* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sailormoon S Famicom Tutorial
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:41 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
8) =^_^= 8)

Post subject: Re: Sailormoon S Famicom Tutorial
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Hey guys,

I was just wandering through my Youtube analytics and saw that a couple of views came from here for this video. Thanks for the link!

I hope anyone interested in playing this gets something out of the video beyond just button mashing a fighter, because IMO this is the most interesting Sailor Moon video game out there. I play a load of fighters so I may be biased though.

If you guys have any questions beyond what I put into the video, please ask here. I'll keep monitoring this site/thread.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:26 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
It's an amazing yet simple fighting game. 8)

I played it as much as Street Fighter Alpha 2 back in the 90's. It was a great time to be a 90's kid. ^_^

I'm actually planning on making a mugen game inspired from this and replacing the graphics with the arcade game. =^_^=

I'm actually quite surprised there's still interest in the fighting game community to play this game at EVO even to this day. I remember posting an interview video of Yipes (I think) mentioning he'll play :mihiru: if there's a tournament in EVO.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Yeah, I talked to Yipes last year and he was down for it. But we didn't have a setup that I saw anywhere.

The thing is, I'm purchasing some Un☹ed UD-USB decoders for my SNES, and found a schematic to roll your own SNES pad.

With that schematic + the decoders, I will have a SNES that will accept modern USB sticks and pads so people can use what they are used to. I'm also bringing this to Evo 2018, so there will be a setup there and I intend to run a tournament of this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Are you guys planning on a livestream or a recording of the matches on twitch or youtube?

And will the matches have the regular input commands by default or the beginner/easy mode?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:55 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
There will definitely be livestreams. We will also be trying to livestream from Toronto weekly tournaments as well as the scene here is starting to investigate the game. I will also archive matches on my channel on Youtube

I've also discovered that Dolphin has online play for this game and will be showing how to set that up in another tutorial. I plan on doing online casuals on my twitch (http://twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk) and am considering doing an online tournament or two for it.