Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 187  Next
 Post subject: Introductions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:49 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
You can use this thread to introduce yourselves.

My information can be found here:

http://antares7.absoludicrous.net/site/ian/index.html

Last edited by Diaphanus on Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 137 months ago
inactive
*steps forward with mic àla-la-Seramyu-fankan*

Hi, everyone! A new member for Forum Lunare, Saphir! I hope you'll all cheer me on! Yoroshiku onegai shimasu!

*crickets*

Okay, so it was corny, but I've always wanted to be in a fankan event... :) Let's see, for real introductions, I am a fourth-year at Acadia University, this is thesis year (EEK!). I'm persuing a Bachelor of Computer Science w/ Honours, and hope to make lots of money. I'm planning on working in Dubai when I graduate, since the cash seems to be extra nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:23 pm 
inactive
Saphir wrote:
Okay, so it was corny, but I've always wanted to be in a fankan event... :) Let's see, for real introductions, I am a fourth-year at Acadia University, this is thesis year (EEK!). I'm persuing a Bachelor of Computer Science w/ Honours, and hope to make lots of money. I'm planning on working in Dubai when I graduate, since the cash seems to be extra nice.

That sounds like a lucrative field! Unfortunately for me, though, there are not many jobs in Egyptology. The best job that I can get in that field is one in a university as a professor. But that is okay. I plan to be a professor someday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:21 pm 
[deleted on request of the author]

Last edited by Maraviollantes on Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
request by author

Post subject: Re: Introductions
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:48 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 164 months ago
inactive
Ian's known me for a while, but not sure if anyone else on the new board does, so here goes.

I'm Michelle and a Virgo (I'm told it shows). I'm also a big time animal lover and vegetarian. I got my BA in both Literature and History and if I could get paid for my anime/manga hobby I surely would, but instead I substitute teach and continue work on a historical novel that's been a several year project.

Anime-Myth.com
http://www.anime-myth.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:58 am 
inactive
Jeff wrote:
I'm sure you'll notice that's the profile Antie used. But what a nice profile it is!

Actually, the format was inspired by the format that is used in the BSSM manga. I added several more entries.

Jeff wrote:
I have a cute beagle named Otis, who I love. One last thing, so there's no confusion: I'm gay! And pround! :D I hope we have fun here!

It is good to know that you are happy! :)

Post subject: hi!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:50 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 140 months ago
inactive
I'm yumiko. I used to post as 'amichann' on ian's old ezboard forums. Nice to meet you all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:53 pm 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
http://www.genvid.com/jay.html

Last edited by Jadeite2 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Well hello there;)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:28 pm 
Hi there! My name is Catzi I registered here on August 27th 2003^^ Today is also my birthday!

Post subject: Re: Well hello there;)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:17 pm 
inactive
Jadeite2 wrote:
Least favourite anything: Alcohol, smoking, and any kind of narcotic. I've never done a single one of those in my life.

I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. I do not smoke! I also do not like to drink "regular" beer. However, I will drink one or two wine coolers every once in a while.

Jadeite2 wrote:
Heritage/Religious Alignment: Jewish. Both my parents were born in Bagdad and their families moved to Israel due to the pogroms of the 1950s. They later moved to America. I'd say it was an interesting background if it wasn't ludicriously tragic.

Yes, it is an interesting one!

Jadeite2 wrote:
Future plans: Graduate school, finishing up an "ambitious project," and interviewing Ms. Naoko Takeuchi... the latter of which I think has a fairly good chance of ocurring. I'm serious. Ian believes me. (Not sarcasm.)

Yes, I do!

catzi wrote:
Hi there! My name is Catzi I registered here on August 27th 2003^^ Today is also my birthday!

