Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Digimon Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:
Usagi-Fifth-Doctor wrote:
SnowWolf wrote:
Joshua Seth will be Tai! Yay!

That is very good news!

I agree I loved Joshua Seth's Taichi "Tai" Yagami/Kamiya now I'm wanting to see the dub more and more now and Miss Leigh playing Biyomon will be awesome as I'm a huge Cherami Leigh Fan have been since hearing her voice Ayano Kannagi on Kaze No Stigma

I loved Joshua's Tai as well!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:50 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I have found something special that I wish to share with you all.

Near the end of this year's DigiFes in Japan, Atori Shigematsu (the Japanese voice of Adventure Piyomon) read aloud a letter she wrote for Yuko Mizutani (the original Japanese voice of Sora, Taichi's & Hikari's mother, and Sailor Moon Crystal's Ikuko Tsukino), who passed away earlier this year.

She has put a transcription of the letter up on her blog, and user Garmmon of With The Will has provided an English translation of the letter (with translator notes in [] brackets for additional context):

Quote:
To Mizutani Yuko-san,

Having acted together as partners in Digimon Adventure, I experienced many 'firsts' together with you, Yuko-san.
One of those was the recording for Piyomon and Sora's duet, 'Futari de Habatakeba' (If We Fly Together). Sora would sing the main melody of the first chorus, while Piyomon would sing the harmony. The second chorus would be the opposite.
During the last chorus repeat, we would take turns singing both the melody and harmony. I was trying my hardest to keep up, but Yuko-san, your reliable lead was there for me to follow.

Not only that, I was stuck on what to do for the sudden request of an ad-lib during the interlude [where Sora and Piyomon have a short conversation], but you were able to go 'How about this?' and come up with an idea without any hesitation.
Sora pretending to cry, and Piyomon's flustered response; those lines were almost completely Yuko-san's ideas.
When we tried it out for real, Sora['s acting] was adorable, and I could actually feel the shock Piyomon felt when she found out Sora was only pretending to cry.

There was also the time where you drove us home, and I was sitting in the passenger's seat.
As I watched you drive, I secretly thought 'She looks so cool! She's an adult woman! [like you know..when adults actually seem like adults, that kind of feeling]'. Although our ages weren't actually that far apart, Yuko-san always felt like a reliable older sister to me.

When we all met for the recording of the special drama CD [for the Digimon Adventure Blu-ray] about 2 years back, it was my first time sitting next to Yuko-san in the studio. While we were recording for the TV series, we would usually sit in either corners of the room, with the entrance to the control room between. I thought 'being able to sit next to Sora is still the best!'.

In the screening of Digimon Adventure tri last year, the grown-up Sora was able to reunite with Piyomon. As I look back, until now, I was able to feel peace of mind because Yuko-san, you were there to support me.
From here on, I'm not sure if I will be able to support and lead my partner the way you were able to, Yuko-san.
However, I feel that I want to be partners [with the new Sora] that will support each other, and grow along with each other.
Please watch over us.

'Sora. I always, alwaaaaays love you!!'

From Shigematsu Atori, 31/7/2016

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:38 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Thank you very much for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:31 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Thank you very much for sharing!
It's rare that we get to hear these kind of personal anecdotes from the Japanese actors and get an English translation of said anecdotes. You can just feel the emotion that she felt for her onee-san and how much heart she must have put into writing that letter. It's so moving and touching to read.

When I first read it, I could easily hear her Piyomon voice reading in my head.

Rest in peace, Mizutani-san.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I've been wanting to say this for a long, long time now. I absolutely love Digimon! It's one of my favorite anime besides Sailor Moon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:04 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
I've been wanting to say this for a long, long time now. I absolutely love Digimon! It's one of my favorite anime besides Sailor Moon!

I agree completely especially when it comes to both Adventure series and Tamers I couldn't stand Frontier for a great number of reasons

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:50 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I agree completely especially when it comes to both Adventure series and Tamers I couldn't stand Frontier for a great number of reasons

Data Squad certainly picked up the slack after Frontier. I hope Universe will keep it up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:46 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I love both Adventure 1 and Adventure 2. I've watched a little of each! I haven't seen Tamers yet, but it looks promising.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:54 pm 
Stella
Stella
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

I love both Adventure 1 and Adventure 2. I've watched a little of each! I haven't seen Tamers yet, but it looks promising.

