid.Because the weather is cooler (i am a summer lover too) and it's turn back to school time.

but i know a lot of people loves that,especially in September

oh and i forgot i dislike fallen leaves too

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Other: The lone senshi
In my case, Spring is coming on my region, that's why september is my favorite month. :D
BTW, I like Autumn, the only season I don't like too much is summer. Funny thing is that loved it when i was a kid, but for some reason I hate it now... P-:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:00 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
In Russia, there is no Halloween. We make up for lack of autumn holidays by drinking vodka throughout the season, starting from September 1. We have no Christmas either, and make up for that by drinking vodka throughout December as well. On December 31 we finally have The New Year. And since we were waiting for a real holiday to come for so long, we celebrate it by drinking all vodka we can find. :booze: :booze: :booze:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:47 pm 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
With the over-abundance of stink bugs that have been popping up in the US within the last few years, I'm not too keen on Autumn anymore. What's wrong with stink bugs? They're gross, fairly large, and always appear when you least expect them to. Even when you kill them, they release a stench that attracts other stink bugs so the process just keeps repeating. There's even a window in my room that I haven't opened in almost 2 years since they always creep in through it. I do have another window in my room, but the breeze is never as nice. i On the other hand, the one thing I do like about Autumn is how calm and average the weather is. The fact that it's rarely too hot or too cold helps.

Matte Lupin!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:55 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I used to love summer, but I now HATE it! So I am glad autumn is coming soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Enjoy Yourself
I'm rather glad summer is ending
I really wasn't in the mood for it this year

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:29 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Maraviollantes wrote:
In Russia, there is no Halloween. We make up for lack of autumn holidays by drinking vodka throughout the season, starting from September 1. We have no Christmas either, and make up for that by drinking vodka throughout December as well. On December 31 we finally have The New Year. And since we were waiting for a real holiday to come for so long, we celebrate it by drinking all vodka we can find. :booze: :booze: :booze:

we don't have those holidays too but we don't drink vodka either :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: No.1 Mercury Fanboy
I don't like Fall Season. Only fanning the flames of my depressive nature.

Attachments:
ami_sobbing.jpg
ami_sobbing.jpg [ 38.39 KiB | Viewed 560 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:56 am 
Luna
Luna
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
It'll be spring for me, I can't wait for it - the weather will heat up and it won't be so unpredictable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:06 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
I'm looking forward to the cool weather, but it won't really start here until after October. September and October tend to be our hottest months. Blech. I used to think I didn't like Autumn until I realized it's just the​ first part in my local area that I dislike.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
litacan wrote:

Do you mean to say there are other ways to have fun apart from drinking vodka? :shocked:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:51 pm 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
litacan wrote:

Do you mean to say there are other ways to have fun apart from drinking vodka? :shocked:

we don't have fun at all :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:07 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
litacan wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:
litacan wrote:

we don't have fun at all :P

Then you know what to do during those long autumn days. :booze:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I love visiting cemeteries. Autumn is the best season for that.

We stand in awe at that which cannot be seen - Rukia Kuchiki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Maraviollantes wrote:

How is your liver doing, Sir? Does it tolerate all that vodka? P-:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:22 pm 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Clow wrote:
Maraviollantes wrote:

How is your liver doing, Sir? Does it tolerate all that vodka? P-:

It doesn't like vodka at all. But what else do you have to do in a country without Halloween and Christmas? :blue:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membership
Autumn's ok I suppose, but it's just the run up to my preferred winter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:33 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Maraviollantes wrote:
It doesn't like vodka at all. But what else do you have to do in a country without Halloween and Christmas? :blue:

Yeah, according to my impressions, Russia is a very religious country and it acknowledges Christmas as a Pagan holiday (much like Halloween is) and Russians in general seem to prefer to celebrate Christmas as a religious festivity and not as a festivity that is obviously rooted in paganism.

Why don't you move to a country that is more tolerant of Pagan traditions?

Of course, I do not mean to disrespect the traditions of your country, but I, loving Halloween and Christmas as much as I do, very much doubt that I would live a happy life in Russia. That, and the fact that I am a gay man. P-:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:02 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
For me celebrating Halloween!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:10 am 
Gurges Ater
Gurges Ater
Clow wrote:
Russia is a very religious country and it acknowledges Christmas as a Pagan holiday (much like Halloween is)...

Not quite. It acknowledges them as *Western* holidays, which automatically equates (for every Russian politician/media/majority of population) to gay, evil, and blasphemous. There is an alternative "Russian" Christmas on January 7, but since it was invented only a few years ago by politicians to fight evil *Western* traditions, there isn't a single tradition associated with it. So most people don't celebrate it at all (apart from those who don't mind any holiday as long as it gives them a reason to drink vodka).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:58 am 
Stella Nova
Stella Nova
Maraviollantes wrote:
Clow wrote:
Russia is a very religious country and it acknowledges Christmas as a Pagan holiday (much like Halloween is)...

Not quite. It acknowledges them as *Western* holidays, which automatically equates (for every Russian politician/media/majority of population) to gay, evil, and blasphemous. There is an alternative "Russian" Christmas on January 7, but since it was invented only a few years ago by politicians to fight evil *Western* traditions, there isn't a single tradition associated with it. So most people don't celebrate it at all (apart from those who don't mind any holiday as long as it gives them a reason to drink vodka).

Russia is western too.At least it's definitely not Eastern :eeklez:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:04 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
I think Russia is both?

Moscow and Saint Petersburg, according to my readings, are cosmopolitan cities that have adopted western values.

Perhaps, it is cities like Vladivostok, which are located in the extreme east parts of Russia, that are more conservative and shaped by traditional values?

I mean, there is absolutely no way I am visiting Russia (I do not even go to Canada); however, I have always felt intrigued and curious about Russia, as a country, and everything that relates to its culture. My favorite composers, such as Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky, are Russian...

... the best ballet dancers are from Russia. Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring," for example, was way ahead of its time and is such a poetically transgressive piece.

It is difficult for me to understand how a country that is so artistically rich and filled with artists pushes legislation that encourages homophobia.

On a different note, I would love to learn Sambo, a Russian self-defense martial art.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always thought this was a Xmas thing in Russia.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:24 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
^that looks really cool