Sailor Moon Forum

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
PGSM is also dangerous due to Minako's effeminate manager & Zoisite's obsession w/ Endymion, so it should also be banned to protect boys from turning gay. :ninja:

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 8 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Jan 22, 2012
Posts: 1223
Location: Nemesis
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
PGSM is also dangerous due to Minako's effeminate manager & Zoisite's obsession w/ Endymion, so it should also be banned to protect boys from turning gay. :ninja:


Because when you're gay, you shoot laser beams from your eyes! And then you maybe happen to hit the house where that woman lives! P-:

_________________
Breaking news. According to Usagi, Mamoru thinks he's my boyfriend. Please, eliminate him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 60 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jan 08, 2012
Posts: 222
Location: England, United Kingdom
It makes me laugh how parents and organisations blame media and other stuff for turning youth homosexual.

Sailor Moon has no gender limit, males can watch it if they wish to just like female can watch Dragon Ball and play with GI Joe dolls.

Sexuality has nothing to do with an individuals hobbies nor interests, being lesbian, gay or bisexual is a personal choice.

Why do we need labels anyhow?
We're all human and have the right to live our lives the way we want to!

When I was a kid, I knew many straight boys who let their sisters give them manicures and would dress up in their mother's clothes, I have a sister that played with GI Joe dolls, hate dresses and got into fights as a child, now she's married, got kids and is a very dedicated housewife lol.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:21 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10249
Location: On The Falcon; with Han Solo
Gender: female
Leo Hino wrote:
It makes me laugh how parents and organisations blame media and other stuff for turning youth homosexual.

Sailor Moon has no gender limit, males can watch it if they wish to just like female can watch Dragon Ball and play with GI Joe dolls.

Sexuality has nothing to do with an individuals hobbies nor interests, being lesbian, gay or bisexual is a personal choice.
Why do we need labels anyhow?
We're all human and have the right to live our lives the way we want to!

When I was a kid, I knew many straight boys who let their sisters give them manicures and would dress up in their mother's clothes, I have a sister that played with GI Joe dolls, hate dresses and got into fights as a child, now she's married, got kids and is a very dedicated housewife lol.


whoa, hold on now.. it isn't a choice.. you are born that way.. no one is going to choice to do somthing that will get them hated by randon people or choice it when they can't marry their loved one..

_________________
Image
The Original Bun-headed Space Princess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 am 
As the first one said, Sailor Moon makes young boys gay.

Ahem, if the boy chooses to be gay, it's his choice. A show does simply not make one gay. It can give the person the idea, but it does not entirely affect their choice. If someone watches the show, and becomes lesbian, they simply chose to do so because they wanted to, not because Haruka and Michiru's relationship gave them an idea. That's just my idea. That psychologist needs to see a psychologist.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10249
Location: On The Falcon; with Han Solo
Gender: female
Guest wrote:
As the first one said, Sailor Moon makes young boys gay.

Ahem, if the boy chooses to be gay, it's his choice. A show does simply not make one gay. It can give the person the idea, but it does not entirely affect their choice. If someone watches the show, and becomes lesbian, they simply chose to do so because they wanted to, not because Haruka and Michiru's relationship gave them an idea. That's just my idea. That psychologist needs to see a psychologist.


it isn't a choice... :neutral: but you are right that it's not a shows fault. if someone who was gay watched sailor moon, they might become more comfortable with themselves if they weren't before

I didn't choose to be attracted to Zoisite it just happened :lol: :oh: =^_^= :love:
:ninja:

_________________
Image
The Original Bun-headed Space Princess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
Guest wrote:
That psychologist needs to see a psychologist.

As they say, doctors are the worst patients. :P

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 42 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Dec 28, 2012
Posts: 299
Location: Chicago, IL USA
so that means if I watch Gojira (1954) I will want to nuke a lizard and have it attack cities

that article is full of BS

_________________
One does not care to acknowledge the mistakes of one's youth

-Char Aznable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:15 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Posts: 1035
Well I watched it when I was like 16. And I'm straight.

