Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon for Wii
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 68 months ago
inactive
If we were to do the Outers' civilian forms, I would probably incorporate images of the Myu actresses out of costume for the designs and portraits. I already found some beautiful ones of Takagi Nao and Asami Yuhka.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:43 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
You can probably find images of alot of sailor moon cosplayers on deviantart. If you want to use them, you can just drop them a note.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 57 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Finally, the day has come. After months of planning the future of Destiny Revival, this is what I've worked so hard on for Otakon 2008 and now the Sailor Moon fan world will know just what my big "secret" was.

Introducing...
PRETTY GUARDIAN SAILOR MOON
For the Nintendo Wii

Image *Very early WIP picture*

That’s right! Destiny Revival is going mainstream by creating Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon – The Game for the Wii!
- Following the story of the live action series, play as Usagi and all of the other Sailor Senshi as they battle it out with Queen Beryl of the Dark Kingdom!
- Featuring Widescreen gameplay for up to 4 players and will use Wiimote functionality to unleash devastating special moves!

Here are a few shots from the PGSM demo.
Image Image
Image Image

Sadly, it wasn't ready for Otakon, but I did show the actual Wii engine by debuting Code Name Sailor V on the Wii for the first time to the general public. Needless to say, people were impressed that fan gaming has finally caught up with the next generation consoles. I also announced that I would have Sailor Moon S and PGSM both playable at next year's Otakon *July 17th -19th* How I'm going to do that is yet to be determined but trust me it will.

Now, go out there, tell your friends and Keep on supporting Destiny Revival!

Why use live action images for the icons, but anime style graphics for the actual characters? If it is based on PGSM, then ALL of the graphics should use 3D models who's textures are actually from photographs of the live action PGSM characters, so that when you are running around and fighting, your character will actually look like one of the live action PGSM characters.

And when you say for the Wii, would that be "home brew" game that requires a "modded" console to play? Or are you going to try to actually market the game in stores to run on REGULAR Wii consoles, so as to make it a "mainstream" game?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
@videogamer:
kungpow12345 wrote:
The parts you will require is Zelda: Twilight Princess (you can borrow a copy or use your own) and a copy of the Twilight Hack.

Basically what you need to do is check the underside of the DVD and see what the end bar code reads. When you know what the region code is, use the Twilight Hack that corresponds to that bar code save and load it on a SD in the Wii's front slot. *Warning* SD Card should ONLY be in FAT format, FAT32 will not work.

When you run the twilight hack for the first time, it'll try to load a boot.elf file. The next thing you're going to need is the Homebrew Channel installer. You can find that here. Once you install that, you can download all of the applications, emulators and media players you want. The best place to go is tehskeen and look for an application called Wii Homebrew Browser. When you download this app and load it to your Wii's front slot, you can download all of those cool apps. Eventually OpenBoR Wii will be there too. Thus, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and all of the previous Sailor Moon games I've released thus far will be playable on the Wii.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm 
inactive
videogamer wrote:
Why use live action images for the icons, but anime style graphics for the actual characters? If it is based on PGSM, then ALL of the graphics should use 3D models who's textures are actually from photographs of the live action PGSM characters, so that when you are running around and fighting, your character will actually look like one of the live action PGSM characters.

Because the project will be magnanimous enough working with pre-existing sprites from an already immensely popular Sailormoon game. Making everything from scratch requires a lot of time, as well as experience in a program that I don't have any experience with (and I doubt Kungpow does either). Heck, even editing sprites takes a lot of time. Fan made projects are meant for the amusement and involvement of the fan community, both for thpse who are building it and those who are going to play it.

If I were getting PAID full-time to make this game?? Dream job! You guys would have new stuff galore and I wouldn't bat an eyelash about spending every day in front of the computer. But video games take months, even years to complete, even fan made games. That's why so many are abandoned, even with the handy-dandy SMAS resources at the community's disposal.

That's why we're integrating the portraits of the senshi from PGSM. It's the best way to ascribe an affiliation between the series and the graphics within our current capabilities.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:54 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
Now I will buy the Wii :tongue:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 51 months ago
inactive
DodoWindam wrote:
If I were getting PAID full-time to make this game?? Dream job! You guys would have new stuff galore and I wouldn't bat an eyelash about spending every day in front of the computer. But video games take months, even years to complete, even fan made games. That's why so many are abandoned, even with the handy-dandy SMAS resources at the community's disposal.

