* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Un Nouveau Voyage Just Started♥
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:01 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
I'm screeching with excitement right now. Since I'm not in Japan I'll have to wait until October 4th to watch it but I'm still super super happy~ I believe the first show is happening as I'm posting this ^_^

Here's a bunch of official hype photos + a blurry one of all the girls on stage (I think that's the sequence for Starshine of Love they're performing, but I'm not too sure)

Anyone else freaking out as much as I am?? :lol:

Attachments:
11990525_542169489266817_1563456019738699650_n.jpg
11990525_542169489266817_1563456019738699650_n.jpg [ 76.81 KiB | Viewed 9659 times ]
12038174_542188762598223_4974761915129446023_n.jpg
12038174_542188762598223_4974761915129446023_n.jpg [ 52.42 KiB | Viewed 9630 times ]
12002052_541831882633911_2959834360251404978_n.jpg
12002052_541831882633911_2959834360251404978_n.jpg [ 52.24 KiB | Viewed 9649 times ]

Post subject: Re: Un Nouveau Voyage Just Started♥
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:47 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Is it being streamed online on October 4? Or will you be in Japan then?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:03 pm 
inactive
StarHealerTornado wrote:

Watching it live streamed. Can't be in Japan atm, too broke ;~;

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:33 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Not sure about their acting & singing, but their looks are good. :)

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:38 pm 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I went tonight. Here is my report, with spoilers.

Had a great time at the opening night of the new Sailor Moon musical, "Un Nouveau Voyage" in the front row. I was with Brad (MoonKitty) and Yoshimoon.

This year's show was the S season. There wasn't much in terms of story twists (unlike the first two of the recent musicals), the notable exception being turning Haruka from a race car driver into a rock star (which makes little sense and didn't play much into the story. The S season is incredibly dense and while I think the musical is a bit hard to follow for anyone unfamiliar with the plot, they did a good job. It was really well done as a production, much better than last year's musical.

This year is the last year for the 5 main senshi, who are "graduating" with this musical. We have been there for the opening night of all 3 musicals since the revival in 2013 and it's been wonderful to watch Usagi's actress grow into the role; she did an incredible job tonight. And her Super costume was quite impressive.

I'll miss the actresses who play Rei and Minako; they were outstanding, and I think Rei's is the best portrayal of any of the musicals I have seen.

New to this musical is the actress who plays Michiru; I thought she was perfect-- she had this sadness to her portrayal which matched well with the character. I also thought Mimette's actress was spot-on.

Yamato Yuga as Tuxedo Mask was, as always, impressive. She brings an air of coolness to the role which hadn't been there in past actors. But there is a problem-- she is too cool as Mamoru as well; he is supposed to be doofy, and her chemistry with Usagi was non-existant.

I was impressed that the actress who played Hotaru did both Saturn and Mistress 9; normally you see a different, adult actress for Mistress 9.

Takeuchi-sensei was in the audience this year; we spotted her in the back row. We also got to say hi to the main senshi actresses at the end through a brief goodbye greeting.

We saw the musical cafe but didn't get a chance to go in. We may try to go before we depart on Sunday. We went to the other cafe earlier this week.

Overall this musical was a blast. I may have overdone it with the goods between the musical shop, the Tokyu Shibuya store, and the Shinjuku cafe.

Attachments:
IMG_5543.jpg
IMG_5543.jpg [ 96.59 KiB | Viewed 9514 times ]
IMG_5517.JPG
IMG_5517.JPG [ 67.38 KiB | Viewed 9514 times ]
IMG_5531.JPG
IMG_5531.JPG [ 67.05 KiB | Viewed 9516 times ]
IMG_5513.JPG
IMG_5513.JPG [ 72.91 KiB | Viewed 9539 times ]
IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG [ 67.13 KiB | Viewed 9529 times ]
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG [ 33.52 KiB | Viewed 9523 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
^ Again, thx for sharing it in your nice report. :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:56 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: Cat
Holy smokes. Uranus looks perfect. Great balance between masculine and gorgeously feminine.

