Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: SM Arcade sprite editing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:35 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not sure if its supposed to be for the videogame section but I need feedback and criticism whether good, bad or needs improvement since I'm planning on making a fighting game. And not everyone goes to the videogame section.

What I did is just frankenspriting. Kind of like playing with legos only with video game sprites.

Did a new animation for Venus' blocking

I didn't like the new animation for bubble spray cause she was floating.

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: SM Arcade sprite editing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:32 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 54 months ago
inactive
Nice. I now want to Incorporate these into my Mugen Characters.

Anymore planed? You have peaked my interest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Roman55 wrote:
Nice. I now want to Incorporate these into my Mugen Characters.

Anymore planed? You have peaked my interest.

Glad to know your planning on using arcade sprites. :cool:

I'm currently doing Venus' crouching attacks. Most of these sailors are soooooooo lacking in ground base moves so those are kind of my priority.

The new images are highligted in red. I was having trouble with the middle and right sprites cause I couldn't decide what should be the length for it. I'll try making some more within the week. It's fun frankenspriting. It feels like I'm playing with legos.

Hopefully with time and practice I can be able to edit complicated sprites.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:14 pm 
inactive
Are you planing on doing things to their stun animations? The original ones are kinda weird, what with them falling on the ground.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Roman55 wrote:
Are you planing on doing things to their stun animations? The original ones are kinda weird, what with them falling on the ground.

I think I need to just show you a pic.

Are you referring to the one they get hit from the back, front or grabbed ?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82 ... 9/stun.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Wow. These look pretty good! Keep it up! ^^

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:08 pm 
inactive
rgveda99 wrote:
Roman55 wrote:

I think I need to just show you a pic.

Are you referring to the one they get hit from the back, front or grabbed ?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82 ... 9/stun.png

The front. That's the one on the top row right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:30 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Roman55 wrote:
The front. That's the one on the top row right?

Yup.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. But I think those need at least 1 or 2 more sprites where they hit the ground on contact and then bounce again. That's for the falling part. The one's where their still standing needs at least 2 more sprite animation.

I'll see what I can do but I'll need to focus on the crouching attacks. Some fighting games(snes era) have only 1 stun frame and don't even have a hit in the stomach sprite. If you've played Bleach for the DS they lack stun animations.

Sawaii wrote:
Wow. These look pretty good! Keep it up! ^^

Thanks. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:04 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 26 months ago
inactive
Sarakura version of Sailormoon and company has crouching attacks and stun. You should check it out. I'm always game for seeing new edits. What I would love to see is alternate attack moves based on an episode.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:21 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Got new animations for Jupiter's hard crouching kick (with the last frame taking only less than 5 minutes), a new standing hard punch and her Lightning Strike base on SMJR which was the most difficult one cause there's so many ways to place the arm. So I decided to make lots for the standing hard punch and Lightning Strike. I personally think the Lightning Strike on the top right is the best one I made.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:36 pm 
inactive
Jupiter's hard crouching kick looks nicely done. Can't wait to add this! Would it be possible to see an animation for Sailor Jupiter as she walks and carry a foe over her head?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Mrgrill247 wrote:
Jupiter's hard crouching kick looks nicely done. Can't wait to add this! Would it be possible to see an animation for Sailor Jupiter as she walks and carry a foe over her head?

I'll see what I can do. I'm having trouble with Mars. Her sprite sets aren't that friendly to crouching attacks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 am 
inactive
You are getting greater with each pic! Good luck with Mars dude (don't feel offended....I call everybody a dude.)!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 pm 
inactive
I have a request that sounds fun. Oniwabandana! How about all new attacks edit to resemble the ninja far from Shinobi?
I can upload all of the sprites I alligned if it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:07 pm 
You are very skilled.
I think some these new sprites might be very useful to anyone willing to work on the outer senshi.
Jupiter's crouching kick could suit beautifully for Sailor Uranus =^_^=

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm 
inactive
Arcade edit Sailor Pluto sure needs some moves.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Guest wrote:
You are very skilled.
I think some these new sprites might be very useful to anyone willing to work on the outer senshi.
Jupiter's crouching kick could suit beautifully for Sailor Uranus =^_^=

Thanks. :keke: :keke: :keke:
What a shame this one got dropped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gW2MtwzAQ

Mrgrill247 wrote:
I have a request that sounds fun. Oniwabandana! How about all new attacks edit to resemble the ninja far from Shinobi?
I can upload all of the sprites I alligned if it helps.

