Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Dragon Ball Super - New anime w/story by Akira Toriyama
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:38 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
From last night's Toonami broadcast:

EDIT: Also a new commercial from Toonami Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkxWqPxD_I

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:29 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
From tonight's 8 PM premiere on Adult Swim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
NJ_ wrote:

New clip from the Bang Zoom dub, it's from the official Toonami Asia account so watch now before they realize that they didn't region block it.

The description of the video has been updated with some of the voice cast.

Goku – Lex Lang
Goten – Dana Hayes
Beerus – Archie Fletcher
King Kai - Michael McConnohie
Vegeta - Kaiji Tang
Trunks – Haley Lewis
Piccolo – Ray Chase

Aside from what's heard of the clip so far, this is some interesting casting for Goku & Vegeta because Lex Lang & Kaiji Tang voiced Kenshiro, from Fist of the North Star, in the past (80s TV series & 2010 Ken's Rage game respectively).

EDIT: http://toonamifaithful.com/english-dub- ... all-super/

Gohan – Chris Hackney
Whis – Doug Erholtz

EDIT 2:

Wendee Lee – Bulma
Michelle Ruff – Chi Chi
Brian Beacock – Krillin
Erika Harlacher – Videl
Spike Spencer – Buu

Wendee Lee being here is a shocker because she had voiced Bulma before, in the short-lived Harmony Gold dub of the original Dragon Ball back in the late 80s. :eeklez:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:30 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

Spoiler: show
Screw Broly and anyone who think he's still relevant to the franchise. :|

Yes I know it's not him but it's clearly their version of a tribute with that girl. I hope they ignore his existence script-wise because it will only get worse from here if they don't (especially if FUNi's scriptwriter tries anything with their dub).

In other news, the first two episodes of the Bang Zoom dub have surfaced online so for those who want to watch, there you go. It's actually pretty decent aside from a few VAs but then it's only the beginning so it might get better for them later on.

Personally I'm surprised at who's playing Kid Trunks because it sounds like Erica Mendez and I don't think she ever used an alias before plus it's the exact same voice as Gon from Hunter x Hunter '11.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Starts next week:

EDIT: Looks like FUNi subbed two of the PVs:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:33 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
New opening from last night's broadcast in Japan.

MONDAY EDIT: Here's a comparison from the infamous Episode 5 which also aired that day on Toonami India & Adult Swim/Toonami US.

Bang Zoom:

http://streamable.com/cwp8e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zB6jwpKd8E

FUNimation:

http://streamable.com/mq3zg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoIuk66ZWKY

:rofl: at "SUPER SAIYAN THREEEE"

Both used the fixed Blu-ray masters, along with every other country who licensed Super, but it doesn't change the bad fight choreography so the episode still sucked.

In other news, since Toonami India airs episodes on Saturday and Sunday, the Bang Zoom dub is now ahead of FUNi with episode 6 airing yesterday so I look forward to more of that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:17 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
New video posted yesterday by Ajay, you might remember him from the production issues video he made back in May and also the Reddit post he made responding to someone about Tadayoshi Yamamuro (both are on Page 3 of this thread), well he posted something new on the guy so enjoy.

(For more on his Super Animation Supervisors series & other Super-related videos check out his channel)

There was also a video posted yesterday by Big D of Geekdom101, who had Ajay as a guest, this time it's about animation misconceptions about Super.

(For more from Big D about Super and other videos, check out his channel)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:45 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Other: Ragamuffin Webcoder
Oh god, I just learned about Super yesterday andI'm so upset i hadn't heard of it till now. I'm flipping excited to marathon it and feel like a kid again :googly:
I ended up watching Battle of Gods last night since It was suggested by a friend and I love Whis too. Hes adorable!

Does Toonami air Super, or is it only online streaming for now? Edit: I just looked up a couple posts and answered my own question, OTL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:16 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
From last night's broadcast of episode 6 on Adult Swim & Toonami.