Welcome and happy birthday! How did you find this place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 137 months ago
inactive
Cool! People who aren't into drinking and drugs! People like that are hard to come by, it seems... I mean, I find daiquiris mighty tasty, but I've never, nor will I never, get drunk. I just fail to see the enjoyment in acting like a complete idiot and being sick the next day. Am I missing something...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 12:20 pm 
inactive
I decided to get myself truly drunk once just to see how bad it could be. It was pretty bad. I mean "I want to throw up so much that I wish I did not have a stomach" kind of bad. No, I will not be doing that again any time soon. There are times when I get kind of tipsy, but that rarely happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:38 pm 
Wow, a vegan and a Jew. I'm glad that we're going to have such a diverse forum. The word Jew bings tears to my eyes right now though. One of my good friends was recently shipped off to an all-girls Jewish academy in Maryland. This morning actually :cry:. Anything Jewish reminds me of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:11 pm 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jeff wrote:
Wow, a vegan and a Jew. I'm glad that we're going to have such a diverse forum. The word Jew bings tears to my eyes right now though. One of my good friends was recently shipped off to an all-girls Jewish academy in Maryland. This morning actually :cry:. Anything Jewish reminds me of her.

I'm not a vegan if you're referring to me. Pork and the other things I list aren't kosher, so I can't eat them... they have "all-jewish academies" in Maryland? What the hell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:50 pm 
Mnemosynehime is a vegatarian. That's who I was referring to. Apparently they do have Jewish academies. There were others her parents were considering in California, Texas, and somewhere else in the southeast.

Post subject: Tour Guide Bunny's here!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:49 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 145 months ago
inactive
Ian-san! Hi!

Great to see the new forum! I'm still on vacation, but my aunt has cable connection so I'm able to get online. Figured I'd sign up since I miss chatting with all of you.

Shoujocon was a bit of a disappointment since attendance was down by half of what it was last year. But I did get to meet Tomoko Taniguchi (Princess Prince, Aquarium, Call Me Princess, etc). I got a manga signed, got a photo with her, and even gave her a handful of my comics ^^

I've been getting a lot of comic work done while I've been gone which is great. Finally catching up on this stuff. Someone hacked our comic message board while I was away but the girl who runs it is dealing with that. Hopefully we'll be back online with that soon.

I'll be able to get online and chat until Tuesday night. After that I will be going to Small Publishers Expo next weekend. I will be home on September 8th and will be able to chat again normally then. Wow! Sorry for the long post, but I figured I'd share my adventures :D

*hugs to everyone*

Bunny's Tour Through the Silver Millennium
Red String ~ a paper-free comic
Strawberry Comics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:32 am 
inactive
Welcome, Bunny! I am glad that you posted here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:19 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 122 months ago
inactive
Saphir wrote:
I just fail to see the enjoyment in acting like a complete idiot and being sick the next day. Am I missing something...?

I wish my mother saw drunkeness that way, last night she came in and broke the lid on the cistern of our upstairs toilet :shock:

I kinda like alcohol... AlchoPops manly, esspecially stuff with Cranberries in them, or watermelon, I don't like straight spirits though but a little mixed with something else like fruit juice, lemonade, or tonic water is nice, I'm not much of a Beer drinker either, their are only a few I like.

All in all I am not a heavy drinker and I've never ever had a massive hangover (a little headache yes), I know that once I begin to lose control of my legs that It's time to stop (my legs go first) and I never act like a moron I just get a bit giddy & silly then I stop. So I think I'm okay with it..

Post subject: Re: Tour Guide Bunny's here!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:00 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Bunny wrote:
*hugs to everyone*

Please don't hug me, I don't like being hugged by strangers...plus I tend to become viciously violent verbally and pyshically when I'm in own of my moods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 145 months ago
inactive
Quote:
Please don't hug me, I don't like being hugged by strangers

Okay, then just hugs to Ian-san, Mnemosynehime, and everyone else I know from the old Forum Lunare ^_^

Bunny's Tour Through the Silver Millennium
Red String ~ a paper-free comic
Strawberry Comics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:50 pm 
inactive
Bunny wrote:
Quote:
Please don't hug me, I don't like being hugged by strangers

Okay, then just hugs to Ian-san, Mnemosynehime, and everyone else I know from the old Forum Lunare ^_^

Thanks a lot! You are kind!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:40 pm 
* waves to everyone* Hi I'm here at last ( not that you missed me) I was Emily Usagi on the old fourm.

