It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Japanese girls looking like rei hino
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:34 pm 
Lapis Lunaris
Lapis Lunaris
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
hey
I wonder if there is any Japanese Japanese girls looking like sailor Mars that would been so cool

Post subject: Re: Japanese girls looking like rei hino
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:43 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Kitagawa Keiko (PGSM Rei) might look like her. :lol:

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
Keiko Kitagawa apparently claimed once she was Rei Hino?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Clow wrote:
Keiko Kitagawa apparently claimed once she was Rei Hino?

I don't recall that - I might've forgotten, tho. :confused:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
As I have Stated before Rei (especially rei in the manga) would look like Chisato Moritaka

Attachments:
067BB6E3-C701-4296-9249-9F7BF1ADD5C7.jpeg
067BB6E3-C701-4296-9249-9F7BF1ADD5C7.jpeg [ 32.28 KiB | Viewed 1251 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:22 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ I also like this veteran idol, who can also really sing & play musical instruments, unlike many idols these days.

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Months of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membershipMonths of membership
Other: The Rei-volution
DREWdesu wrote:
As I have Stated before Rei (especially rei in the manga) would look like Chisato Moritaka

https://twitter.com/redblade84

Commander-in-Chief of the :rei:volution

Inventor of Chibi Chibi Latin - Learn it here

YKYWTMSMW Compilation Book & Fortunes for Linux: https://github.com/redblade7/smtoomuch/releases

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 am 
Stella
Stella
Wow Chisato Moritaka really does look like Rei especially in their Idol outfits.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:04 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I always though that Dove Cameron would be perfect for an American version of Rei.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:20 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
^ So she could play a Catholic nun in Sailor Rangers? :lol:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
^That made my day, Rika!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm 
Stella
Stella
I don't know I always felt that if there was an American version that Rei should be played by an Asian person and be Japanese so as to keep her Shinto ties. The rest of the Senshi can be any other race but I always felt that Rei should be Japanese.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:17 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
MariaTenebre wrote:
I don't know I always felt that if there was an American version that Rei should be played by an Asian person and be Japanese so as to keep her Shinto ties. The rest of the Senshi can be any other race but I always felt that Rei should be Japanese.

They could cast a Japanese/Asian American for the role. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:26 pm 
Luna
Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:

I mostly suggested Dove as a troll post, and I agree with your post but I see something else to it, but wouldn't that sort of provide racist implications of tokenism that way? Depending on how its done (but I have no faith in Hollywood to be respectful to other cultures).
Like "a Japanese girl, she HAS to be into Shinto/a shrine maiden" trope.

I would probably rather a Japanese adaptation, or if an American adaptation would be made I'd want for the basic plot elements to be kept but the Sailors themselves to be different characters other than Rei, Ami, Mako, etcetera.
I wouldn't want a character adaptation done like the recent Death Note movie.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:13 pm 
Usagi's Rose
Usagi's Rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: JapanimationEraRocks
SILVER wrote:
I always though that Dove Cameron would be perfect for an American version of Rei.

she'd make a Cute Minako if you ask me

I like Dove Cameron in general though

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:14 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married To NQS!
she'd be good as Usako too Rose

http://www.SilverMillenniumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek Also A Good Place For Writing Fan Fiction! And Hentai!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
My wife is Japanese, has long black hair, and yells at me, so I think she would make a good Rei Hino.

She refuses to dress as her for Halloween though. :x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:37 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
Prince Rose wrote:
SILVER wrote:

she'd make a Cute Minako if you ask me

I like Dove Cameron in general though

Liv is very Minako-esque. I :love: Dove Cameron!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 am 
Stella
Stella
SILVER wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

I mostly suggested Dove as a troll post, and I agree with your post but I see something else to it, but wouldn't that sort of provide racist implications of tokenism that way? Depending on how its done (but I have no faith in Hollywood to be respectful to other cultures).

I would probably rather a Japanese adaptation, or if an American adaptation would be made I'd want for the basic plot elements to be kept but the Sailors themselves to be different characters other than Rei, Ami, Mako, etcetera.

First of all it isn't tokenism I think that it would make sense for Rei to be Japanese to keep in touch with the Shinto roots of the character. Now me personally if I had my way both Usagi and Rei would be Asian. Rei would be Japanese but I always liked the idea of Usagi being portrayed by Brenda Song as her Suite Life character London really made me think of Usagi. She could be Japanese but then again in this adaptation if Song were to play her Usagi could be Thai I also liked the idea of Minako being portrayed by Ariana Grande of course she would be known as Mina and not Japanese in this version.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 am 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
I have a high school acquaintance whose hair used to remind me of Rei's back then. But me posting her photo won't be ethic sorry.

Jadeite2 wrote:
My wife is Japanese, has long black hair, and yells at me, so I think she would make a good Rei Hino.

Senshi x Shittennou is official! :whee:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:55 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
SILVER wrote:
I mostly suggested Dove as a troll post

And an off-topic one too. :lol:

Death Metal Papillon wrote:
Jadeite2 wrote:

:loltext:

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 pm 
Luna
Luna
MariaTenebre wrote:
SILVER wrote:
MariaTenebre wrote:

First of all it isn't tokenism I think that it would make sense for Rei to be Japanese to keep in touch with the Shinto roots of the character. Now me personally if I had my way both Usagi and Rei would be Asian. Rei would be Japanese but I always liked the idea of Usagi being portrayed by Brenda Song as her Suite Life character London really made me think of Usagi. She could be Japanese but then again in this adaptation if Song were to play her Usagi could be Thai I also liked the idea of Minako being portrayed by Ariana Grande of course she would be known as Mina and not Japanese in this version.

I KNOW it isn't, I said that it could certainly come across/be perceived as that. Don't correct me with a "First of all" - I don't need bullet points, mama.

I DO like your idea of Rei and Usagi being asian, but I'd cast some younger actresses. I like the idea of having Grande play Minako and of having a diverse cast. I'd love having Amandla Stenberg be Ami/Mercury, for example.

Rika-Chicchi wrote:
^ So she could play a Catholic nun in Sailor Rangers? :lol:

I just saw this, and YES!
that would be hilarious

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:32 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Death Metal Papillon wrote:
I have a high school acquaintance whose hair used to remind me of Rei's back then. But me posting her photo won't be ethic sorry.

Jadeite2 wrote:

You have won this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:17 am 
Stella
Stella
I do agree with SILVER I think Amandla Stenberg would make an excellent Sailor Mercury.