_________________
Gomen ne sunao janakute
Yume no naka nara ieru
Shikou kairo wa shooto sunzen
Ima sugu aitai yo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:38 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
PrimusVsUnicron wrote:
so that means if I watch Gojira (1954) I will want to nuke a lizard and have it attack cities

Maybe the Japanese have watched too much Godzilla & hence nuked the (free-moving) fishes around Fukushima (by pouring tons of radioactive water into the surrounding sea), making them even more radioactive today than two years ago when the nuclear accident broke out. :ohmy: Maybe it's time to send radio signals to the M78 Nebula to request them to send some Ultramen here to prepare for the worst. :P

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 11 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Apr 21, 2010
Posts: 1630
Location: The Moon
Wow.

Actually I'd like to see that twist and how they did it. Sooo unvool.

People need to roll over and deal XD

_________________
"Forever in the Moon Kingdom
A Star of power
I protect all that is good, I am the Soul of the moon!"

"Don't eat that cake!"

To View my Sailor moon Collection-
http://www.myspace.com/demon_goddess/ph ... on/3688870


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:32 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 16 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Posts: 553
Location: Canada
Gender: Asexual male
Soulofthemoon wrote:
People need to roll over and deal XD

Like they do in casinos? :ninja: P-:

_________________
「美少女戦士セーラームーン」が私たちの心の中に生き続けています。


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 am 
It says Sailor Moon makes young boys gay...as I said before, the psychologist needs to see a psychologist, and then they need to retract their statement. That is utterly false, and an insult. Then they need to make an apology, lest :setsuna: fry them.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:59 am 
Galaxias
Galaxias
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Posts: 10108
Location: Embelyon
Guest wrote:
That is utterly false, and an insult.

Why is that an insult? Is there something wrong with becoming gay after watching anime?

_________________
Image
http://shoujocity.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 12 months ago
inactive
User avatar
Joined: Aug 17, 2006
Posts: 625
Location: Newberry, South Carolina
Yes, in fact. Sexuality doesn't work that way.

_________________
The new anime IS coming, children. Patience and cookies for all until then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:09 pm 
@ Maraviollantes

What I meant is that the remark that boys become gay is in insult because it implies that all boys become gay after watching the show. I watch it, and still have a huge crush on :ami: , which proves that I'm not living up to the psychologists expectations. Sorry if it came across badly.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:24 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
Guest wrote:
@ Maraviollantes

What I meant is that the remark that boys become gay is in insult because it implies that all boys become gay after watching the show. I watch it, and still have a huge crush on :ami: , which proves that I'm not living up to the psychologists expectations. Sorry if it came across badly.

But you still haven't really answered Mara's question - why's becoming gay after watching the anime a shameful thing in the 1st place? :?

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 pm 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10249
Location: On The Falcon; with Han Solo
Gender: female
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
Guest wrote:
@ Maraviollantes

What I meant is that the remark that boys become gay is in insult because it implies that all boys become gay after watching the show. I watch it, and still have a huge crush on :ami: , which proves that I'm not living up to the psychologists expectations. Sorry if it came across badly.

But you still haven't really answered Mara's question - why's becoming gay after watching the anime a shameful thing in the 1st place? :?


it's not but it doesn't work that way. you don't become gay over night and wake one morning and go "I think I'll become gay today". you are born that way.


but when they say Boys who watch SM makes them gay; it is saying that it's a bad thing according to the nut jobs like OMM.

_________________
Image
The Original Bun-headed Space Princess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 am 
I'm not saying it's a shame to be gay, I'm saying it's a shame that someone says that Sailor Moon makes them gay, when it really doesn't.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10249
Location: On The Falcon; with Han Solo
Gender: female
I kind of want to troll this Psychologist that said that. :mrgreen: I'd question his degree too :oh:

_________________
Image
The Original Bun-headed Space Princess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:59 am 
Solaris Luna
Solaris Luna
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Dec 07, 2009
Posts: 2636
Location: Long Island, NY
I'm not even going to comment on this, it's ☹! I'm a not-out gay man but not because of SM. :|


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Oct 24, 2010
Posts: 10249
Location: On The Falcon; with Han Solo
Gender: female
HandsomeSoldier wrote:
I'm not even going to comment on this, it's ☹! I'm a not-out gay man but not because of SM. :|


well you are out now. :oh: =^_^=

_________________
Image
The Original Bun-headed Space Princess


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
Guest wrote:
I'm not saying it's a shame to be gay, I'm saying it's a shame that someone says that Sailor Moon makes them gay, when it really doesn't.