I know it's just the way these things are, but I think it's kind of a pity that they're not going to keep the original cast on for any future musicals. It'd be nice if they had allowed them to proceed for the next 2 (presumed) musicals to finish up the main story.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 am 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membership
Other: Rainbow Goddess
Posted here this morning and don't know what happened but I said that I love that the new musical is out! I wish I could be there to watch! Also, Uranus is so pretty!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:17 am 
inactive
foenyanko wrote:
I know it's just the way these things are, but I think it's kind of a pity that they're not going to keep the original cast on for any future musicals. It'd be nice if they had allowed them to proceed for the next 2 (presumed) musicals to finish up the main story.

I wholeheartedly agree, I love this inner senshi cast so much!

Jadeite2: thank you so much for the report of how you enjoyed it;; my friend is over there seeing it soon, and I'm so incredibly jealous. (and you didn't overdo it with the merch, dont worry ;) )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:07 pm 
☽ Crescent Moonie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Nice. I may have to start watching these. The cast and everything looks too good to pass. (and you didn't overdo it with the merchandise. They seriously look cool).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:21 pm 
Lumen Cinereum
Lumen Cinereum
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Out of curiosity, how well current Saturn actress played, compared to previous ones?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:39 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I'm going to be there saturday night, I hope to try out the sub-title glasses.
I really like Yuu Takahashi, Sailor Jupiter, I think she brings the right energy for Mako-chan, also she's really tall.
If you get a chance to see a Takarazuka performance you should do it, if you go the the Tokyo Takarazuka theater early in the morning you can get tickets for that nights performance.

what are the boxes for, leaving notes for the actresses?

Last edited by tuxumino on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:42 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
meekxthree wrote:
StarHealerTornado wrote:

Watching it live streamed. Can't be in Japan atm, too broke ;~;

Do you have a link to where it will be streamed? And will the stream be open to international fans this time?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:56 pm 
Stella
Stella
I will say this it is a shame that the Inner cast is graduating I really enjoyed them and their replacements will have big shoes to fill. However I am excited for this musical and can't wait to watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:30 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
tuxumino wrote:
I'm going to be there saturday night, I hope to try out the sub-title glasses.
I really like Yuu Takahashi, Sailor Jupiter, I think she brings the right energy for Mako-chan, also she's really tall.

Yuupiter is amazing! Her smile is contagious and she is what my ideal Makoto would be!!

Oh and has anyone seen how awesome Neptune's hair is? It follows her longer hair in the Manga and it flows so well! When you look at it from the front it looks shorter BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:01 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Other: conservative
MariaTenebre wrote:
I will say this it is a shame that the Inner cast is graduating I really enjoyed them and their replacements will have big shoes to fill. However I am excited for this musical and can't wait to watch it.

I have a question why do they have to leave because there graduating? Why can't they just continued with there roles? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:41 am 
Stella
Stella
I love Sailor Neptune's hair as well Drewdesu. It looks so long and luxurious.

Obviously imaginationgirl because they want to pursue other roles. My guess is that they don't want to do these roles anymore or atleast for now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:26 am 
inactive
MariaTenebre wrote:
Obviously imaginationgirl because they want to pursue other roles. My guess is that they don't want to do these roles anymore or atleast for now.
It's being played off as "graduation" and the girls all get very upset when they even mention leaving in interviews etc. That leads me to believe they were perhaps "forcefully" asked to leave. I have no idea and I'm not 100% sure of how graduation works in Japan, but it is apparently not something the person chooses themselves. That makes me super sad, because this is my favourite cast of inners ever.

Also Neptune's hair is gorgeous! :love: I thought it was shoulder length at first but that is luxurious as heck haha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:13 am 
Stella
Stella
Well that is a shame meexthree if they are being forced to leave. They are a truly awesome cast and it is unjust to make them leave.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
tuxumino wrote:
what are the boxes for, leaving notes for the actresses?

Yup, they're for fans to leave messages for the graduating Inner actresses (at 1st glance I thought they're voting boxes like those similar ones placed on the lobby counter in the exclusive theater of the idol group SNH48 before the end of a performance, but then when I read those words below them, I know they aren't). :)

My J-pop corner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Other: Kuiper Belt
I've always loved Uranus and thought she was super gorgeous in the anime. I love her little hair flip in her transformation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
Star Angel Haruki wrote:
I've always loved Uranus and thought she was super gorgeous in the anime. I love her little hair flip in her transformation.