That's why we're integrating the portraits of the senshi from PGSM. It's the best way to ascribe an affiliation between the series and the graphics within our current capabilities.

We all know that this will be a very tedious project but I will never back down on a good thing, especially Sailor Moon. I will never back down on the fans. As long as their is still support for the series in the next few years, I will continue to push on to finish the game series.

So far, we're doing very well! About to have 3 complete games under the DR belt (1 of which wasn't even intended, but I and AinoMinako just said go for it), we have the release of the OpenBoR Wii (from yours truly) coming up soon that'll truly raise support for Destiny Revival as the next few games come out and now Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon will be the absolute pinnacle of everything I could have ever achieved in Sailor Moon fan game history.

It's all thanks to you guys, the fans, the supporters, even with spriters like Meli-chan and DodoWindam here. I can't do this without your constant support and I thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:53 pm 
inactive
DodoWindam wrote:
videogamer wrote:

Because the project will be magnanimous enough working with pre-existing sprites from an already immensely popular Sailormoon game. Making everything from scratch requires a lot of time, as well as experience in a program that I don't have any experience with (and I doubt Kungpow does either). Heck, even editing sprites takes a lot of time. Fan made projects are meant for the amusement and involvement of the fan community, both for thpse who are building it and those who are going to play it.

What are "SMAS resources"?

kungpow12345 wrote:
DodoWindam wrote:

We all know that this will be a very tedious project but I will never back down on a good thing, especially Sailor Moon. I will never back down on the fans. As long as their is still support for the series in the next few years, I will continue to push on to finish the game series.

So far, we're doing very well! About to have 3 complete games under the DR belt (1 of which wasn't even intended, but I and AinoMinako just said go for it), we have the release of the OpenBoR Wii (from yours truly) coming up soon that'll truly raise support for Destiny Revival as the next few games come out and now Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon will be the absolute pinnacle of everything I could have ever achieved in Sailor Moon fan game history.

It's all thanks to you guys, the fans, the supporters, even with spriters like Meli-chan and DodoWindam here. I can't do this without your constant support and I thank you.

What is "OpenBoR Wii"?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 am 
inactive
videogamer wrote:
What are "SMAS resources"?

Sailor Moon Another Story or "SMAS" as it is referred to is the Super Nintendo RPG Classic released by Angel Studios. The resources that DodoWindam is referring to is the countless sprites that are over the net for people to use.

videogamer wrote:
What is "OpenBoR Wii"?

Open Beats of Rage or "OpenBoR" is the free source game engine that I'm using to make my Sailor Moon Destiny Revival series, in the same vein as MUGEN is used to make fighting games and RPG Maker is used to make RPG games. I have ported OpenBoR over to the Nintendo Wii through Wii Linux and it is an homebrew application in this instance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:50 am 
inactive
saturnbunny89 wrote:
@videogamer:
kungpow12345 wrote:
The parts you will require is Zelda: Twilight Princess (you can borrow a copy or use your own) and a copy of the Twilight Hack.

Basically what you need to do is check the underside of the DVD and see what the end bar code reads. When you know what the region code is, use the Twilight Hack that corresponds to that bar code save and load it on a SD in the Wii's front slot. *Warning* SD Card should ONLY be in FAT format, FAT32 will not work.

When you run the twilight hack for the first time, it'll try to load a boot.elf file. The next thing you're going to need is the Homebrew Channel installer. You can find that here. Once you install that, you can download all of the applications, emulators and media players you want. The best place to go is tehskeen and look for an application called Wii Homebrew Browser. When you download this app and load it to your Wii's front slot, you can download all of those cool apps. Eventually OpenBoR Wii will be there too. Thus, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and all of the previous Sailor Moon games I've released thus far will be playable on the Wii.

Thanks for the advice, but theres a problem. It requires loading a file that ONLY loads during FIRST BOOT of the game. But I've ALREADY run the game (Zelda:TP was the first game I had on the Wii).

So NOW how do I get the mod to run?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:11 pm 
inactive
What I did for my save file is just named it zd01.bin.bak or something like that and then applied the Twilight Hack.

