Genvid & Dies Gaudii Forums

International Sailor Moon Online Community

* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
* Rss  * Register
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: According to a psychologist, SM makes young boys gay.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:59 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
Rika-Chicchi wrote:
So Sailor moon actually makes gay boys straight. :P

Well, looking at some people on this forum... no. :tongue:

I actually recall something like this being said when I was younger... Seriously, I don't know what the hell is the threat that Sailor Moon poses to those people, but God, I am liking it. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
Obviously, that psychologist is clearly retarded. I watch SM yet I'm straight. How in the bloody hell can a show about girls in skimpy outfits emit queer beams and turn every male who lays eyes upon it into homosexuals? Obviously, the psychologist needs to have his head examined. There are other factors that contribute to homosexuality, which I don't find it to be any problem whatsoever. If it makes a person happy, then more power too them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Mamo Two-Face wrote:
You might say that but I'm not sure it's right P-:

Well, if there can be a "psychologist" saying that Sailor Moon makes straight boys gays, I think there could very well be another one saying that it makes gay boys straight. :P

Avatar courtesy of ayaka502 (enhanced by Senji-kun)
My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
I think what it means is boys that indulge themselves in "girly" activities such as watching Sailor Moon (Or playing with barbies, or dressing up like princesses, etc) are signs that the boy might be something other than heterosexual. Then the Starlights gender issues themselves just helped to bring these boys out of the closet because they saw it on a TV show they really liked and felt at ease with themselves.

Conclusion: Sailor Moon didn't necessarily turn these boys gay because they were already gay! Sailor Moon just helped ease them out of the closet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Yen wrote:
I think what it means is boys that indulge themselves in "girly" activities such as watching Sailor Moon (Or playing with barbies, or dressing up like princesses, etc) are signs that the boy might be something other than heterosexual. Then the Starlights gender issues themselves just helped to bring these boys out of the closet because they saw it on a TV show they really liked and felt at ease with themselves.

Conclusion: Sailor Moon didn't necessarily turn these boys gay because they were already gay! Sailor Moon just helped ease them out of the closet.

If they're gay, they'll discover that sooner or later anyway, w/ or w/o Sailor Moon. :)

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 56 months ago
inactive
That's just a load of ☹ really. I don't believe it.

I am homosexual woman, but I don't think watching Haruka and Michiru in the S and Stars season made me homosexual.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 7 months ago
inactive
What utter nonsense. It's like saying if you watch "Scream" you'll become a serial killer or if you watch "Sex & The City" it'll turn you into a massive ☹. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:15 pm 
Yoshi
Yoshi
I remember a straight male classmate in highschool(its an all boy school) who liked it at first and was actually copying :usagi:'s Moon Tiara Action. But it was so popular among the extremely feminine homosexuals he didn't like it anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:44 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 25 months ago
inactive
Many gay boys are automatically predisposed to be more enthusiastic about stories that feature one or more strong female protagonist. The same could be said about classics such as Cinderella, The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. I can't even fathom how many gay men work at Walt Disney Studios and the various theme parks around the world. To point a solitary finger of blame at Sailor Moon is utterly ridiculous. Men are either attracted to women, or they're not, and spending half an hour with the gender bending Sailor Starlights once a week isn't going to change that. The only thing that turns people gay is their own innate brain chemistry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 pm 
inactive
Sailor Capricorn wrote:

I am homosexual woman, but I don't think watching Haruka and Michiru in the S and Stars season made me homosexual.

I hear you. Let's not jump on the bandwagon and blame SM for everything that's not "right" in the eyes of "psychologists".

Also Haruka and Michiru are one of my favourite couples ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
That's a big steaming pile of, er, uuuuhhhhhh- rotten spaghetti! People need to grow up. And people need to stop hating people who are uh different! First of all a fricken shojo anime cannot make someone gay. Second, people need to stop judging and sterotyping people who indeed homosexual. Why are people so mean? And if you ask me, the physcologist probably just said that to stir up controversy. What I say is shut the heck up and enjoy the show!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:59 pm 
inactive
SoldierOfTheSun wrote:
Many gay boys are automatically predisposed to be more enthusiastic about stories that feature one or more strong female protagonist. The same could be said about classics such as Cinderella, The Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. I can't even fathom how many gay men work at Walt Disney Studios and the various theme parks around the world. To point a solitary finger of blame at Sailor Moon is utterly ridiculous. Men are either attracted to women, or they're not, and spending half an hour with the gender bending Sailor Starlights once a week isn't going to change that. The only thing that turns people gay is their own innate brain chemistry.

Although this is a plausible theory, do you notice how it only seems to go one way? No one bats an eyelid if a girl thinks Batman is awesome, or is really into sports, etc. Basically, it's okay for girls to like typically 'masculine' stuff but it's not okay for boys to like typically 'feminine' stuff. It's a shame such a dated concept is still so prevalent in today's society, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 30 months ago
inactive
Sailor Capricorn wrote:

I went through a bicurious phase in middle school I attribute to those two. I find Haruka to be extremely attractive: in a masculine and feminine sense. To this day, I still don't know what my sexuality is.

