* Rss  * Register
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How did Chibiusa know Usagi had the crystal when she met her
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:47 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
How did Chibiusa know Usagi had they silver crystal when she first met her if she didn't know she was Sailor Moon or her mother for that matter?

Post subject: Re: How did Chibiusa know Usagi had the crystal when she met her
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:50 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
my guess is because the future crystal was inside of her she could somehow sense Usagi had the Crystal

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:51 am 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
recognized her hairstyle probably from stories about sailor moon and assumed she'd have it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:05 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I believe Chibiusa becomes suspicious after realizing she shares Usagi's name.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:35 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
Also why did Chibiusa appear WHERE she appeared?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:27 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Didn't Pluto give her the time key? I assumed Pluto said "Bt dubs Small Lady a girl with hair just like your mom who looks just like your mom Usagi Tsukino has the silver crystal take this time key and it will send you to her exact location in 20th Century Tokyo at June 26,1993 on 3pm

Post subject: ep. 60 - Chibiusa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:07 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Months of membershipMonths of membership
When big Usagi introduces herself to Chibiusa as Tsukino Usagi, Chibiusa says something like "If you are Tsukino Usagi then you should have the Ginzuishou.".
Question: how come Chibiusa knows that Tsukino Usagi posesses the Ginzuishou, but doesn't know that she's her mother?

Attachments:
Sailor_Moon_R_s02_e14_(60).avi_snapshot_05.08_[2017.09.20_00.04.11].jpg
Sailor_Moon_R_s02_e14_(60).avi_snapshot_05.08_[2017.09.20_00.04.11].jpg [ 57.95 KiB | Viewed 1099 times ]

Post subject: Re: ep. 60 - Chibiusa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:27 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
:D

Attachments:
Sailor_Moon_R_s02_e14_(60).avi_snapshot_15.48_[2017.09.20_00.21.27].jpg
Sailor_Moon_R_s02_e14_(60).avi_snapshot_15.48_[2017.09.20_00.21.27].jpg [ 69.25 KiB | Viewed 1084 times ]

Post subject: Re: ep. 60 - Chibiusa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:21 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: Married to Litacan
Gunslinger wrote:
When big Usagi introduces herself to Chibiusa as Tsukino Usagi, Chibiusa says something like "If you are Tsukino Usagi then you should have the Ginzuishou.".
Question: how come Chibiusa knows that Tsukino Usagi posesses the Ginzuishou, but doesn't know that she's her mother?

That's a very good question, one I doubt there is any good answer to. The closest idea I can come up with is that Chibiusa could only recognize Usagi by name, which is why she reacted the way that she did. However the major problem with that theory is that Chibiusa is actually quite intelligent and she has demonstrated that a few times. Honestly I think that's the best possible way to explain it even though I'll admit it's very flimsy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Merged threads.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I guess the only explanation I have is that maybe Chibiusa didn't know that Sailor Moon and Usagi were also her mother Neo Queen Serenity. Either that or maybe since Usagi was more immature and less motherly back then there was some cognitive dissonance and Chibiusa did not quite reconcile the fact that she was her mother yet. Which all though Usagi has mature quite a bit by the time she is Neo Queen Serenity she still has her moments of immaturity such as her playing hooky on important state matters.

I would love it if Sabrblade or Lunar Archivist could give a response as those two are one of the most well informed fans of Sailor Moon and usually are able to hash out questions of these sorts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membership
Most realistic answer: the anime writers had no idea Naoko planned on having Chibiusa know Usagi's identity as Sailor Moon and NQS at the time.
Other answer: Chibiusa can't put two and two together :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
In the DiC dub, Rini initially suspects that Serena is her mother, but then because Serena is mean to her, she convinces herself that her mother must be someone else.

It's = It Is. Its = Possessive form of It.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:16 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Isn't it implied that Chibiusa is somewhat sheltered? I got the impression she didn't know much about Sailor Moon, other than the fact she was a "legendary warrior". It wouldn't surprise me if she was completely unaware of the true identities of the four Sailor Soldiers, or that her mother was Sailor Moon. She probably only knew little bits of information, and might've assumed Usagi was one of her ancestors, not her actual mother.

Though realistically speaking, it's mostly sloppy writing on the anime staff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Umino wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if she was completely unaware of the true identities of the four Sailor Soldiers

She actually was. In ep.72 she was really surprised to see girls henshin into Sailor Senshi.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:14 am 
Stella
Stella
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My guess is that maybe she didn't know that Usagi, Sailor Moon and her mother were the same person. After all she didn't suspect Usagi's friends were the Inners either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membership
Maybe while she was in the future, Chibiusa heard that a woman named Usagi Tsukino possessed the Silver Crystal, and since Usagi was only called NQS, or your highness in the future, that could explain why Chibiusa didn't recognize the name as her mother's.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 pm 
Stella
Stella
Cierra Moon wrote:
Maybe while she was in the future, Chibiusa heard that a woman named Usagi Tsukino possessed the Silver Crystal, and since Usagi was only called NQS, or your highness in the future, that could explain why Chibiusa didn't recognize the name as her mother's.

Yeah that sounds about right.