But here's the good part, once you install the Homebrew Channel, you will NEVER have to perform the Twilight Hack again EVER! *You can get rid of it as far as I'm concerned*

^^ Simply have fun after that!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:57 am 
inactive
I already figured all that out (woot woot!). And I'm now running a Super Nintendo emulator on my Wii. So my wondering about "will I get to play the new PGSM on my Wii without a modchip?" is now solved. And thankfully the answer is YES I can play homebrew game on my Wii without a modchip.

Used ZeldaTP hack to put on the "Homebrew Chanel"

Now using Homebrew Chanel to play an SNES emulator on my Wii to relive the "good ol' days" of gaming

So time to BRING OUT THE GAME! I gotta play this PGSM game for myself! Sounds AWESOME!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:51 am 
inactive
videogamer wrote:
I already figured all that out (woot woot!). And I'm now running a Super Nintendo emulator on my Wii. So my wondering about "will I get to play the new PGSM on my Wii without a modchip?" is now solved. And thankfully the answer is YES I can play homebrew game on my Wii without a modchip.

Used ZeldaTP hack to put on the "Homebrew Chanel"

Now using Homebrew Chanel to play an SNES emulator on my Wii to relive the "good ol' days" of gaming

So time to BRING OUT THE GAME! I gotta play this PGSM game for myself! Sounds AWESOME!

Trust me, I've got alot of that before even attempting the Wii port, but I'm glad you figured out how to use Wii homebrew. There's new stuff coming out what seems like every day and if you use the Homebrew browser app, you can even update your installs! Neat huh?

Now that we got that stuff outta the way, it's time to continue on and make this PGSM game :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
OMG KUNGPOW THAT GAME LOOKS AMAZING

i dont have no idea how that will play on my wii if it gets released

anyways i cant belive it im glad someone upgraded the sailor moon arcade files and it made it look GREAT

Great idea that game looks awesome
i so wanna play that im dying to have a go
it looks amazing
Job Well Done also adding luna WOOT
i watched all the pgsm so it be amazing to play it

also i hope she can do moont wilightl light flash

well anyway ty for making such a great game
i cant wait to play it im so exited Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:55 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 81 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Like I said in the official Sailor V thread, I'm shooting for an October release but once I'm done with it, I'm going to focus all of my attention on Sailor Moon S. Team Guardian has the PGSM stuff all under control for now so I don't have to play puppet master lol.

All of the games are looking very very good. Sailor V, especially. :lol: It got alot of great reactions at the convention, even on the Wii.

omg if you can do gr8 graphics like that you should try making a fighting game with that style

with every sailor soilder like galazxia and the animates and all the sailor senshi and the starlights

but mabey you would plan that for the future XD
but anyway amzing job im so exited to wait for it even if its a long wait XD
also i think ill play it on the PC...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm 
inactive
In case you didn't read it before...
kungpow12345 wrote:

and here are some other consoles and handhelds to play Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on when it's released...
kungpow12345 wrote:
Right now, these are the platforms that will play PGSM "well":

Nintendo Wii (it's going to be a timed exclusive)
Playstation Portable (I used it a lot as my test console until I finished the Wii build)
Playstation 3 (Via Linux port, Ubuntu)
PC
*Xbox1

*Need to figure out how its truecolorsupport is and how good it is

Of course, to play the game on the other systems, you'll need to know how to work homebrew on them or whatever. Luckily for PC owners, in the near future, a few companies are going to make Wiimote-like controllers and I will more than likely branch my Wii controls over to the PC build of OpenBoR if the controls match up exactly with the controllers.

VenusHeart wrote:
but anyway amzing job im so exited to wait for it even if its a long wait XD
also i think ill play it on the PC...

I still think it's amazing how many people wanted a Sailor Moon Wii game and now that there's one coming out (even if it's not "official"), I've heard more and more people saying that they'd rather play it on the PC. ...I thought alot of people had the Wii ...or are people scared of performing the Twilight Hack and Homebrew Channel install? Just wondering why... Comments?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 52 months ago
inactive
Hehe.. well, hearing an "official" game come out for Wii is exciting b/c it hopefully mean "Sailor Moon is coming back in general to TV etc" whereas hearing about your game is exciting, but not everyone is fortune enough to even own a Wii... though it's exciting to be able to play it on the Wii... even just the possibilty is great, but not everyone owns one...
I as a collector of SM merchandise would probably jump at the chance to buy an official SM Wii game for collector's purposes... and with the chance that in the future I would actually buy a Wii at some point to play it as well lol...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 31 months ago
inactive
Probably because its the same game no matter what you play it on, and if someone really wants to play it with a controller, there are several joypads on the market to suit your needs.