Thank you, Haruka and Michiru, for making me sexually confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Sexy girls, panties quite often visible, transformations where the girls are practically naked... very very gay things ^_^' male kids are probably so turned on... and that's the real reason about the success of this anime :tongue:

Anyway the battle of this - kind of - psychologist (Vera Slepoj) against sailor moon is quite known in Italy. There's also a page on her in the italian nonciclopedia (the fake wikipedia).
Just to laugh I try to translate something: ^_^

-Vera Slepoj was completely shocked when she watched the last series of sailor moon: boys becoming girls, girls trasforming into gay boys, kisses with tongue...
The psychologist said the only vision of this anime will turn boys into gays, girls into lesbians and who is already gay or lesbian will be tranformed instantly into a trans.
After this thoughts the psychologist became the president of the italian psychologist association and the vision of the anime was prohibited to every male kids because they try to identifying with the sailorman main character.
Vera also said the vision of the movie '300' should be prohibited to every girl because watching so many strong, beautiful and brave men will arouse their envy and desire to change sex.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:46 am 
Yoshi
Yoshi
BlueShadow wrote:
Sexy girls, panties quite often visible, transformations where the girls are practically naked... very very gay things ^_^' male kids are probably so turned on... and that's the real reason about the success of this anime :tongue:

Anyway the battle of this - kind of - psychologist (Vera Slepoj) against sailor moon is quite known in Italy. There's also a page on her in the italian nonciclopedia (the fake wikipedia).
Just to laugh I try to translate something: ^_^

-Vera Slepoj was completely shocked when she watched the last series of sailor moon: boys becoming girls, girls trasforming into gay boys, kisses with tongue...
The psychologist said the only vision of this anime will turn boys into gays, girls into lesbians and who is already gay or lesbian will be tranformed instantly into a trans.
After this thoughts the psychologist became the president of the italian psychologist association and the vision of the anime was prohibited to every male kids because they try to identifying with the sailorman main character.
Vera also said the vision of the movie '300' should be prohibited to every girl because watching so many strong, beautiful and brave men will arouse their envy and desire to change sex.

Does this woman still have a job?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:09 am 
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Sailor Pusheen Mew
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Girl who fight Evil in short skirts.... mmmm This Psychologist is stuiped...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 am 
Luna
Luna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So does this mean watching The Cosby Show makes people turn black?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 am 
Columnae Creationis
Columnae Creationis
As I recall, that psychologist has a background of religious interest/pressure groups & what she said is actually political rather than scientific, despite its scientific guise.

My J-pop thread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
inactive
Of course it's not scientific. Only in politics one could say that... ^_^'

Ima sugu aitai yo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:33 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 19 months ago
inactive
Saying Sailor Moon makes people gay is like saying Road Runner teaches you how to run through walls, or violent superhero cartoons make you violent, or that Beavis and ButtHead makes you stupid, (well that last statement is a bit unreliable)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:10 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 6 months ago
inactive
flockapowpow wrote:

YES IT DOES! IT HAPPENED TO ME. I SWEAR. P-: I watched that show and the NEXT DAY I WOKE UP BLACK!

*new movie title*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:13 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 23 months ago
inactive
flockapowpow wrote:

No, that would be anything that Tyler Perry shits out from his unimaginative ☹ that makes people turn black.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:02 am 
Bitten by Chibiusa 21 months ago
inactive
Psychologists will find a way to blame movies and television on anything, won't they? This is why we shouldn't allow people as crazy as the nuts they treat into the field.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 am 
Systema Solare
Systema Solare
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Gojira wrote:
flockapowpow wrote:

No, that would be anything that Tyler Perry shits out from his unimaginative ☹ that makes people turn black.

This cracker did start speaking in Ebonics for awhile after seeing Madea Goes to Jail. (I kinda like that movie...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
SailorAnimeGirl16 wrote:
Saying Sailor Moon makes people gay is like saying Road Runner teaches you how to run through walls, or violent superhero cartoons make you violent, or that Beavis and ButtHead makes you stupid, (well that last statement is a bit unreliable)

So, does that mean Daria turned me into a sarcastic, bitter, pessimist or did it just fan the flames?

This whole thing reminds me of Seduction of the Innocent: Wonder Woman's a lesbian (although now there's more truth to that...) Batman and Robin are gay, etc. It's pretty pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 24 months ago
inactive
.....did they miss the hot teenage girls in mini skirts giving fan service panty shots?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:23 pm 
inactive
No, they just think that young boys are retarded and will want to wear a fuku to school. That explains it.

:mischief:

Ima sugu aitai yo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 46 months ago
inactive
I think the root of this faulty logic is the ridiculous idea that girl-oriented shows are considered emasculating to boys/men, and of course, AS WE ALL KNOW, [sarcasm]emasculation is the first step towards homosexuality.[/sarcasm]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 66 months ago
inactive
Raven Nightshade wrote:
I think the root of this faulty logic is the ridiculous idea that girl-oriented shows are considered emasculating to boys/men, and of course, AS WE ALL KNOW, [sarcasm]emasculation is the first step towards homosexuality.[/sarcasm]

Haha that is funny. I think that psychologist was just making faulty claims to scare parents. My brother and I would go over to my friend's house and watch Sailor Moon every day after school. I don't see my brother or my friend's brother becoming gay.

:mischief:

同じ、新たな時代に誘われて、セーラーネプチューン、優雅に活躍
Likewise, invited by a new age, Sailor Neptune, acting elegantly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:40 pm 
Bitten by Chibiusa 13 months ago
inactive
Other: Gay.
Raven Nightshade wrote:

Funny, I thought it was due to the media and drug treatments.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next