Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beat-em-up games besides SM and SMR?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:30 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm really in the mood for a beat-em-up game but I've gone through SM and SMR for Super Nintendo countless times. Is there anything else out there?

Post subject: Re: Beat-em-up games besides SM and SMR?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:54 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There's the genesis, arcade and fan made ones.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:57 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
rgveda99 wrote:
There's the genesis, arcade and fan made ones.

fan made, you say? go on...

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Here are the ones from Destiny Revival.

http://destinyrevival.sailormoon.cc/games

I would recommend you play with a friend with the Sailor V game. That one is insanely difficult.

There's one by Kles but its still work in progress. Darcuran has released 2 which you can try searching in this subsection. Mrgrill also has made a beta which is in this area also.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:12 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
So how are you liking the fan made beat em ups?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:10 pm 
Luna
Luna
rgveda99 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not very impressed by Destiny Revival so far. They don't feel very different from the original, the voice acting isn't all too great, and projectiles are near impossible to use. Mostly I'm disappointed cause I was hoping for better graphics. But then again, amazing graphics don't exactly exist in the SM video game world.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:31 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
flockapowpow wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not very impressed by Destiny Revival so far. They don't feel very different from the original, the voice acting isn't all too great, and projectiles are near impossible to use. Mostly I'm disappointed cause I was hoping for better graphics. But then again, amazing graphics don't exactly exist in the SM video game world.

There's the arcade game. You can just use a Mame emulator for that.

MrGrill made a beta for it but its link is megaupload(which unfortunately is a dead link) and he says that his computer crashed.

Kles is still WIP.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=16291&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So you'll just have to wait for a better looking game.

You can try Darcuran if you like a crossover of evil version's of Winnie the Pooh vs :usagi:.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17588

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
I will upload a second demo with Sailor Mercury as a second playable character sometime this week.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Mrgrill247 wrote:
I will upload a second demo with Sailor Mercury as a second playable character sometime this week.

Thats cool :tuxspeedomask:

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 37 months ago
inactive
Just pick up the Genesis version if only for the infamous elevator level. How can anyone not like rebreakable glass to throw youma through?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:03 am 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
Mrgrill247 wrote:

Thats cool :tuxspeedomask:

Link removed. Will reupload better version when it is fixed.

Last edited by Mrgrill247 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 49 months ago
inactive
flockapowpow wrote:
rgveda99 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in Destiny Revival. Granted, Sailor Moon Plus and Sailor Moon R were very limited at the time due to OpenBoR, the engine I was using, but we were trying to stay in the realm of the original game by expanding on the original stories and adding things back in that Bandai missed. All of our voice overs were done either by myself or volunteers. As we got to the later games in the series, we shifted roles around that would best suit us all. When we got to Code Name: Sailor V, you can see that there was an increase of what we could do as modders. For instance, the addition of running, running attacks, the rolling dodge and a weapons system for Katarina were implemented. Katarina and Sailor V themselves were not in any Sailor Moon game at the time so that was big for us.

I've been keeping this a secret but Meli and I also with former members of the original Destiny Revival team are still working on our 'definitive version' of the first beat 'em up game, Sailor Moon Classic. It's taken much longer than expected but it is much closer to release and it will be released within the next few weeks. It's in the middle of beta testing now to iron out anything that might hinder gameplay. From what I've been told so far, this is by far our most balanced game ever.

I too offer Mr.Grill, Kles and Darcuran's games as an alternative to our game series as we're all trying to do the same thing and that's to bring the beat 'em up genre back to Sailor Moon as it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:11 am 
Luna
Luna
kungpow12345 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed in Destiny Revival. Granted, Sailor Moon Plus and Sailor Moon R were very limited at the time due to OpenBoR, the engine I was using, but we were trying to stay in the realm of the original game by expanding on the original stories and adding things back in that Bandai missed. All of our voice overs were done either by myself or volunteers. As we got to the later games in the series, we shifted roles around that would best suit us all. When we got to Code Name: Sailor V, you can see that there was an increase of what we could do as modders. For instance, the addition of running, running attacks, the rolling dodge and a weapons system for Katarina were implemented. Katarina and Sailor V themselves were not in any Sailor Moon game at the time so that was big for us.

I've been keeping this a secret but Meli and I also with former members of the original Destiny Revival team are still working on our 'definitive version' of the first beat 'em up game, Sailor Moon Classic. It's taken much longer than expected but it is much closer to release and it will be released within the next few weeks. It's in the middle of beta testing now to iron out anything that might hinder gameplay. From what I've been told so far, this is by far our most balanced game ever.

I too offer Mr.Grill, Kles and Darcuran's games as an alternative to our game series as we're all trying to do the same thing and that's to bring the beat 'em up genre back to Sailor Moon as it should be.