Guess that's one down because FUNi has been fighting Toei to get those songs dubbed and cleared for use in the show so will their English Opening premiere soon? Who knows....

As for the Bang Zoom dub, they're up to episode 8 now and Ray Chase (Piccolo) had this to share.

https://twitter.com/RayChase/status/830680988048986112

Quote:
Ah you found something! I play Tenshinhan and Oolong in this show

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:25 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Time to bump this...

For those still watching on Toonami, they're not showing the full opening anymore. Why, because of the new Samurai Jack show opening Toonami at 11 PM now and that premiered last night. The edited opening will likely stay that way as long as Toonami keeps that 11 PM slot for Jack and whatever airs after it. As for the Bang Zoom dub, it's on a break right now so it'll probably return after the current set of reruns.

For those watching it subbed, no new episode this week (yesterday) and also for those unaware, there was a director change a few weeks back so this current arc now has two guys directing it and one of the major changes is there's a new filter added to the video which for better or worse affects the animation.

Here's a comparison from episode 80:

Preview / Episode
Preview / Episode
Preview / Episode
Preview / Episode

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:33 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
From episode 13's broadcast on Toonami.

•Dragon Ball Super, Part 1 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $39.98 (Retail) - 7/25/17
•Dragon Ball Super, Part 1 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $44.98 (Retail) - 7/25/17

Quote:
Part 1 contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features (Blu-ray-only): Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Sonny Strait & Savannah Ligaluppi, Catching Up on the Dragon Ball Universe: Christopher R. Sabat & Hero D. Sabat, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

Ugh, they just had to drag the movie retellings to 3 sets...I'll wait until Part 3 is out then before I start buying Super.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:12 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
From last night's airing of episode 18 on Adult Swim & Toonami:

Looks like Toei strikes again because this version of Chozetsu Dynamic is the Engrish one that was released with the Japanese single back in 2015 so it looks like FUNi gave up trying to include their own version (which was the reason for the long delay). Hope this doesn't affect the JP version on the discs so we don't get a repeat of the recent movies.

As for the ED...

Who was watching Dragon Ball Super just now? That was ME SINGING THE OUTRO!!!

Not a fan of it but then again, most of Super's EDs are not that good in Japanese either so there was no saving this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:57 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare

•Dragon Ball Super, Part 2 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $39.98 (Retail) - 10/3/17
•Dragon Ball Super, Part 2 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $44.98 (Retail) - 10/3/17

(Right Stuf links coming soon)

Quote:
Episodes 14 - 26

Special Features (Blu-ray-only): Watching Dragon Ball Super: with Jason Douglas & Ian Sinclair, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers

A few notes regarding Part 1 (thanks to Ajay at Kanzenshuu & Twitter)

-The Opening is in Japanese on the dub & Japanese tracks so no Engrish versions this time.
-The Endings are fully dubbed, as expected (see here & here).
-The subs were retranslated by Steve Simmons (the same guy who translated most of FUNi's Dragon Ball subs) so like with Viz's Sailor Moon Crystal sets, no Toeilations on the discs.
-They corrected a dub mistake that was made in episode 2 (here's a comparison, and also here's the Bang Zoom dub audio).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:01 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The furry-verse is no more. :googly: :mudkip: :googly:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:42 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/201 ... rc/.120567

Universe 6 dub cast:

Botamo - Cris George
Cabba - Clifford Chapin
Frost - Greg Ayres
Hit - Matthew Mercer (replacing Aaron Roberts who voiced him in Xenoverse 2)
Monaka - Daman Mills (who filled in as Freeza in small parts of the previous arc due to Chris Ayres' current health issues)

Champa - Jason Liebrecht
Vados - Caitlin Glass

^These two were confirmed prior to Xenoverse 2's release through a Bamco Twitch stream in February and like Cabba & Frost, they were kept the same for Super.

In other news...

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/08/25/dr ... l-release/

The full version of that song is now available digitally in Japan and it's GOOD. :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5