* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Theories on how Usagi became queen of the world in the manga
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 pm 
Luna
Luna
Years of membership
Just opened the thread to discuss how Usagi could have been elected queen of the world in the manga and Crystal (the old anime actually spelled out the trigger).

Starting with my own pet theory, of course-feel free to dissect it.

Spoiler: show
As Sailor Moon, Usagi used world-healing powers twice, first to repair the damage done by Metallia and then to repair the side effects of Sailor Saturn swinging her glaive on Master Pharaoh 90. My theory is that her healing did not stop there, but also healed environmental damage all around the world (the desertification of the Fertile Crescent, Sahel and other areas, the deforestation of the Amazon Forest, Chernobyl, and so on), and as people eventually connected it to Sailor Moon people became grateful-especially when she realized what she had done and started doing it on purpose (because Usagi). Eventually she became so popular that the people of the world elected her queen.
As a side effect, Sailor Moon-worshipping cults sprung around the world, and while Usagi does not endorse them they cause enough of a mess that small scale religious conflicts start-with the ancestors of the Black Moon family actually being from one of the cults, the 'purification' they rejected being 30th century slang for them denouncing their former beliefs.

Post subject: Re: Theories on how Usagi became queen of the world in the manga
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: CLAMP PR
It is very simple! She owns the silver crystal and has power of making people look younger.

No more need for botox or facelifts. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:09 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membership
She publically defeated Death Phantom and banished him. that was it, if memory serves.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:13 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Married to TWS91
I think that makes for a good theory. It may be possible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
doctorwho29 wrote:
She publically defeated Death Phantom and banished him. that was it, if memory serves.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. There was probably some huge, extremely public showdown with Death Phantom, everyone realized Sailor Moon's power (and goodness), found out that she was the reincarnation of the Princess of the Moon Kingdom (perhaps after noticing that there was a giant castle on the moon*), and just agreed to let her take over.

*I have always wondered why she rules from Crystal Tokyo when the Dark Kingdom arc ends with the Moon Kingdom being restored. Why do that only to never return to the Moon Castle or mention it again? Is Queen Serenity just up there chilling by her holographic self?

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:51 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
MementoNepenthe wrote:
doctorwho29 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought too. There was probably some huge, extremely public showdown with Death Phantom, everyone realized Sailor Moon's power (and goodness), found out that she was the reincarnation of the Princess of the Moon Kingdom (perhaps after noticing that there was a giant castle on the moon*), and just agreed to let her take over.

*I have always wondered why she rules from Crystal Tokyo when the Dark Kingdom arc ends with the Moon Kingdom being restored. Why do that only to never return to the Moon Castle or mention it again? Is Queen Serenity just up there chilling by her holographic self?

Well, she sort of rejects returning to the Moon Kingdom. She always loved the Earth and is now a citizen of it, so returning to the Moon wasn't what she wanted. I don't think the Queen's hologram is there anymore either... It seemed as though the computer burned out its power reserves after they visited.

And Lord Martiya, I like your theory. It definitely seems plausible and in Usagi's nature.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:14 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
It was all a conspiracy of the UN and the Illuminati.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Didn't the fight against human!Phantom happen after Usagi became Neo Queen Serenity? At least, she was in the dress, crown and everything in the flashback... so that's the implication I got.

My personal theory is that it was somehow a result of Usagi "rebooting" the galaxy via the Galaxy Cauldron at the end of the Stars.