I can't let it go unsaid that I really appreciate both games. I can tell that ALOT of work was put into them. I think it's also super awesome that you're contributing to the SM community! That's more than I can say about myself. I'd like to thank you for helping to keep the SM video game world alive. Let it be known that I hold a lot of respect for the creators of the project, despite that I didn't quite enjoy the games. I haven't given Sailor V a shot though, I'll tackle that next. Are there any similarities to the Sailor V manga or is it based solely from the anime?

As for the new definitive version, I'll make sure to try it out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 am 
inactive
flockapowpow wrote:
I haven't given Sailor V a shot though, I'll tackle that next. Are there any similarities to the Sailor V manga or is it based solely from the anime?

Not to give away many story elements, but Code Name: Sailor V covers the major sections of the manga, including the Dark Agency and we also bring a gap between the manga and the anime (where we see both Sailor V and Katarina). The game goes more into their partnership together as crime fighters and their friendship together. The game's locals themselves takes a different tone because we wanted to compare the Dark Agency to a gang or mafia like crime group. I can say that the end of the game brings the more traditional Sailor Moon tones back to the game.

I also appreciate your kind words about the dedication of the previous games and the overall concept that I'm providing to the SM Community. Even when our team finishes work on Sailor Moon Classic, we will still be a part of the community, helping out when and where we can.

We just want to bring great games to the SM Community and it's definitely been a great couple of years doing so.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Mrgrill247 wrote:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2588041718/Sailormoon_Openborv3_Build_3342_06.01.2012.rar

Anybody having problems with rapidshare?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:52 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
I just tried it :) The game shut down during the combat with bandana :( (both with moon and mercury) It didn't happen to me in the previous demos.
The game seems fine so far :happy: Anyway what kind of attack is the moon ball?? :lol:
Maybe I'd change the use of the crystals :) It's a bit frustrating to accumulate crystals only to have one magic shot. It'd be fine to have some magic attacks to use without crystals. Only some personal advices... :) I like the game ^_^
kungpow12345 wrote:
I've been keeping this a secret but Meli and I also with former members of the original Destiny Revival team are still working on our 'definitive version' of the first beat 'em up game, Sailor Moon Classic.

Really??? that's good :) :) Style and sprites are similar to the others destiny revival games? Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
BlueShadow wrote:
I just tried it :) The game shut down during the combat with bandana :( (both with moon and mercury) It didn't happen to me in the previous demos.
The game seems fine so far :happy: Anyway what kind of attack is the moon ball?? :rantipole:
Maybe I'd change the use of the crystals :) It's a bit frustrating to accumulate crystals only to have one magic shot. It'd be fine to have some magic attacks to use without crystals. Only some personal advices... :) I like the game ^_^

Your lucky. I already have 2 friend in the US and 1 in Dubai try to download it and unfortunately rapidshare sucks. ☹ SOPA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
Mrgrill247 wrote:

I just tried it, had the same probem, game closes suddenly during Bandana fight.

A little question about Mercury, she doesn't have any free specials besides dodge? Maybe like Moon's moon ball, she should have some free special. Also I can't use her Shabon spray freezing (down up special), how do you do that? I tried down,up+F/S. Nothing.

And dying really wastes the crystals. I had collected three then died once and then only had one left.

And since the demo crashed early, can't say much about gameplay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
kungpow12345 wrote:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2588041718 ... 1.2012.rar

Got the same problem in the fight with Bandana, the game just suddenly crashes.
Also, still got the old problem, launching the special attack because of that Down + Right & immediate attack I talked about in the last demo P-:

Anyway i'm playing it again as soon as this bug is fixed. Keep up the good work !

Sorry about the silence on my game btw, since there's nothing much to say as i'm STILL working a lot on "details".
Also... Recently I pouted a lot about GM only to discover that some of my problems were actually solvable with some 'not commonly used' functions, meh...
I still want to fix several things before uploading a demo.
Anyway I'm not giving up on coding that game with that software ! Don't worry.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:45 pm 
inactive
We will have to check that bug out. That is weird..

Kles wrote:
kungpow12345 wrote:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2588041718 ... 1.2012.rar

Got the same problem in the fight with Bandana, the game just suddenly crashes.
Also, still got the old problem, launching the special attack because of that Down + Right & immediate attack I talked about in the last demo P-:

Anyway i'm playing it again as soon as this bug is fixed. Keep up the good work !

Sorry about the silence on my game btw, since there's nothing much to say as i'm STILL working a lot on "details".
Also... Recently I pouted a lot about GM only to discover that some of my problems were actually solvable with some 'not commonly used' functions, meh...
I still want to fix several things before uploading a demo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:51 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Mrgrill247 wrote:
We will have to check that bug out. That is weird..