From England, Aniem and Manga fan, age of 17 B-Day 24th January adn that's it unless you want to know more?

* glomp's everyone she know's form the old fourm*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:01 am 
Hey...umm...I'm not really new here, actually I think i was the tenth person to register in this forum or something but I have been busy with school starting and all. <.< >.> wow a lot has certainly changed in this forum since school started. well..uh...ya..hi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:46 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 66 months ago
inactive
Location: in a dumpster with oscar the grouch and switchblade sullivan
Hm, didn't even know about this else I would haev posted here first.

My name is Steve, age 20 (soon to be 21), my g/f Yumiko showed me this place and I decided I'd see what it was like. My nickname comes from Silent Hill 3 (I won't say anymore don't worry).

My hobbies are drawing/cg'ing, watching tv, playing video games, chatting online, reading, and as it should be obvious by my sig below, Muay Thai kickboxing. Not to be confused with regular kickboxing which is weak and watered down compared to Muay Thai. My two biggest are definately Muay Thai and drawing, no doubt about it.

I like strong people (mentally/spiritually, tho physically strong to a small extent), people who have a fighting spirit, intelligent people, cuteness (in girls..not guys I'm not queer), loyalty and to tell you the truth there are more things but I forgot them

I dislike weak people (especially mentally/spiritually), I HATE otaku like nerds, and I also hate hypocrites and people who act like animals (always partying, screwing around etc) and one of the things I really, really hate, are self pitiers. The kind of people who want to change themselves but do nothing to do it. Kinda like some weight watchers morons who whine and ☹ they are fat but that is as far as they go to try and change themselves. God I hate that.

And I think that's about it for an intro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:35 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Lobsel Vith wrote:
I like strong people (mentally/spiritually, tho physically strong to a small extent), people who have a fighting spirit, intelligent people, cuteness (in girls..not guys I'm not queer), loyalty and to tell you the truth there are more things but I forgot them

I dislike weak people (especially mentally/spiritually), I HATE otaku like nerds, and I also hate hypocrites and people who act like animals (always partying, screwing around etc) and one of the things I really, really hate, are self pitiers. The kind of people who want to change themselves but do nothing to do it. Kinda like some weight watchers morons who whine and ☹ they are fat but that is as far as they go to try and change themselves. God I hate that.

You, I, and Nietszche are a lot alike. "Great minds"- right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:12 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 77 months ago
inactive
Wee... I might as well introduce myself. I followed Ian here and have been lurking for a little while.

I'm Jami, the Galaxia freak for those who don't know me.

I own the domains, http://topaztiger.org and http://sailorgalaxia.net

Um.. anything else... you can just ask :D?

Post subject: hey everyone...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:42 am 
I'm new here....
:D

Post subject: Re: hey everyone...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:44 pm 
inactive
Haruka wrote:
I'm new here....
:D

Welcome! Feel free to post messages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:48 am 
lo, everyone. I'm Buttress. I'm a Sophomore, so you can pretty much guess my age.

I live in a rinky dink town in Illinois. About 2 hours from Chicago. Joy, rapture...

I've been an SM fan since the about the 5th grade but I've found myself becoming more fond of the artwork than the actual storyline as of late.

I'm very familiar with the way the forums are set up seeing as I'm a member of the Spacefem forums. Blah.

Why the name Buttress? Well... that was actually my nickname during my Freshman year in high school. But it's changed many times since then. Considering this is an SM forum, I figured what the hell. Might as well.

I absolutely love forums and I hope to stick around for a while. ^_^

If there is a need for a mod in the future, I'd be willing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:00 am 
inactive
Buttress wrote:
I live in a rinky dink town in Illinois. About 2 hours from Chicago. Joy, rapture...

I've lived in a small town in Illinois, too: McHenry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 187  Next