Tamers is excellent the story is amazing and the dub is really good but do Avoid Frontier it is the most Sexist Series ever mainly do to the only female cast member being forced to Digi-Volve into a Digimon that practically wears next to nothing, not to mention the almost topless scene

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:39 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
^ No Frontier, got it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:05 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Well, I LIKED Frontier, thank you very much! :nope:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:58 pm 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
Well, I LIKED Frontier, thank you very much! :nope:

lol its a matter of opinion really but I still consider it a crappy series as I hated that they changed into Digimon and of course the Sexist portrayal of the lone female protagonist Zoe I believe her name was in the dub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:10 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
@SabrBlade, if you like Digimon Frontier, that's okay.

Last edited by FloraKiraraHime on Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:30 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Digimon Frontier's a bit more iffy in terms of story IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:14 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I've been listening Digimon music lately.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 am 
Stella
Stella

Digimon Music especially from Adventure 1 and 2 were the best least I think so anyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:51 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

Digimon Music especially from Adventure 1 and 2 were the best least I think so anyway

What are you favorite songs from Digimon, AmiMizunosHusband? I love Break Up!, I Turn Around, Target, Ashita wa Atashi no Kaze ga Fuku, and the English theme song from seasons 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:51 am 
Stella
Stella
AmiMizunosHusband wrote:

What are you favorite songs from Digimon, AmiMizunosHusband? I love Break Up!, I Turn Around, Target, Ashita wa Atashi no Kaze ga Fuku, and the English theme song from seasons 1 and 2.

the English intro to Adventure 1 and 2 as well as Tamers, Hey Digimon (the theme that played whenever in Adventure 1 when they were about to defeat an evil digimon (with the exception of Devimon and Etemon).

also I cant recall the songs name but the one in Adventure 2 when they were about to defeat an evil Digimon (and Ken lol)

gotta ask whos your favorite Digimon? mines Myotismon (especially if he's voiced by Richard Epcar)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:54 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
First five minutes of tri. Chapter 3:

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:54 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
First clip of the tri. dub coming to theaters this Thursday!

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:25 am 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:
First clip of the tri. dub coming to theaters this Thursday!

I see Joshua still has it I cannot wait to watch it myself

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:50 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
I'm really torn on the video, honestly.

On the one hand, it was a scene that felt too quiet and really could have stood to have more dialogue in the original. But on the other hand, when we were told that it would be dubbed true to the spirit of the original, I was hoping that the dub wouldn't be adding dialogue to break up moments of silence. But on the other other hand, what was said wasn't too bad and did fit the serious tone of the scene. But on the other other other hand, the new line didn't really feel necessary or add anything to the scene that wasn't there in the original since it was just one of those lines that basically told us out loud what was happening onscreen and which was already evident to anyone watching said onscreen action occur right in front of them. But on the other other other other hand, I don't think Kuwagamon's specifically targeting Taichi really was all that clear in the original, since he only went after Taichi after Taichi got Kuwagamon's attention and Kuwagamon's intentions had really been ambiguous for the most part. But on the other other other other other (okay, I'll stop) hand, the dub making Tai be Kuwagamon's primary objective kind of takes away from that original ambiguity and sort of diminishes the "fearful unknown" factor that Kuwagamon had in the original, and now raises a question of why Kuwagamon is targeting Tai for any reason more specific than just pure animal instinct, as it's not like this Kuwagamon is evil or (as far as we know) has any reason to be after Tai or any of the humans. It just doesn't feel right.

Also, Kuwagamon's roar is the same as it was in the original. Neat.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:36 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Second dub clip, featuring a completely intact "Brave Heart"!!!!! :eeklez: :circles:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4t3724

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:23 am 
Luna
Luna
Another clip.