Could you also upload it to a secondary file sharing site? Rapidshare for some reason isn't working for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm 
inactive
@rgveda: Have you tried with a proxy site? Like newipnow.com ? then you insert the link you want to visit...

Kles wrote:

I'm counting on it :happy: How's the game progress?? Please don't start rewriting the whole thing with the new GM functions... :P you're a perfectionist ;) they've release the new game maker studio in these days anyway... reeeeeeally cheap :mischief:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 10 months ago
inactive
BlueShadow wrote:
I'm counting on it :happy: How's the game progress?? Please don't start rewriting the whole thing with the new GM functions... :P you're a perfectionist ;) they've release the new game maker studio in these days anyway... reeeeeeally cheap :mischief:

Oh, hum... work aside, I did actually rewrite the whole thing because even if my previous code worked like I wanted it to, it was too much hard and time consuming to import new characters/sprites because of how it was coded...
Besides I wanted to try all available solutions, only to make sure that the current one was indeed the one I want for the final game.
Well, let's say that I didn't want to left any doubt behind.. (and working on the graphics is actually REALLY time consuming)

I won't be using the new GM btw, it's new but it's still a GM. I'd rather use something like C++ or even Java next time, more possibilities.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 pm 
inactive
Good luck for everything! I'm really looking forward your game ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:53 am 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Guys anyone got some heads up for the Sailor V game? Because at the first level it looks like I can only use my attack one and it's combinations: running and jumping kick. so my only options are running like a madman hoping that my enemies will align themselves along a line. Also I know that the chain and the boomerang.

My attacks 2-4 aren't working, no idea what to do against the pistol wielders.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 am 
inactive
if your up for a final fantasy like game, there is sailor moon: another story for the SNES but you can only play it if you have an snes emulator and find the english translation to that game

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:22 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 5 months ago
inactive
boromonokli wrote:
Guys anyone got some heads up for the Sailor V game? Because at the first level it looks like I can only use my attack one and it's combinations: running and jumping kick. so my only options are running like a madman hoping that my enemies will align themselves along a line. Also I know that the chain and the boomerang.

I've played through the game, and it's very cheap. Oftentimes, the only way I can actually win is to spam the life-draining special attack since all my other attacks get cut off. Plus, V has horrid punching range (Katarina's club offers safer reach) and the throw attack is useless since the enemy gets tossed too high for it to do any good in controlling crowds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Maetch wrote:
boromonokli wrote:

I've played through the game, and it's very cheap. Oftentimes, the only way I can actually win is to spam the life-draining special attack since all my other attacks get cut off. Plus, V has horrid punching range (Katarina's club offers safer reach) and the throw attack is useless since the enemy gets tossed too high for it to do any good in controlling crowds.

I like the adrenaline action this game provides but the bosses are extremely tough.

I always use Katarina for the first boss. My usual tactic with some of the bosses is to keep away from them and use the projectiles. Doesn't work for everyone though. I hate fighting Bedrine.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 60 months ago
inactive
Quote:
I like the adrenaline action this game provides but the bosses are extremely tough.

I always use Katarina for the first boss. My usual tactic with some of the bosses is to keep away from them and use the projectiles. Doesn't work for everyone though. I hate fighting Bedrine.

Enemies in Open Bor have a stupid feature scoring players while they are at the end of the screen. In that game against the kungpow12345 is not implemented on the counterattack, allowing scatter enemies when standing up. This is still flashing on rising to avoid confounding subsequent strokes. Well, it is up to Sailor V a complex but this complexity is made the standard engine Open Bor. Along with this game looks not with the complexity of quality, and the terrible complexity. :confused:
At the moment I am struggling with this at their own game. I'm trying to make enemies, bosses and less stringent with respect to the player. A player with a great evasion techniques for preventing attacks.
Alternatively a simple but angry the game - who threw a lot of add-attack techniques, if take out the enemies in close combat, and when standing up to them to add a counterattack. ;)
The game is simple Mrgrill247 in this, as I suspect that half the work done Bloodbane. This is evident in the qualitative methods of enemies and the player. But does Bloodbane aspect of the destruction of the player, rather than for some moments of attacking enemies. He had several such similar games, where it forces the player to suffer :confused: .
I would not want it to be in current games :confused: . I did this I correct in his, as my same problem in general. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:17 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 60 months ago
inactive
Corrected ;) . Onibandana now works :cool: . It also set up another control and removed the excess - the screenshots. Everything else was looking, so the rest on the conscience of the Mrgrill247. ;)

http://narod.ru/disk/57431040001.543e15 ... 2.rar.html