Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Ghost in the Shell live-action...can it actually be good?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:37 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
LOL :lol:

There's actual scientific basis for the white washing.

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-discove ... NaturePage

Quote:
Researchers have recently discovered two different types of memory use completely different processes in the same nerves, opening the way for a new pharmaceutical solution for treating anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

The find challenges earlier research that had suggested memories of traumatic events used the same nerves in the same ways, making them impossible to physically distinguish.

But the post has no basis to be on this thread. :confused:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:09 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
LOL :lol:

There's actual scientific basis for the white washing.

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-discove ... NaturePage

I'm confused as to what this article on PTSD has to do with the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:51 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Memory manipulation/implantation is scientifically plausible.

In the case of the movie, they added a false memory.

There's another article about the mind creating up to 11 dimensions.
https://www.wired.com/story/the-mind-bo ... imensions/

Quote:
For the last two years she’s been converting Blue Brain’s virtual network of connected neurons and translating them into geometric shapes that can then be analyzed systematically. Two connected neurons look like a line segment. Three look like a flat, filled-in triangle. Four look like a solid pyramid. More connections are represented by higher dimensional shapes—and while our brains can’t imagine them, mathematics can describe them.

Quote:
His latest hypothesis: that those patterns of increasingly complex neuronal structures represent ever richer and more interesting responses to stimuli. He thinks it’s how people learn. Maybe even where they store memories.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:13 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
rgveda99 wrote:
Memory manipulation/implantation is scientifically plausible.

One can already & always manipulate/implant memories w/o doing it physically. lol

Quote:
There's another article about the mind creating up to 11 dimensions.
https://www.wired.com/story/the-mind-bo ... imensions/

Quote:
For the last two years she’s been converting Blue Brain’s virtual network of connected neurons and translating them into geometric shapes that can then be analyzed systematically. Two connected neurons look like a line segment. Three look like a flat, filled-in triangle. Four look like a solid pyramid. More connections are represented by higher dimensional shapes—and while our brains can’t imagine them, mathematics can describe them.

Quote:
His latest hypothesis: that those patterns of increasingly complex neuronal structures represent ever richer and more interesting responses to stimuli. He thinks it’s how people learn. Maybe even where they store memories.

Personally, I think their speculations are plausible - hope their research will bear fruits in due course. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
https://www.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-ca ... 16006.html

Quote:
Are Asian actors less expressive?

An unnamed casting director has waded in on the issue of whitewashing in Hollywood… and it looks as though their comments aren’t exactly helping matters.

During an article by Paste Magazine, psychologist Nancy Wang Yuen recalls a discussion she had with a Hollywood casting director about why Asian actors are more difficult to cast.

“I work with a lot of different people and Asians are a challenge to cast because most casting directors feel as though they’re not very expressive,” the Hollywood casting director allegedly told her. “They’re very shut down in their emotions… where they really have to act and get some kind of performance out… it’s a challenge.”

I personally think its more than that. But I have to agree with Bill Murray. Lucy Lui can't act.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
^^^i disagree Lucy Lui is a fine actress although i don't think she'd have made a good major as shes not quite attractive enough (nor is her chest big enough)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:23 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I personally don't think she'll be a good Rita Repulsa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6