Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Madman Entertainment picks up Sailor Moon for AUS and NZ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
There's just no sense of cohesion when you look at Madman's covers. They don't look good on the shelf together and also the placement of Sailor Moon is random when compared to each other.

Attachments:
IMG_3369.JPG
IMG_3369.JPG [ 89.43 KiB | Viewed 4409 times ]
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG [ 68.93 KiB | Viewed 4388 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:00 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I think the madman ones look great next to each other. Far more interesting to look at compared to the Viz ones (which look lazy).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:13 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sera-V wrote:
I think the madman ones look great next to each other. Far more interesting to look at compared to the Viz ones (which look lazy).

On the contrary, Madman's actually looks like they didn't even bother checking the previous boxes before making their next artwork. Position of the logo is in different positions and sizes, same with the Sailor Moon artwork on the cover and the spines. It doesn't look like they paid attention to any detail at all whereas Viz's artwork has a LOT of detail and the shimmery embellishments make them look really good in person.

Madman's just looks more "interesting" because there's a lot of crap on it, but there's no thought behind any of it.

Also, if you wanna talk about lazy, the background for Madman's S cover looks lazy af. It looks like a cutout of Sailor Moon placed in front of a bunch of heart stamps and looks fan made.

I don't wanna bash Madman or anything because I love their picture quality and I appreciate them, but their box art just gets worse and worse like they don't care at all. Not to mention the actual DVD casework is even more completely inconsistent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:41 pm 
Luna
Luna
Uhh, aren't all the box art "cut out" images on Sailor moon on some generic pattern? Viz is using stars and mm are using doilys. Colour scheme wise, using a single colour per season is standard nowadays, walk into DVD store and 80% of TVs series pull that trick. I like the fact that mm is not opting for that.

Is the sailor moon artwork on the spine really that different?...

That being said Kaze France have the best box art imo.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 4 months ago
inactive
I think the Madman box sets look really good...inconsistent yes, but I personally don't mind the inconsistency as long as the packaging for the box sets look good, and I think they do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:21 pm 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
Episode 92 has the same subtitle glitch the viz version has Venus says Venus power make up instead of Venus star power make up

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:47 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
ChibiBoi wrote:
Sera-V wrote:

I don't wanna bash Madman or anything because I love their picture quality and I appreciate them, but their box art just gets worse and worse like they don't care at all. Not to mention the actual DVD casework is even more completely inconsistent.

At least the spines don't end up like this

Attachments:
QB6IW.jpg
QB6IW.jpg [ 75.03 KiB | Viewed 4056 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:30 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Sera-V wrote:
Uhh, aren't all the box art "cut out" images on Sailor moon on some generic pattern? Viz is using stars and mm are using doilys. Colour scheme wise, using a single colour per season is standard nowadays, walk into DVD store and 80% of TVs series pull that trick. I like the fact that mm is not opting for that.

Is the sailor moon artwork on the spine really that different?...

That being said Kaze France have the best box art imo.

Yeah I do like Kaze France's complete season sets the best. They utilized the space really well, which is something that both Viz and Madman don't do really well, though Viz's covers look more calculated where as Madman looks like someone vomited on the floor and however things landed was how it was kept LOL

And Kaze's background doesn't look like a generic pattern. It looks like thought was actually put into it, which is what I hate most about Madman's covers. And don't even get me started about Madman's S standard edition cover and the placement of the Sailor Guardians...

Attachments:
IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_0040.JPG [ 79.73 KiB | Viewed 3953 times ]
IMG_0039.JPG
IMG_0039.JPG [ 83.2 KiB | Viewed 3952 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Anyone in the U.S. order there set from madman but still didnt get it like me? I'm worried and its now March.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:06 pm 
inactive
NJ_ wrote:
https://twitter.com/MadFest/status/824784948628295680

Quote:
We’re extremely thrilled to reveal that #SailorMoonR: The Movie will premiere exclusively at #MadFest Perth~!

http://www.animefestival.com.au/events/ ... the-movie/

Just read that they also will be releasing this on DVD: http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=39205

Why it'll be just DVD and not Blu-ray is way beyond me. I'd assume that the master copies of the feature films would be of nicer quality than the TV-episodes?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
^No Blu-ray in Japan yet (though it has been announced) and Viz's master does NOT look good judging by the theatrical trailers & reviews calling it "blurry" & "fuzzy".

Madman's DVD should be fine enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:13 pm 
Luna Crescens
Luna Crescens
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
@Eldsjäl : Madman will be waiting for TOEI to release their version of the movie in HD. For now, they will be using Viz Media's version for the DVD. I had asked if they would consider using the European master for the DVD release but they said no. I am guessing it's because they want to match the "SD" quality as close to the "HD" quality for when it does come out in Japan.

Last edited by KAKERU on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:30 pm 
inactive
All right then, thanks for clearing that up! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
There's a bit of controversy now over Uranus & Neptune in Madman's booklet.

https://twitter.com/MissFMBP/status/838747252227072002

Here's Viz's booklet for comparison.

https://twitter.com/saber_breaker/statu ... 7056246784

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Well, in the case of Viz's booklet, "Partners" doesn't exactly imply an overt, romantically-coupled relationship between the two, just that they work together with specifically each other.

But yeah, "Friendship" is putting their situation mildly.

