Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lost Sailor Moon fanfic from early 2000's! Beautiful story!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:27 am 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Hi everybody! I'm looking for a lost Sailor Moon fanfic from the early 2000’s. The details are hazy and this is probably a lost cause, but it's been tugging at my heart strings and I thought posting it here would be worth a shot.

So this is what I remember from the story: Each sailor scout princess was living on her own planet with her family, and they could travel to visit each other using the portals between planets. The main storyline I remember is that of the princess of Venus (Mina). I think this is what happened: Mina married a man (the king? willingly or unwillingly? I have no idea) who had a son that was Mina’s age, and the son was upset that he was as old as his stepmom (Mina). I distinctly remember the boy being upset that Mina was the same age as him. I also think the direction of the story was that Mina and this boy would end up together <3. I remember Mina walking through the planet Venus and it was so beautiful and floral...

I remember that the whole story was really sweet, Mina and the girls were really sweet and there was no sassy dialogue between them. The fanfic genre was romance. I actually don’t remember if Mina was called Mina or Minako or Venus or another name.

I was reading this in June 2005 when I was 12 years old. I don’t think it was on fanfiction.net - it was on its own beautiful website accompanied with beautiful Sailor Moon pictures. After a few months I somehow lost the link to it and was never able to find it again. Or, I may have gone back to that url only to find that the website was gone or the story was taken down, but I’m honestly not sure >.<

That was the first and only fan fiction I've ever read </3

Post subject: Re: Lost Sailor Moon fanfic from early 2000's! Beautiful story!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
This sounds interesting, I've never heard of it though.

You might have more luck trying to remember the name of the website it was on (not the URL, just the name) and try to see if it's backed up in the WayBack Machine, which keeps records of old websites.

#BlueLivesMatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membership
Thanks John! :) Started googling the Wayback Machine and got hit with a wave of nostalgia. Geocities! Castle In the Sky! Angelfire! I had completely forgotten about those sites until now... what I wouldn't give to go back to that era. Where the heck did everything go?! I've missed out on so many changes to the Sailor Moon internet in the last 12 years!

It looks like I could start by going through these gems, which seem to have kept a running list of fan sites through the years. Even so, the chances of finding this particular story seem pretty daunting. My 12-year-old self can't remember for the life of me if the fan fiction I'm looking for was on geocities or another domain. I remember the story wasn't posted all on one page. A few paragraphs were posted on each page (the paragraphs were in a bordered textbox and the web page had a pretty background) and you'd have to click the "next" arrow to go to the next page of the story (same web page background/style, new paragraphs). I've tried using google to narrow down my search, but even doing a search like ["sailor moon" "venus" "king" "stepmom"] could be faulty because what if the fanfic didn't actually use the words stepmother or stepmom? There's just so many ways this search could end up fruitless >.< My best bet is if somebody out there (somebody! anybody!) recognizes that particular detail, as it's a pretty strong one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sailormoon/com ... m-comments
http://www.fanhistory.com/wiki/Category ... _Geocities
http://www.moon-chronicles.com/links.php
https://www.kuropixel.com/geocities-sites/

Thanks again for the suggestion. I will definitely be pouring over it desperately in the coming weeks hahaha :keke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:33 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Have you had any luck finding this fanfic?

PS, try Neocities if you're in the mood for old-school, retro-style fan sites. :)

#BlueLivesMatter