Sora, Mimi, Kari and their Digimon eating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TEz0k_hqSU

We get to hear Kari, Gatomon and Biomon's new voices!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:32 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Oof, those new voices are gonna take some getting used to.

Also not sure how I feel about the use of "foxy" and other such animal-based terms for "good-looking".

And more of the Japanese music left intact. Nice.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:11 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Sabrblade wrote:

Kari's I get since she's grown up and all that.

I hope this will be able to make it to Netflix. Thursday's a bad time for me...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:28 pm 
Stella
Stella
Sabrblade wrote:

Also not sure how I feel about the use of "foxy" and other such animal-based terms for "good-looking".

And more of the Japanese music left intact. Nice.

I like how the new voices sounds actually although I do prefer Kari's OG Voice Actress this one is quite good so no complaints from me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:03 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Confirmation that the clips we've seen thus far are the finalized versions, meaning (semi-)confirmation that the Japanese music is being kept for the dub! - https://www.facebook.com/ZeltraxMillennium/posts/1477208928963379

Quote:
Hey, ELEVEN ARTS, I'm guessing this clip isn't finalized yet?

I guess this because the remixed version of BraveHeart is in the background music.
Quote:
Jesse, we wouldn't release a clip unless it was finalized. ;o)

I guess the previous word about the changed music may only refer to the new theme song in the trailer replacing Butter-Fly as the opening.

Prince Rose wrote:
KawaiiMira wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:53 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ANN wrote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment confirmed before this week's Tokyo Game Show that it will release Digimon World: Next Order for PlayStation 4 outside Japan early next year. The game will feature multiple language options, including English and Japanese voices as well as English, French, and Spanish subtitles. In the Americas, the game will be available "exclusively in digital form."

The company describes the game:

"Digimon World: Next Order begins when players are sucked into the Digital World to discover it is under siege by Machinedramons. Rescued by two Digimon from impending doom, players must forge forward with their Digimon partners and journey through the Digital World to discover the origins of the Machinedramon scourge and find a way back to the real world. Along the way, players will nurture and train their Digimon partners for battle as they progress through the game.

Digimon World: Next Order contains over 200 Digimon for players to meet, recruit, and interact with throughout their adventure. Digimon World: Next Order will also give players the choice of playing as either a male or female protagonist and enable players to explore the Digital World with two Digimon partners for the first time in franchise history. The key to finding a way back to the real world and stopping the Digital World from total destruction at the hands of Machinedramons will lie in building strong bonds and providing effective training for each Digimon."

While the original Japanese version of the game for the PlayStation Vita had 50 sub-quests, Bandai Namco Entertainment and developer B.B. Studio are including about 120 sub-quests after feedback from players.

The Brazil Advisory Rating Board previously listed an entry for the game on Tuesday.

The game shipped on March 17 in Japan for the PS Vita.

In the game, players choose between a male or female protagonist. The game's protagonist is a senior high school student who has loved Digimon since he/she was young. In fifth grade, he/she was the runner up of a Japanese Digimon game tournament.

The Japanese version featured two downloadable scenarios. In the first scenario, players meet Meicoomon, the cat-like Digimon that first appeared in the Digimon Adventure tri. anime. The second scenario focuses on Rina Shinomiya, a character who first appeared in the Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode Nintendo 3DS game.

Again with the digital-only nonsense Bamco? :|

Saint Seiya: Soldier's Soul & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven being digital-only this year was bad enough but THIS? Why dub it if you think the game won't sell as much as DBZ & Naruto then?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:55 am 
Luna
Luna
Sabrblade wrote:
Confirmation that the clips we've seen thus far are the finalized versions, meaning (semi-)confirmation that the Japanese music is being kept for the dub! - https://www.facebook.com/ZeltraxMillennium/posts/1477208928963379

Quote:
Hey, ELEVEN ARTS, I'm guessing this clip isn't finalized yet?

I guess this because the remixed version of BraveHeart is in the background music.
Quote:
Jesse, we wouldn't release a clip unless it was finalized. ;o)

I guess the previous word about the changed music may only refer to the new theme song in the trailer replacing Butter-Fly as the opening.

Why even bother to change the opening song then?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 683 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next