Can I see the Shinobi moves you want?

Mrgrill247 wrote:
Arcade edit Sailor Pluto sure needs some moves.

I have them ripped already but I need to put it one big file. Charzynee enlarged it a little so she looks a little pixely.

Edit:
Mars is giving me a difficult time with her sprites. I'm trying to do her ground spinning kick in the beat em up R game. In fact I've got 2 versions for it. I'm almost done with the first one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:00 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Here's Jupiter. I don't think I can do the sprite with both hands as my skills in spriting isn't advance yet. I'm hoping this will work. Another thing is I haven't tried animating this yet so I decided to put her raised arm in case you or anybody needs to edit it.

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx82 ... alking.png

Here's the R spinning kick that gave me the most trouble but I think it's worth it.

Last is her kicks and possibly an aerial Burning Mandala. First one at the top left is her close Knee Bash. I've edited her shoe as to make it look like she's stepping the ground. But I don't think its that noticeable. The next image in the middle is almost the same but I think it can either function as Sagat's Tiger Knee or a regular aerial attack or like Guile's knee bash. The top right sprite is possibly an air Burning Mandala. The one at the bottom is a launcher or an uppercut.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:33 am 
inactive
Thanks for the edits. Jupiter going to be the first Senshi to toss items! Do you think you could have Onwabadana do something similar like this.

Attachments:
ros_jmusashi_fushin.gif
ros_jmusashi_fushin.gif [ 2.4 KiB | Viewed 22176 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:31 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Mrgrill247 wrote:
Thanks for the edits. Jupiter going to be the first Senshi to toss items! Do you think you could have Onwabadana do something similar like this.

Here it is. I hope I did good. The last one on the right was also an edit I didn't get to use but it does look like she's blocking. The 2nd one from the right was my attempt to make the pose look like the last frame from shinobi.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm 
inactive
That is nice. Anything planed for Venus?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Roman55 wrote:
That is nice. Anything planed for Venus?

Hmmm. I'm not satisfied with some of Mars sprite edits I made. Some of her arms/legs are too long. But I could always go back to it. I'm guessing I should move forward and fixed/or perfect it later than waste more time on just one specific move that looks good already. I think people would only noticed the flaws if they pause the game. Even Banpresto's sprites have flaws. I used to do that a lot in SF2 and SM Jougai Rantou for the snes.

I feel tired today. I slept more than 9 hours. Anyway I do have plans for Venus with that unused Crescent Beam move. Like Mercury she's floating. It looks good as a super but not as a regular special move.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Here's some new stuff for Venus. The top frames are just to show you what Venus Love and Beauty Shock used to look like. After the 4 first sprites she can now make her turn around and use the ones in the middle. I've put a rectangle on the frames that you can possibly use for the last 2 frames since there's so many ways to end the animation.

The one at the bottom is just a low crouching kick I forgot to finish which is the one at the right. I think it can be used as a slide too. I'll have to animate the hair. Maybe next time. Love and Beauty Shock took like 3 or 4 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm 
inactive
Your on fire! These edits are pure eye candy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
So what do you think of the new Mercury Aqua Rhapsody? Sorry if its a little disorganize. The middle part is the start of the animation for the 1st three frames. You can replace it with the top sprites(which I added later cause I wasn't satisfied at how the first three frames were made).

And I forgot the put the last frame for Bubble Spray(without her hair and collar being blown away) so I added it here too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:55 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
Did a regular crescent beam where Venus isn't floating.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:04 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
New crouching moves for Mars.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
it all looks really good, but on the first three mars stills the one calf has some kind of weird banding on her leg. the hilights and shading look a too dark?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:40 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
ToketsuPuurin wrote:
it all looks really good, but on the first three mars stills the one calf has some kind of weird banding on her leg. the hilights and shading look a too dark?

Thanks for noticing my errors.

I hope these are better. Forgot the crouching block too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:15 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
For the crouching block, I think the 2nd from the right is more suitable. But you have to make left arm kinda toward her face. The most right looks a little too straight & perfectly balanced for a block. IMO. But then the 2nd from the right is a little like she's about to fall over either. Something in between would be most perfect I think.

Sorry if I'm babbling something not understandable ;p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next