But then again, it's not exactly like the S anime did all that much to really emphasize their relationship beyond a deep closeness. Heh, the manga arc that S was based on even had more Haruka/Usagi material than it had blatant Haruka/Michiru moments.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:54 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
Yeah, I totally hold hands with my straight friends all the time like this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:58 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
NJ_ wrote:

To give Madman the benefit of the doubt, this mistake was probably done by a non-fan who didn't know all the details of the intimacies of their relationship. It was probably just an honest mistake and I can give Madman the benefit of the doubt that they probably didn't have any ill intentions with this mistake. Hopefully though they will correct this and offer a replacement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:26 am 
Luna
Luna
Let's be realistic, they're not going to offer a replacement. The cost would not justify that for a second. The SuperS chart will be corrected. Has anyone asked madman?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:21 am 
Planeta
Planeta
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:

The bigger controversy is "MOM" rather than "MUM"!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:03 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
otakumom wrote:
I'm getting the Aussie videos, just like I did with "Sailor Stars". I hate how Viz runs their business in the Americas, and the less money I have to give them the better. The shipping will be a tad higher, but that's it.

I'm a self hater; I prefer any other English speaking developed country except for the USA.
How did you get Sailor Stars when it's not out yet?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:54 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:

I'm pretty sure the version Madman used came from Toei directly. I remember seeing it months ago because people were complaining about the friendship thing back then.

Like Sabrblade said, Viz calling them "partners" isn't exactly better/more explicit, especially when Usagi and Mamoru are linked by "love." Also, both versions call Luna and Artemis's connection "friendship" which also seems a bit strange, though perhaps at that point in the anime it could be regarded as true.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
MementoNepenthe wrote:
I'm pretty sure the version Madman used came from Toei directly. I remember seeing it months ago because people were complaining about the friendship thing back then.

THANK YOU, I remembered seeing complaints over this last year and was trying to find it last night with no luck and thought I was crazy for a bit.

Also just found it, the chart was from Toei's booth at Anime Expo, the mistake I made last night was checking reports from AnimeJapan. ^_^'

http://foreversailormoonie.tumblr.com/p ... ith-sailor
http://68.media.tumblr.com/4665eb89111d ... 1_1280.jpg

Quote:
Also, both versions call Luna and Artemis's connection "friendship" which also seems a bit strange, though perhaps at that point in the anime it could be regarded as true.

Yeah, we'll probably see something different with Luna & Artemis when SuperS' LE is out.

Last edited by NJ_ on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 pm 
Galaxias
Galaxias
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
NJ_ wrote:
http://68.media.tumblr.com/4665eb89111ded6a311a1deafc768149/tumblr_o9vz1e64GW1rlc7zco1_1280.jpg
There's a LOT of things off with that chart besides linking Uranus and Neptune via "Friendship" (and the cats as well).

King Endymion's name is misspelled as "Endimion". Twice.

Professor Tomoe and Kaolinite are linked by "Love" when that was never given to be the case in the manga/Crystal (it was more hinted at in the anime, and mostly one-sided from Kaolinite).

The Witches 5 are linked via the label of "Witch 5".

Though I do prefer this one, the text description uses "Soldier" instead of "Guardian" for "Senshi".

"It's on the present..." should be "It's in the present..."

"Hotaru is often a testing creature for her father's laboratory experiments..." - No she isn't. He doesn't use her as a lab rat that he runs experiments on.

Mistress 9 is referred to as "the Silence Creature", a term she has never been called in any fiction.

Heart crystals are mentioned as what Mistress 9 needs to awaken, but there were no heart crystals in the manga/Crystal.

Two instances of "reawaken" should instead be "reawakened"

The words "opposed force" should instead be "opposite force"

Sailor Saturn's title is given as the "Destruction Soldier".

The last paragraph not only refers to a search for the Talismans (which was only true for the 90's anime and not the manga/Crystal), but is overall so badly-written that it is barely readable.

Wow! You sure know your stuff, Sabr!
Prince Rose wrote:
thats Sabrblade for ya always in perfect detail
KawaiiMira wrote:
I always look forward to your posts!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:50 pm 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
The actual chart also doesn't label Sailor Neptune, and doesn't indicate the Outers' civilian identities. The Inners are called the "Inner Gusrdians" and Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are called "creatures" :lol:

I mean... It's 2016/2017. Engrish isn't cute anymore, Toei. Get it together.

Its = Possessive. It's = Contraction of "it is."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:10 pm 
inactive
NJ_ wrote:

Wow! I didn't reflect on this earlier when I first got hold of the booklet.

MementoNepenthe wrote:
Like Sabrblade said, Viz calling them "partners" isn't exactly better/more explicit, especially when Usagi and Mamoru are linked by "love." Also, both versions call Luna and Artemis's connection "friendship" which also seems a bit strange,

My thoughts exactly. It would be pretty safe to assume that this just is a mistake as I don't think there was something deliberate solely behind linking Uranus and Neptune as "friends".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:14 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
MementoNepenthe wrote:
The actual chart also doesn't label Sailor Neptune, and doesn't indicate the Outers' civilian identities. The Inners are called the "Inner Gusrdians" and Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are called "creatures" :lol:

I mean... It's 2016/2017. Engrish isn't cute anymore, Toei. Get it together.

They probably worked on it the same time they were working on Crystal's season 3 subs which would explain why those subs were so bad. :googly:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
http://dealerguide.madman.com.au/releases/39072

Available on August 15th.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:00 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
So Madman is not going to release a HD SMR Movie Blu ray then?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 am 
Luna Nova
Luna Nova
Years of membershipYears of membership
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-sho ... ie/447021/ The R movie is up for preorder dvd only it seems.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 am 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
Years of membership
So is this confirmation they're using the Japanese coverart? Thanks for screwing us over Viz. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next