That and they probably feel its too much trouble to get something to work on another system through homebrew applications that sometimes don't work after hours of effort.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:20 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 64 months ago
inactive
There's also the reason of budget; not everyone can afford a Wii regardless and I happen to be one of those people. Even if there is an official Wii game, I still don't think I would get it for that reason.

And another possible reason is that what's shown of this unofficial game for Wii is that it's still something that looks like it belongs on the Sega Saturn or a PC in the 1990s; it's not necessarily something that would take full advantage of the Wii's capabilities where you could spin around in a certain way as you hear either Kotono Mitsuishi's or Miyuu Sawai's voice yelling "Moon Healing Escalation!" and watch the citizens of Tokyo, in a glowing pink aura, come out from a frozen state shortly before you go after Kunzite high into the heavens... Imagine what would that look like on the Wii. I'm pretty sure something close to that was imagined by many when rumors of an official Sailormoon game for the Wii was coming out.

Compare that to--while still amazing given what you and your crew are doing--the side-scrolling beat-'em-up Sailormoon arcade of the mid-'90s updated to being a "Pretty Guardian Sailormoon" themed game. Something a slightly-outdated PC could still potentially run. And if the only way to get it is online, chances are that most (not all, but most) might ask themselves, "Why would I want to trouble myself with using money and/or time to do what's needed in order to run the game on [insert specific console here]?" It would be cheaper to run it on the PC, and if you prefer using a controller, as Chains of Fate mentioned there are several out there available for computers.

So, while it may be fun to play the game on [insert specific console here] or be more practical to pull out your [insert portable gaming console here] and play it anywhere, anytime, I'm sure most would just run the PC version. Now, I would for budgetary reasons (pretty much all of the gaming consoles--excluding PC--I do not have and might not be able to get). And of course, not exactly being a Zelda fan, even if I had the Wii, chances are Twilight Princess might not be among my collection of official Wii games.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm 
inactive
The videos of the two panels are now online:

http://powet.tv/2008/08/17/sailor-moon- ... akon-2008/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 111 months ago
inactive
Hi Kungpow!!!
I Played Your Previous Games, And I Liked Them A Lot,

This Sailor Neptune For Mugen. (Made By Yaten)

Watch Her Moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3fA0ZAxY0w

If You Like Her I Can Give You All Her Sprites, For You To Edit Her.

Can I Ask?
Do You Know M.U.G.E.N?
Because, Your Sprite Edits Are Just Amazing.

Some Coder Could Do AMAZING Chars For Mugen, If You Sprite For Him.

I Would Like To Ask You For Some Sprites To Work With... But I Don't Want You To Be Angry With Me ^_^ *
I'll Be Waiting For Your Game!

Regards!

* Are You Interested?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:40 am 
inactive
Jack Twist wrote:
Hi Kungpow!!!
I Played Your Previous Games, And I Liked Them A Lot,

This Sailor Neptune For Mugen. (Made By Yaten)

Watch Her Moves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3fA0ZAxY0w

If You Like Her I Can Give You All Her Sprites, For You To Edit Her.

Can I Ask?
Do You Know M.U.G.E.N?
Because, Your Sprite Edits Are Just Amazing.

Some Coder Could Do AMAZING Chars For Mugen, If You Sprite For Him.

I Would Like To Ask You For Some Sprites To Work With... But I Don't Want You To Be Angry With Me ^_^ *
I'll Be Waiting For Your Game!

Regards!

* Are You Interested?

Well, I would like that Neptune yes, but as far the other sprites are concerned, those are mine, Meli and Tuxedo Starr (Dodowindam)...and I would have to ask their permission before I said yes or no. Eventually I would like to make a MUGEN fighter or some degree for Sailor Moon but I'm not sure of what series yet.