That's a false proposition, yes, but can't see how it's an insult to anyone (other than a self-insult on that psychologist herself :P ).

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 pm 
Aurorae Lunares
Aurorae Lunares
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Aug 16, 2003
Posts: 1253
Location: E-5 (I have a full scale US map)
OK, don't know if I left a response to this topic, but here goes:

The Sailor Starlights do not change sex at all. Even Takeuchi herself said so in a question and answer session at Anime Expo one year. They're girls all the time.

Ever hear of Takarazuka? Girls perform all the roles, even the male ones.

So the Sailor Starlights are 3 girls performing and dressing like a 3-member male signing group, very much in tradition of Takarazuka.

_________________
I know so little, but at least I know it fluently!

These opinions are fictional. Any resemblance to actual opinions, mine or someone else's, is coincidental.

CompTIA A+ Certified IT Tech


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:53 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
MrShoujo wrote:
OK, don't know if I left a response to this topic, but here goes:

The Sailor Starlights do not change sex at all. Even Takeuchi herself said so in a question and answer session at Anime Expo one year. They're girls all the time.

Ever hear of Takarazuka? Girls perform all the roles, even the male ones.

So the Sailor Starlights are 3 girls performing and dressing like a 3-member male signing group, very much in tradition of Takarazuka.

That's the case in the manga, but not the anime - at least not physically so. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:49 pm 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: Jun 30, 2006
Posts: 5824
Location: Spellman Household, Massachusetts
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
MrShoujo wrote:
OK, don't know if I left a response to this topic, but here goes:

The Sailor Starlights do not change sex at all. Even Takeuchi herself said so in a question and answer session at Anime Expo one year. They're girls all the time.

Ever hear of Takarazuka? Girls perform all the roles, even the male ones.

So the Sailor Starlights are 3 girls performing and dressing like a 3-member male signing group, very much in tradition of Takarazuka.

That's the case in the manga, but not the anime - at least not physically so. lol


This becomes even more complicated if you consider that one or more of the Three Lights could be transgender. Do any of them feel more comfortable in their disguise form?

_________________
http://nekorin-gatacat.deviantart.com/ Come see me at Deviantart!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
User avatar
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Joined: May 07, 2009
Posts: 37659
Gender: Male
Salem Saberhagen wrote:
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
MrShoujo wrote:
OK, don't know if I left a response to this topic, but here goes:

The Sailor Starlights do not change sex at all. Even Takeuchi herself said so in a question and answer session at Anime Expo one year. They're girls all the time.

Ever hear of Takarazuka? Girls perform all the roles, even the male ones.

So the Sailor Starlights are 3 girls performing and dressing like a 3-member male signing group, very much in tradition of Takarazuka.

That's the case in the manga, but not the anime - at least not physically so. lol


This becomes even more complicated if you consider that one or more of the Three Lights could be transgender. Do any of them feel more comfortable in their disguise form?

Yeah, it's entirely possible in the anime that while they're physically male in their civilian forms, they're still psychologically female. lol

_________________
 
Image

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop corner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 am 
If I may be blunt. I was unsure of my sexuality at an early age, SM not only did not turn me gay, it was a very strong force in showing me that I was, in fact, hetrosexual. ;p


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:27 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 44 months ago
inactive
Joined: Mar 07, 2013
Posts: 7
Sailor Moon made no difference in regards to my sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. I am a femme transsexual lesbian, and what I actually noticed in SM that really caught my eye was Nephrite's Testarossa, Mamoru's Alfa Romeo SZ and Haruka's Toyota 2000GT Roadster.

What I like about the series now that I'm an adult is that the show was more open and progressive than the average stuff available then. It was nice to see Zoisite and Kunzite & Haruka and Michiru have homosexual relationships that seemed to just be. Being an LGBT child, it is occasionally nice to see that you can be normal and have normal relationships, even if it is in a magical girl anime.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:43 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 51 months ago
inactive
Joined: Jul 08, 2012
Posts: 52
Location: Wales
Quote:
According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.

According to people with common sense, this is a pile of BS.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Moonies browsing this forum: No registered moonies and 17 guests



Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB

contact forum administrator