Yes, but... we aren't talking about the anime. :? Non sequitur?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:26 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Kerochan no Miko wrote:
Star Angel Haruki wrote:

Yes, but... we aren't talking about the anime. :? Non sequitur?

I know I was using her image I remember from in the anime as gorgeous but I like her here too. I just had that thought in my mind and was thinking she looks so much alike from that look during her transformation in the anime.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:22 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Its said that Haruka uses her cheekbones to sharpen her Space Sword. Lol I'm kidding.

But yeah I agree, I am going to miss the SatomiMoon group so much even Miyabi! They all had chemistry and they really worked well with their characters ... sure they aren't the best musically but they got the characters right!!! (Momoyo is a bit smiley at times but hey Chieko was Smiley as Mercs too)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:54 am 
Forums Shogun
Forums Shogun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The main actresses graduating is a normal process; the actresses themselves may be sad about it but they need to do this to go on with their careers as well.

Forgot to mention that the actress who played Venus was tearing up at the end roll-call of the first night's performance. We also had a few stage troubles where a couple of the girls had malfunctions with their heels, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:20 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
I remember watching Pluto cry in the second one and I didn't know if I was excited or sad..It was very touching.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:38 am 
Planeta
Planeta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vqGi2a_jA

Video of the Dress Rehearsal with one of the new songs ... Plutes looks amazing as always.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:38 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Satomi, Shiori and Yuu had their respective graduation days done at Tokyo.

One of Satomi's dumplings/buns/meatballs/odango dropped from her wig when she did her scene with Shuu (Haruka) which caused Shuu to adlib. Momoyo (Ami) even referenced it at a later scene. (I think this was Friday or Saturday's show according to Tumblr)

All the shows in Tokyo have finished now its onto Osaka.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:02 am 
inactive
I heard about her odango falling off! that's really funny, and you'd have to be an amazing actress to be able to work around that without losing it or something. Apparently Shuu said something like "something isn't right about you today" or something along those lines.

Bring on the Osaka performances though! Can't believe UNV is nearly over already, and I can't believe the inners will be gone :C

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:50 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Jadeite2 wrote:
I went tonight. Here is my report, with spoilers.

Had a great time at the opening night of the new Sailor Moon musical, "Un Nouveau Voyage" in the front row. I was with Brad (MoonKitty) and Yoshimoon.

This year's show was the S season. There wasn't much in terms of story twists (unlike the first two of the recent musicals), the notable exception being turning Haruka from a race car driver into a rock star (which makes little sense and didn't play much into the story. The S season is incredibly dense and while I think the musical is a bit hard to follow for anyone unfamiliar with the plot, they did a good job. It was really well done as a production, much better than last year's musical.

This year is the last year for the 5 main senshi, who are "graduating" with this musical. We have been there for the opening night of all 3 musicals since the revival in 2013 and it's been wonderful to watch Usagi's actress grow into the role; she did an incredible job tonight. And her Super costume was quite impressive.

I'll miss the actresses who play Rei and Minako; they were outstanding, and I think Rei's is the best portrayal of any of the musicals I have seen.

New to this musical is the actress who plays Michiru; I thought she was perfect-- she had this sadness to her portrayal which matched well with the character. I also thought Mimette's actress was spot-on.

Yamato Yuga as Tuxedo Mask was, as always, impressive. She brings an air of coolness to the role which hadn't been there in past actors. But there is a problem-- she is too cool as Mamoru as well; he is supposed to be doofy, and her chemistry with Usagi was non-existant.

I was impressed that the actress who played Hotaru did both Saturn and Mistress 9; normally you see a different, adult actress for Mistress 9.

Takeuchi-sensei was in the audience this year; we spotted her in the back row. We also got to say hi to the main senshi actresses at the end through a brief goodbye greeting.

We saw the musical cafe but didn't get a chance to go in. We may try to go before we depart on Sunday. We went to the other cafe earlier this week.

Overall this musical was a blast. I may have overdone it with the goods between the musical shop, the Tokyu Shibuya store, and the Shinjuku cafe.

I wish someone had gotton a picture of Naoko!