I still think Sailor Moon X is a good concept that should be looked at first ^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:27 am 
inactive
:( I Don't Like The Sprites That PoshPsyloke Is Using For Sailor Moon X

I'll Send You The Sailor Neptune Sprites, But I Need Some Time Ok? But First, Wich Format Do You Prefer For The Sprites?

About The Sprites , I Just Wanted to Know If You Are Interested In MUGEN, I Was Afraid To Hear ''DON'T EVEN DREAM OF USE MY PRECIOUS SPRITES FOR THAT CRAP!!!'' But Now I Know You're a Cool Guy 8)

I'm Not A Mugen Creator Yet, But I Think Your Sprites Would Do AMAZING Chars, So If Someday You Decide To Share The Sprites For The Mugen Comunity As an Open Source, The Coders Would Give You ALL The Credit You Deserve For The Sprites.

If You Are Thinking Of Making A Mugen Character Can I Suggest You Sailor Uranus?

There are Only 6 Sailor Moon Characters For Mugen (And They Are AMAZING) Using The Arcade Game Sprites (Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, And Neptune) And It Would Be AWESOME To Have Sailor Uranus In The Team, And I Think You Could Do An Amazing Job On Her.

:wink: I'm So Glad to be helpful in Some Way In Your Game.

Take Care!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:28 am 
inactive
Well, I know I'm not you KP, but I'm if-iffy about this...

Jack, if you aren't "Yaten Kou"--the one who created the Sailorneptune character for MUGEN--then why are you freely distributing permission of usage of YK's sprites as if you are him? I don't understand.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:48 am 
inactive
Siroh32 wrote:
Well, I know I'm not you KP, but I'm if-iffy about this...

Jack, if you aren't "Yaten Kou"--the one who created the Sailorneptune character for MUGEN--then why are you freely distributing permission of usage of YK's sprites as if you are him? I don't understand.

Yaten's Mugen Site Have Been Closed Some Time Ago, So I Don't Seem To Find Him, At Least Let's Give Him Some Credit For The Char :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 am 
inactive
I will agree that should they be used, credit should at least be given. But my point remains: Why are you distributing permission? Yes, we don't know what YK would deem permissible as to usage of his material, but if they are to be used, shouldn't there be some effort first to see if he can be contacted; to know from YK how he would handle usage of his material and--in this case--if he would approve such material?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 am 
inactive
I've already started working on some Outers arcade edits :) it's kind of my own personal challenge after seeing how well Yaten's Neptune turned out

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:41 am 
inactive
DodoWindam wrote:
I've already started working on some Outers arcade edits :) it's kind of my own personal challenge after seeing how well Yaten's Neptune turned out

Cool!!!

By The Way, What Do You Think I'ts Better For The Game, I Mean Sailor Saturn as Adult (As seen At The Ens Os sailor Moon S) Or As Child?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:47 am 
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
Trust me, I've got alot of that before even attempting the Wii port, but I'm glad you figured out how to use Wii homebrew. There's new stuff coming out what seems like every day and if you use the Homebrew browser app, you can even update your installs! Neat huh?

Now that we got that stuff outta the way, it's time to continue on and make this PGSM game :)

And from the artist standpoint--not to mention the sheer volume of sprite editing there is to be done. The good news is I have some Sailormercury and SailorV done.

General question if anyone would like to voice an opinion, should SailorLuna be a playable character or a bonus (kind of like a Tuxedo kamen cameo appearance equivalent)?

Unless Kungp has ideas of his own he hasn't voiced to me yet, but I'd crack a code like a rotten egg. Messy, odorous, and no one would want to clean it up...He can handle that...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:52 am 
inactive
Jack Twist wrote:
By The Way, What Do You Think I'ts Better For The Game, I Mean Sailor Saturn as Adult (As seen At The Ens Os sailor Moon S) Or As Child?

Saturn always was younger than her fellow Senshi, even though she aged slightly in physical form during her transformation (citing the manga, a la Chibiusa-chan). My Saturn is slightly younger/shorter than her counterparts. I think it looks the best, personally, since we never really see her look quite as mature as the others (I think she's about a year or two younger than the Inners at the end of S even).

Your enthusiasm is much appreciated, Jack. :) I can't promise anything soon or right now, but maybe I can let you see what I'm working on and if you feel you can use it in MUGEN, maybe we can negotiate something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next